Until Google realizes it isn't in their best interests and then removes it and says "oops, we didn't mean to release that option" just like they did before.
    what a crock of crap. Do these delusions come to you in dreams or visions?
    08-25-15 01:10 PM
    what a crock of crap. Do these delusions come to you in dreams or visions?
    You are not very educated. Here is just one article about what I am talking about. You are not only uneducated but you are the one that is delusional if you think Google does anything to benefit YOU or any of it's users.
    Link: Why Android won't be getting App Ops anytime soon - CNET
    They did it before and I'm sure they will do it again.
    08-25-15 01:17 PM
    You are not very educated. Here is just one article about what I am talking about. You are not only uneducated but you are the one that is delusional if you think Google does anything to benefit YOU or any of it's users.
    Link: Why Android won't be getting App Ops anytime soon - CNET
    They did it before and I'm sure they will do it again.
    Thanks for that relevant article from 2013. I think I read that on my playbook when it still worked.

I have app permissions and have had so for years on my android devices. Just because Google removed them from the OS didn't make it disappear. Google is bringing it back and bringing it back for good because people are demanding better control over their information. Just because the herd is slow and stupid doesn't mean they won't stampede every so often. Google knows this and they anticipate and change with market conditions and consumer expectations.

Google doesn't care about any other apps/services other than their own other than to profit from the dev directly via app downloads/sales. App permissions for flashlight and calendar apps, flappy bird and the rest of the crap apps out there don't affect Googles bottom line one bit. They only care if people are downloading them from Google Play and whether these free apps have google ad services.

Google already has access to anything they want (and you want to give them) if you choose to use their services. App permissions has absolutely nothing to do with Google's benefit.

But thanks for the paranoia......errr education.
    08-25-15 01:32 PM
    Thanks for that relevant article from 2013.
    This is now almost 2016 and FINALLY Google is bringing this option back to the users. Yeah, you're right. They got right on it because users demanded it.
    "Paranoia"? No, education and knowledge. Obviously what you are lacking.
    extisis likes this.
    08-25-15 01:36 PM
    That just shows me that there are WAY too many people that have no clue just what android and it's apps collect about them. They use their computers and phones the same way. Like toasters. They turn them on and just do what they want with complete blindness as to what is necessary to run the devices in a secure and private manner, always using things in their default state and not wanting to learn anything about what is really going on.
    THAT is the only reason that android has such a large market share.
    I'm glad to say I'm cognizant of these risk and accept only what I understand and allow.

Hard to say if you are right about the general public but for the sake of the argument, I'll give you benefit of doubt. But your argument still doesn't refute the numbers.
    08-25-15 01:39 PM
    This is now almost 2016 and FINALLY Google is bringing this option back to the users. Yeah, you're right. They got right on it because users demanded it.
    You've been on this app permission kick for quite some time.

Bottom line? It sucks. Android should have done it long ago.

Weirdly enough, most users don't seem to care. Heck, BlackBerry included it within the runtime, no? So it can't be too bad, right.

Like Cyncl, I've had the ability to adjust app permission on every Android device I've owned, for what it's worth.
    lift likes this.
    08-25-15 01:43 PM
    Like Cyncl, I've had the ability to adjust app permission on every Android device I've owned, for what it's worth.
    That's great but you had to root to do that. On the android devices I have played around with I had to do that too. How many of the android sheeple know about root or how to do that? Google knows that and by default there have been NO app permissions for how many years now.
    That was a favor to the developers so that more people would develop for android. Worked well for who?? Google and the developers because they sucked up everything they wanted.
    Now the users were the ones who got shafted. Sure, they got apps they wanted but at what cost to their privacy??
    extisis likes this.
    08-25-15 01:48 PM
    People think BlackBerry doesn't collect user information just like Google/Apple/Microsoft/every-other-corporation-out-there?

Is it denial or just sheer ignorance?
    08-25-15 01:50 PM
    That's great but you had to root to do that. On the android devices I have played around with I had to do that too. How many of the android sheeple know about root or how to do that? Google knows that and by default there have been NO app permissions for how many years now.
    That was a favor to the developers so that more people would develop for android. Worked well for who?? Google and the developers because they sucked up everything they wanted.
    Now the users were the ones who got shafted. Sure, they got apps they wanted but at what cost to their privacy??
    Childish name calling aside, how many folks using the BB10 runtime care? Isn't BlackBerry complicit then for exposing its users to the same system?

You're also ignoring the power of community. Apps with overreaching permissions do get dinged quite a bit. The best apps invariably have the most transparent developers.

And, as noted, Marshmallow fixes it.
    08-25-15 01:55 PM
    At least there's Latin. What about Lithuanian? j/k lol
    08-25-15 02:03 PM
    Childish name calling aside, how many folks using the BB10 runtime care? Isn't BlackBerry complicit then for exposing its users to the same system?

You're also ignoring the power of community. Apps with overreaching permissions do get dinged quite a bit. The best apps invariably have the most transparent developers.

