I've been using a Microsoft Mirror Cast dongle to display my phone onto the TV's at our church. I haven't been successful with the Priv, then I found a site that says Google removed Mirror cast support starting with Marshmallow.

Anyone know of an app that will allow me to continue to use my mirror cast dongle? I would hate to buy a Chromecast considering how little we use it and the fact that we own the Mirror Cast.

This was the site... https://www.pcworld.com/article/2907...n-your-tv.html

Paragraph...

Android supported Miracast, in Android 4.2 (KitKat) and Android 5 (Lollipop). However, Google dropped native Miracast support in Android 6 (Marshmallow) and later. If you want to mirror the display from a newer Android phone or tablet, you’ll need to do so via Chromecast.
    12-19-17 01:44 AM
    Due to the fact it takes over the display and thus drains battery plus the fact that even tho its a defined standard, actual device compatibility with peripherals were hit and miss (not every dongle worked with every Miracast supported phone), Miracast never got traction on Android and it was dropped for MM.
    12-19-17 02:29 AM
    just get a chromecast problem solved !
    12-19-17 04:28 AM
    I didn't realize it didn't gain traction, I use it with my Samsung tablet but the fact that it's been on Marshmallow and I never noticed it stopped working tells you how often I use it. I guess I''ll just pay the $35 for Chromecast and call it a day...
    12-19-17 05:04 PM
    the Microsoft Miracast dongle is one of the best ones but there are many out there that didn't work well. Chromecast is a better solution current Android phones.
    12-19-17 05:27 PM