Hi everyone. My IT Department says that Priv isn't compatible with mobile iron (@work). They tried loading it and got errors and therefore we cannot use it in our business environment. Has anyone got Mobile Iron working?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 04:05 PM
    It's running on my phone. I only told IT that I have an Android running 5.1.1, not that it was a BlackBerry. I got approved, downloaded the software, and I haven't had any problems.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    00stryder likes this.
    12-17-15 08:13 PM
    Gotta love bias.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 08:16 PM
    It's running on my phone. I only told IT that I have an Android running 5.1.1, not that it was a BlackBerry. I got approved, downloaded the software, and I haven't had any problems.

Does it work with Hub?

12-17-15 09:09 PM
    It works fine with Mobileiron and as others mentioned it sees the Priv like any other android device. However the mail does not go to the hub but rather a separate mail calendar and contacts app/container. It sucks but at least it enables me to use my BlackBerry for work.

rai187 likes this.
    12-17-15 09:46 PM
    Thanks. Need to talk to IT to figure this one out.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 11:01 AM
    It works fine with Mobileiron and as others mentioned it sees the Priv like any other android device. However the mail does not go to the hub but rather a separate mail calendar and contacts app/container. It sucks but at least it enables me to use my BlackBerry for work.

it's like this with other androids, it downloads a separate app. I'm currently seeing if we can configure the hub to use our exchange email with mobileiron.
    02-19-16 11:05 AM
    Same as ThatGuy1234, told IT my phone is an android running 5.1.1 using hub, no 3rd party email program like Touchdown.

Luv'in the Priv!!
    02-20-16 08:14 AM
    Mobile Iron works perfectly for me, and the Hub. I had to turn off sync of contacts and calender in the Hub to avoid duplicate entries, but now Hub is almost as seamless as bb10. The only annoyance is how the app treats calendar invitations sent from exchange, i see these on the Hub, but these can only be accepted from the calendar app.

02-20-16 10:41 AM
    Thanks. Need to talk to IT to figure this one out.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely keep us posted!!

Blackberry Z10 was the beginning. The Z30 is my upgrade
    02-20-16 11:44 AM
    Works OK at my company.... one of the biggest corporations in the world.

Is it as smooth as BES over Z10 ? No way. Clunky as _ell in my opinion. But, it works.

We have taken to calling it Mobil Aluminum.....
    02-20-16 08:29 PM
    Mobile Iron works perfectly for me, and the Hub. I had to turn off sync of contacts and calender in the Hub to avoid duplicate entries, but now Hub is almost as seamless as bb10. The only annoyance is how the app treats calendar invitations sent from exchange, i see these on the Hub, but these can only be accepted from the calendar app.

Just curious, you talking about a Priv Hub? How'd you do that? We have shortcuts dropped that I am using. Haven't figured out how to get it in the hub.....

Very interested...
    02-20-16 08:31 PM
    Any one using Active Sync and Air Watch? It's seamless on my Z30, I'd hate to give that up making the switch to PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 09:10 PM
    Easy, I just set up a new account in the Hub once Mobile Iron had been installed on the phone. Used normal work email log in details, deselected sync of calendar and contacts in the settings screen for that account to stop the duplicates appearing in the Priv apps and productivity sidebar.
    02-24-16 02:15 PM
    Easy, I just set up a new account in the Hub once Mobile Iron had been installed on the phone. Used normal work email log in details, deselected sync of calendar and contacts in the settings screen for that account to stop the duplicates appearing in the Priv apps and productivity sidebar.
    That would be interesting. I didn't try it yet. Still waiting for my replacement as the camera on my PRIV had dust inside the lens.

I am really doubtful whether it will work on my phone but will see.

02-24-16 04:27 PM
    Anyone else using Priv and Mobile Iron? Im interesting in learning about your experience.
    03-15-16 06:47 AM
    I just got this figured out on Monday after getting my Priv last Wednesday. My IT department told me that their servers had to be updated to support the Priv. I wasn't buying it, thanks to this thread. Waited until after hours, called the offsite IT, told them I needed to set up mobile email on an Android 5.1 device. It works. Granted, it keeps logging me out whenever I close the app, which means my push notifications don't come through. No big deal for me, but it'd be nice if they did.

Can't figure out how to get it on the Hub. This all being said, I'm just glad that I'm back down to one phone - and it's my Priv.

Edit: I figured out how to get push notifications working (for me). When I press the square button to close my apps, if I close JUST mail (not Secure Apps Manager), I will stay logged in and get push notifications. I can then press the square again, close Secure Apps Manager, and still stay logged in. However, if I press square and close both Mail and Secure Apps Manager in the same action (like using "Clear All"), I will be logged out and will not get push notifications. So basically, if I close Mail and Secure Apps Manager together, I will be logged out. If I close them individually, I stay logged in. This is actually really nice, as it gives me the option to effectively have a "do not disturb" mode for my work emails. Additionally, when I am logged out (and not receiving push notifications), my battery life is significantly better.

No idea why this is, but it works for me. I'm a very happy camper, and I'm in the Priv camp.
    Last edited by W Dana 17; 03-16-16 at 01:48 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-16-16 12:21 PM
    MobileIron can deploy ActiveSync profiles to the native email app only to certain Android phones from manufactures such as Samsung, HTC, & Motorola. Alternatives would be MobileIron's own email app called Email+ or Touchdown. Depending how your organization has ActiveSync and MobileIron deployed you may be able to manually configure the ActiveSync settings for Hub.

A piece of MobileIron that manages ActiveSync is called Sentry. There are two flavors of Sentry, the integrated Sentry or the standalone Sentry.

