more Android slider proof-screen-shot-2015-08-21-2.20.28-pm.png
    Im excited for the blackberry bide thingy whatever it could mean.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-21-15 07:47 PM
    As long as there are active frames, or he'll go to card-webos multitasking! But plz no stock android or ios "multitasking" boo

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:17 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2015-08-21-at-2.20.28-PM.png 
Views:	3941 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	367847
    Im excited for the blackberry bide thingy whatever it could mean.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    Whatever it is, it's only 117 KB. So I wouldn't expect it to be anything of consequence - most likely just some basic component that won't have a visible app to see.
    08-21-15 09:02 PM
    There are no bbassistant.apk and bbkeyboard.apk )

Posted via CB10
    The blackberrylatinime.apk is actually the keyboard
    08-21-15 09:09 PM
    not a highly customized experience... you're looking at the BBRY Suite that will be found on ios, android and wp. big whoop.
    lift likes this.
    08-21-15 09:31 PM
    I just want a rootable Android.

XDA forums + BlackBerry Venice (or Passport) = customizations galore
    then go buy one.... they're everywhere.
    MO3iusONE, lift and acovey like this.
    08-21-15 09:33 PM
    At least you get a message with Android. I have had the hub lock up a couple times on me in 10.3.2.2339.

Posted via CB10
    I've had that happen once on the initial release or, maybe, 10.1. It gave me the opportunity to use the five swipe from the upper right hand corner reset for the Hub. Worked great. I get some crashes with an error message on Android 5.1 Cyanogen on OnePlus One and some freezes without.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-21-15 09:33 PM
    Bide... I keep looking at it and thinking:

"Somebody was gonna fake BRIDGE and fudged it badly".

But heck, wait and see... For all we know this can either be part of the Slider OS OR just the files for the BlackBerry Android Suit the announced not too long ago.
    08-21-15 11:29 PM
    Bide... I keep looking at it and thinking:

"Somebody was gonna fake BRIDGE and fudged it badly".

But heck, wait and see... For all we know this can either be part of the Slider OS OR just the files for the BlackBerry Android Suit the announced not too long ago.
    As someone else pointed out on this thread, this "bide" file is VERY small and probably of no large consequence.
    08-21-15 11:36 PM
    As someone else pointed out on this thread, this "bide" file is VERY small and probably of no large consequence.
    Sorry, no dice. The fuse file (which happens to be Blend's early incarnation) and the actual Bridge files are all ridiculously small...
    08-21-15 11:41 PM
    Sorry, no dice. The fuse file (which happens to be Blend's early incarnation) and the actual Bridge files are all ridiculously small...
    Yes, that is true, I stand corrected on those!
    diegonei likes this.
    08-21-15 11:51 PM
    Just another BULL!
    08-22-15 10:09 AM
    It will most probably be root-able. The only phone currently not fully rootable is the note 4 if I'm not mistaken(there's only a temporary root)? If the phone gets any following over at xda someone will root it imo. Since the "hypervisor" is not going to be used. Though maybe they'll implement something similar to an efuse which Samsung use so once rooted no ota updates and I don't know what else.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:55 PM
    I hope some kind of email management is included in the BlackBerry exp suite.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:56 PM
    Yes, that is true, I stand corrected on those!
    More like... We both stand waiting, since all we did was exchange info. hehe
    08-22-15 02:19 PM
    I am guessing that bide is actually the keyboard. The bid is almost certainly blackberry input device. E could be experience or emulation, most likely it is emulation

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    08-22-15 02:43 PM
    It will most probably be root-able. The only phone currently not fully rootable is the note 4 if I'm not mistaken(there's only a temporary root)? If the phone gets any following over at xda someone will root it imo. Since the "hypervisor" is not going to be used. Though maybe they'll implement something similar to an efuse which Samsung use so once rooted no ota updates and I don't know what else.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, like you say - I would think its like KNOX, if you root it, it lits an 'e-fuse' and wipes the secure 'business' container.

What is really funny about this is that android fans will buy this device and create threads on android central along the lines of:

How do I get rid of BB bloatware on BB Slider?
    Blacklatino and acovey like this.
    08-22-15 03:15 PM
    08-22-15 03:23 PM
    Yes, like you say - I would think its like KNOX, if you root it, it lits an 'e-fuse' and wipes the secure 'business' container.

What is really funny about this is that android fans will buy this device and create threads on android central along the lines of:

How do I get rid of BB bloatware on BB Slider?
    Ah yes meaning you wouldn't be able to use it for enterprise setups which is mainly what BlackBerry will worried about. Unless I'm hoping if it does get a following people will actually like some of the what the launcher contains. I think the BlackBerry launcher will be available as a download on play store rather than coming stock since google is slowly reigning in the manufactures' modifications.. We can see the changes Samsung have had from maybe 2/3 years ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 03:26 PM
    Just realised if it using Android 5+ how will the SD card be utilised? Taught it's unusable mostly at anything 4.4.2 + without root? Unless it's really coming out with M and will be pushed/marketed by google for Android for work or whatever slogan it is.

Edit: Nvm think it's an easy workaround for manufacturers since at least the lg g4 has sd support.
    Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 03:54 PM
    I just hope the HUB will be fully integrated, not just in the form of a standard app. Otherwise this wouldn't make sense and I'd probably stay with BB10...

Posted via CB10
    alludba likes this.
    08-22-15 05:50 PM
    Do the tasks and notes .apks mean that they're killing that horrendous remember app?

And I wonder if I'll be able to back up some of the .apks and blackberry-ify my old android tablet, or if they'll be locked to the blackberry hardware?
    Are you kidding? I love the Remember app. I'm so organized as a result.
    08-22-15 06:01 PM
    Do the tasks and notes .apks mean that they're killing that horrendous remember app?

And I wonder if I'll be able to back up some of the .apks and blackberry-ify my old android tablet, or if they'll be locked to the blackberry hardware?
    It's Android. You'll be able to get apks for all the apps very quickly. Maybe even before the device actually launches. I want a few things, keyboard, browser, hub, calendar... That's about it. Everything else they can keep.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-22-15 06:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    It will not be rootable. If it is, BlackBerry can kiss their reputation for security good bye.
    08-22-15 09:31 PM
    It will not be rootable. If it is, BlackBerry can kiss their reputation for security good bye.
    as long as they don't claim it, no harm no foul right? and it's expected with android it wouldn't surprise anyone and would solidify all that's been said about android.
    08-22-15 09:57 PM
125 1234 ...