I was playing with the phone at a Rogers store and I realise there's a few feature missing in order for me to like it more
    For example time shift is missing.
    Any owner care to share what is missing in their opinion ?

I don't have patience to sugarcoat things.
    11-08-15 08:26 PM
    No phone is 'perfect' so there are going to be things in every phone that, according to users, is 'missing'.

Yes everyone has an opinion but a post like this gives potential buyers a negative feel to the phone. This is not good.

This phone is AMAZING for BB's first android phone. It is top notch and hits all the key features.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-08-15 08:31 PM
    I was playing with the phone at a Rogers store and I realise there's a few feature missing in order for me to like it more
    For example time shift is missing.
    Any owner care to share what is missing in their opinion ?

Want to know the best thing though? These sorts of things can be sorted very quickly. As they're individual apps, BlackBerry can publish them to the store, and download them for you, without having to wait months for a software upgrade! How quickly this happens I don't know. But they have the infrastructure for it!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Privdroid 5.1.1
    11-08-15 08:33 PM
    The biggest thing is Blackberrys email client this is an Android email. It doesn't sync like my classic does with my outlook blackberry is the only one that does this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    11-08-15 08:34 PM
    Android's email client has never worked with my service, either. That's not uncommon. Long ago the Android world hashed this out and decided that K9 Mail was the client to have. I don't disagree.

That being said, if I had an Exchange server or outlook.com I wouldn't hesitate to download and use the Microsoft outlook client.
    11-08-15 08:37 PM
    No phone is 'perfect' so there are going to be things in every phone that, according to users, is 'missing'.

Yes everyone has an opinion but a post like this gives potential buyers a negative feel to the phone. This is not good.

This phone is AMAZING for BB's first android phone. It is top notch and hits all the key features.

I'm not bashing the phone, I just realise that there are some feature missing
    Time shift, remember app is fragmented etc.
    I'm not trying to discourage anyone in buying the phone.
    The new feature on the priv makes my Z10 ancient.

11-08-15 08:43 PM
    Back on topic:
    Remember app is divided
    Time shift is missing
    File Explorer is missing
    Email server is different
    BBM video is missing

I suspect that those features will (available after marshmallow update (january)

11-08-15 09:00 PM
    I played with one at the store, and Tasks STILL does not have purge completed. Why??!
    11-08-15 09:10 PM
    Back on topic:
    Remember app is divided
    Time shift is missing
    File Explorer is missing
    Email server is different
    BBM video is missing
    Aside from testing it and showing it off, did anyone actually USE time shift?

There are lots of good file managers on Android. I even have one (Playcloud) loaded on my Z10. I suspect that's why BlackBerry didn't make it a priority. Perhaps they'll still port it over.

"Different? " :-) Windows 8 is different than Windows 7. iOS 9 is different than iOS 8. You can adapt!

BBM video I'd love to see! But you realize that means BlackBerry would have to release cross-platform BBM video... cause it's Android. Would be a smart thing to do, but I suspect they fear inability to scale their servers quickly enough if the non-paying masses get loose on high res cross platform video... but we can hope it comes soon!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:20 PM
    Aside from testing it and showing it off, did anyone actually USE time shift?

There are lots of good file managers on Android. I even have one (Playcloud) loaded on my Z10. I suspect that's why BlackBerry didn't make it a priority. Perhaps they'll still port it over.
    Yes, use it all the time. Three small kids. Lots of birthday parties and pictures with grandparents.

As for the file manager, there are a lot of good ones but none have the ease of remote file access that BlackBerry 10 has.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:25 PM

Completely disagree. It's AMAZING for YOU. That does not mean it is the same for anyone or everyone else. Each person has his or her needs and impressions. And people should feel free to express these differences in a forum like this without fear of being called names or told they're wrong because they differ with your opinion.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-08-15 09:45 PM
    Oops my mistake, Playcloud is a BlackBerry 10 app! I must be mixing it up with some other android file manager that I've tried....

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:40 AM
    I know what benefits and changes Android brings but to expand on the op question, what blackberry OS features are missing? What's the compromise switching to the Priv from my Passport SE? Live tiles? Hold for caps? Keyboard shortcuts? BBM features? What do we (BB Users) have to give up to gain the full power of Android?

The impression I get is that we give up everything we love about BB OS. From what little time I've spent using it, the Priv appears to not be a Blackberry at all, but rather an Android device on Blackberry hardware. was hoping for some kind of hybrid OS experience like BB engineers could somehow port BB OS code into a unique variant of Android to give us the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Rob Melanson; 11-12-15 at 10:22 PM.
    11-12-15 09:56 PM
    Like many said, if you're bb10 user going to Android, you will be deceive. If you're a android user going to the priv, we'll you got the best experience of it.
    Oh yeah to add on the list :
    Hold volume key to skip tracks

11-16-15 10:26 PM
    Yes, use it all the time. Three small kids. Lots of birthday parties and pictures with grandparents.

As for the file manager, there are a lot of good ones but none have the ease of remote file access that BlackBerry 10 has.

Posted via CB10
    Timeshift was licensed only and ended up being purchased by Nokia/Microsoft i think

actually i think it was Sony?
    11-17-15 12:11 AM
    Like many said, if you're bb10 user going to Android, you will be deceive. If you're a android user going to the priv, we'll you got the best experience of it.
    Oh yeah to add on the list :
    Hold volume key to skip tracks

It's either hold or double press volume key i'm sure
    11-17-15 12:13 AM