The integrated Sentry works together with Exchange servers to manage ActiveSync policies and in this situation ActiveSync would typically be published directly to the internet or through a reverse proxy. This is the scenario where you may be able to manually configure the ActiveSync on you mobile device.

The standalone Sentry serves as a sort of reverse proxy for ActiveSync and typically in this situation ActiveSync would not be published directly to the internet and would only be accessible through the Sentry. The standalone Sentry typically requires certificate authentication and connectivity through it usually can only be configured with a profile pushed from MobileIron.

I'm using it with Email+. Email+ is a decent email app, but it only does email, however, it does sync calendar and contacts to the native phone calendar and contacts apps. I believe Email+ is not available in the Play Store and needs to the pushed out by MobileIron.
    03-16-16 02:35 PM
    Looks like I fall in the latter type of Sentry. I can't connect via Hub and can easily use Email+ app.

I wish there was a way. The Email+ app kinda seems outdated.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    Attached Thumbnails Mobile Iron and Priv?-981.jpg  
    03-20-16 06:50 AM
    I use mobile iron and it works great.

But I would like to it to be integrated with the hub.

I have tried to create an account by entering my work email and password and after that I am getting an error messages " can't connect - this email provider may not be trustworthy. Personnal information may not be protected".

Can you provide more information on how you have your work emails on the hub?

03-27-16 07:41 AM
    I use mobile iron and it works great.

But I would like to it to be integrated with the hub.

I have tried to create an account by entering my work email and password and after that I am getting an error messages " can't connect - this email provider may not be trustworthy. Personnal information may not be protected".

Can you provide more information on how you have your work emails on the hub?

I would be interested too at more information on how to get work email in the hub with mobileiron. Email+ is just plain bad..

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 08:01 AM
    I'm also curious, currently being forced to switch from my Passport because of MobileIron and am considering Priv and S7.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 03:40 PM
    So, much to my surprise I was able to manually configure the activesync account for Hub even though our Exchange ActiveSync is secured behind a MobileIron standalone Sentry. I originally activate with MobileIron and was using their email app Email+. But since I was able to get it to work with Hub I have removed Email+.

If your organization is securing ActiveSync the way ours is you will need two key things. The first will be the hostname address of the Sentry. The best way to find this would be to look on someone else's device in you organization that is already activated with MobileIron and syncing email. On Samsung, Motorola, and HTC Android device you should be able to look at account settings in their email apps. Alternatively, you may be able to go to the MobileIron app - Settings - Email Status and it may show you the server address under Email Account Info. On iPhones/iPads you can go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - and look for an account for your organization - and then Exchange - Account. The setting you are looking for is typically called "Server".

Next, your Priv will need to be activated with your organization's MobileIron environment and they need to be deploying a user certificate profile to your device to use for authentication to the Sentry. I haven't found a way to see currently installed user certificates on Android yet, but you will know if you have one when you try to select it when configuring the account in Hub.

So, go to Hub - + Add Account - type in your email address - then select Manual Setup - Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Your email address should be filled out. Enter your login id in the form of domain\userid. Where it says Client Certificate, press the Select button and you should be able to select your user certificate if one has been deployed to you. Then enter the Server name you found on someone else's device.

So, even though in our configuration we don't need a password since we are using certificate authentication and delegation, Hub won't let you click next till you enter a password. Just enter you user ID's password and select next and cross your fingers!

Attached is an example screen shot of the settings.

If your organization doesn't use the standalone Sentry you should be able to follow the same process, you just wouldn't need to select the certificate.

Now that I'm using Hub I love it. Much more fluid way to manage messages.

Mobile Iron and Priv?-screenshot_2016-04-05-22-02-32.jpg
    JCyinzer likes this.
    04-05-16 09:31 PM
    So, much to my surprise I was able to manually configure the activesync account for Hub even though our Exchange ActiveSync is secured behind a MobileIron standalone Sentry. I originally activate with MobileIron and was using their email app Email+. But since I was able to get it to work with Hub I have removed Email+.

If your organization is securing ActiveSync the way ours is you will need two key things. The first will be the hostname address of the Sentry. The best way to find this would be to look on someone else's device in you organization that is already activated with MobileIron and syncing email. On Samsung, Motorola, and HTC Android device you should be able to look at account settings in their email apps. Alternatively, you may be able to go to the MobileIron app - Settings - Email Status and it may show you the server address under Email Account Info. On iPhones/iPads you can go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - and look for an account for your organization - and then Exchange - Account. The setting you are looking for is typically called "Server".

Next, your Priv will need to be activated with your organization's MobileIron environment and they need to be deploying a user certificate profile to your device to use for authentication to the Sentry. I haven't found a way to see currently installed user certificates on Android yet, but you will know if you have one when you try to select it when configuring the account in Hub.

So, go to Hub - + Add Account - type in your email address - then select Manual Setup - Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Your email address should be filled out. Enter your login id in the form of domain\userid. Where it says Client Certificate, press the Select button and you should be able to select your user certificate if one has been deployed to you. Then enter the Server name you found on someone else's device.

So, even though in our configuration we don't need a password since we are using certificate authentication and delegation, Hub won't let you click next till you enter a password. Just enter you user ID's password and select next and cross your fingers!

Attached is an example screen shot of the settings.

If your organization doesn't use the standalone Sentry you should be able to follow the same process, you just wouldn't need to select the certificate.

Now that I'm using Hub I love it. Much more fluid way to manage messages.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-05-22-02-32.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	396300
    I wonder if this method would work on BB10... I'm able to successfully install Mobileiron but not the PIM (Divide, similar to Email+). Wishful thinking but might give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 11:01 PM