And, as noted, Marshmallow fixes it.
    Never used Android apps on my BB10.
    And you know that I don't talk BS

So, in terms of hypocrisy, my record is clean

Totally agree on the transparent dev part. Good apps usually have transparent and approachable devs (or a dedicated support team if they are big enough).
    08-25-15 03:45 PM
    What's funny? It is what it is. It's a fact that they introduce this improvement.

You not willing to face the fact doesn't mean it's not happening. LOL

And anyway, you claimed Android doing this is being "late to the game" on the other thread.

Doesn't this mean you recognise this improvement too? Or you wouldn't have claimed that this move it too late to the game.

And how are they late to the game? Android have made it so big and far even with compulsory app permissions. Just look at the numbers -% market share. With Android 6.0 allowing people to customize permissions, don't see how that's not gonna better their standing among consumers, and don't see how this is late to the game either.
    are you really collecting my posts? wow dude. ok sure, it's an improvement. i still wouldn't touch android with a 10 foot pole.... or selfie stick. and you were LOL'ing at the wrong thing i really don't care about what droid does man. sorry.
    Last edited by extisis; 08-25-15 at 08:47 PM.
    lift likes this.
    08-25-15 08:37 PM
    this is why i have them on the ignore list. ;-) try it out. works wonders.
    08-25-15 08:39 PM
    this is why i have them on the ignore list. ;-) try it out. works wonders.
    You're right. I just added a few more tonight.
    extisis likes this.
    08-25-15 08:43 PM
    If there's a BB10 version I will get that one, but for the general smartphone population, Android is obviously the better choice.
    i will totally agree with this. i think the general smartphone population are literally covered in sheep fur.
    lift likes this.
    08-25-15 08:45 PM
    are you really collecting my posts? wow dude. ok sure, it's an improvement. i still wouldn't touch android with a 10 foot pole.... or selfie stick. and you were LOL'ing at the wrong thing i really don't care about what droid does man. sorry.
    Glad thay you acknowledged that. You acknowledging that it's an improvement means you believe them too. Being condescending towards me for believing it but the same applies to you? - stop contradicting yourself LOL

LOL wise, I laugh at what I find funny - don't think there is a right or wrong. Dont think I can get that wrong too. In this instance, I'm laughing at how you can be so blinded by your hate towards other OS that you are making illogical and contradicting statements.

And you still can't explain why they are too late to the game.

I like BlackBerry too and that's the reason why majority is on this forum and it's totally fine you wouldn't touch droid with whatever - its just funny your hate can take over logic and reasoning LOL
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-25-15 09:59 PM
    its just funny your hate can take over logic and reasoning LOL
    I don't see it that way. Seems to me your love for android is taking over logic and reasoning for you.
    08-25-15 10:08 PM
    Glad thay you acknowledged that. You acknowledging that it's an improvement means you believe them too. Being condescending towards me for believing it but the same applies to you? - stop contradicting yourself LOL

LOL wise, I laugh at what I find funny - don't think there is a right or wrong. Dont think I can get that wrong too. In this instance, I'm laughing at how you can be so blinded by your hate towards other OS that you are making illogical and contradicting statements.

And you still can't explain why they are too late to the game.

I like BlackBerry too and that's the reason why majority is on this forum and it's totally fine you wouldn't touch droid with whatever - its just funny your hate can take over logic and reasoning LOL
    you're probably a lot younger than i pegged you for. the post i tagged you in (in another thread) was a perfect explanation as to why they are too late to the game. go read it. my hate derives from perfect logic and reasoning so what you're spewing doesn't make much sense. hope you realize that as you become a young man. conversation done.
    lift likes this.
    08-25-15 10:36 PM
    I don't see it that way. Seems to me your love for android is taking over logic and reasoning for you.
    Already specified which side I am on. But that doesn't stop me from seeing the strength and weaknesses of different OS
    08-25-15 10:58 PM
    Double post
    08-25-15 11:00 PM
    you're probably a lot younger than i pegged you for. the post i tagged you in (in another thread) was a perfect explanation as to why they are too late to the game. go read it. my hate derives from perfect logic and reasoning so what you're spewing doesn't make much sense. hope you realize that as you become a young man. conversation done.
    Don't see how age comes into play as long as I'm logical, focus on the topic and not condescending.
    Anyway with Android Runtime in BB we are required to give all our permissions away too.
    08-25-15 11:03 PM
    Don't see how age comes into play as long as I'm logical, focus on the topic and not condescending.
    Anyway with Android Runtime in BB we are required to give all our permissions away too.
    Hence why I don't use many android apps. And if I do I use APK Permission Remover. Simple.

And yeah you were definitely trying to be condescending with your LOL'ing but it just came off as foolish and immature. Thus, the correlation with your implied age. Get it. Move along now.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 11:44 PM
    Hence why I don't use many android apps. And if I do I use APK Permission Remover. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get that app, BBW?

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-25-15 11:57 PM
    Where did you get that app, BBW?

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    Right off of Snap

more Android slider proof-img_20150825_222940.png

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 12:30 AM
    Right off of Snap

Click image for larger version.