Anyone know if the Priv has these features?

Love my z30 and would consider the Priv if it also has Miracast, HDMI and USB on the go.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:19 PM
    SlimPort bro. SlimPort. USB to go is on board, but you need to download an app for it. And Miracast and Chromecast are pretty much standard on Android.
    11-05-15 10:22 PM
    This is good to hear! Thanks for the info, Bla1ze.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:24 PM
    Thanks. That's good to know.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:26 PM
    SlimPort bro. SlimPort. USB to go is on board, but you need to download an app for it. And Miracast and Chromecast are pretty much standard standard on Android.
    How do your fingers feel?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-05-15 10:57 PM
    How do your fingers feel?

Tired. lol.
    11-06-15 12:20 PM
    From the Priv manual:

Cast your screen

Using Chromecast™ or a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast device, you can share the screen of your device with a larger display, such as a TV or a boardroom projector.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
    2. Tap > Display > Cast screen.
    3. If necessary, tap and select the Enable wireless display checkbox.
    4. Tap the device that you want to share your screen on.

Tip: After you set up devices that you want to share your screen on, you can access them in the Quick Settings menu by tapping .

To stop casting your screen, swipe down from the top of the screen once with two fingers or twice with one finger. Tap Disconnect.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    11-08-15 05:15 PM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:02 PM
    Used it once so far and it was choppy! Going to try it again in few hours and will provide an update.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:08 PM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    No problem. I was interested/concerned myself. It does not list Miracast as a feature on the specifications for the Priv on BlackBerry's own website. It lists that as a feature for BB10 phones, so that implied to me that it was missing.

Miracast is important if you are using a VPN like Zenmate. You can trick the website your streaming (say mlb.com) into allowing blacked out games. If you try doing that with Chromecast, it doesn't work, as the Chromecast dongle establishes its own connection with the site, and loses the VPN.
    11-08-15 08:25 PM
    I just used the screen cast to a Netgear Push2TV device and it worked 10x better than my Z30 ever did. Though I only tried it on a 720p television, I'll test out 1080p shortly on my other television.
    11-08-15 10:01 PM
    Is the Priv heavier than the Z30

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:08 PM
    Z30 is 170 g (6 oz)
    Priv is 192 g (6.77 oz)
    11-08-15 10:10 PM
    Used it once so far and it was choppy! Going to try it again in few hours and will provide an update.

Posted via CB10
    So to provide an update, when the file I'm casting is saved on the Priv, it plays flawlessly, but when I stream from nextflix and then play it wirelessly there are issues.

Works the same on my note5 and passport, so all is good!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:40 PM
    So to provide an update, when the file I'm casting is saved on the Priv, it plays flawlessly, but when I stream from nextflix and then play it wirelessly there are issues.

Works the same on my note5 and passport, so all is good!

Posted via CB10
    I get exactly the same problem on my Z30. I was hoping that one day BlackBerry would fix the streaming issue, but for now, I simply hardwire HDMI for mission critical presentations.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 10:21 AM
    Anyone have problems mirroring with a Sony bravia w950 or similar model with the blackberry Priv.

It finds it trys connecting but nothing, other devices work fine.

Last edited by ahmedhanif911; 12-17-15 at 12:59 PM.
    12-17-15 12:41 PM
    SlimPort bro. SlimPort. USB to go is on board, but you need to download an app for it. And Miracast and Chromecast are pretty much standard on Android.
    What must be downloaded for OTG on priv?
    03-30-16 10:37 PM
    What must be downloaded for OTG on priv?
    Probably a File manager that recognizes the there is an "external drive" plugged into the socket. Maybe other apps that can locate files on that drive?
    03-30-16 11:36 PM
    Probably a File manager that recognizes the there is an "external drive" plugged into the socket. Maybe other apps that can locate files on that drive?
    Pretty much. I use Solid Explorer so bought the USB OTG pulgin as well - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gins.otg&hl=en
    FF22 and the brother like this.
    03-31-16 01:10 AM
    I called BestBuy today for a slimport adapter and guy told me they don't carry those that they only have ones designed for iPhone and Samsung phones.

Any of these work for my Priv? I need one before Sunday.

04-01-16 05:10 PM
    I called BestBuy today for a slimport adapter and guy told me they don't carry those that they only have ones designed for iPhone and Samsung phones.

Any of these work for my Priv? I need one before Sunday.

Be careful. I thought I was getting the right one from Best Buy but its "usb" plug was the wrong size. Had to return it.

I ordered from ShopBlackberry and probably paid a premium. But by Sunday - good luck.
    04-01-16 05:51 PM
    Be careful. I thought I was getting the right one from Best Buy but its "usb" plug was the wrong size. Had to return it.

I ordered from ShopBlackberry and probably paid a premium. But by Sunday - good luck.
    So why wouldn't BlackBerry just add the hdmi port like the Z30?? Oh I almost forgot...we have a keyboard I never use.
    Sweet

04-01-16 06:33 PM
    So why wouldn't BlackBerry just add the hdmi port like the Z30?? Oh I almost forgot...we have a keyboard I never use.
    Sweet

Less places for water/coffee/toilet-water to pour into! Cheaper than including a second port.
    04-01-16 07:32 PM
    I just used the screen cast to a Netgear Push2TV device and it worked 10x better than my Z30 ever did. Though I only tried it on a 720p television, I'll test out 1080p shortly on my other television.
    That's a great device. I have never had issues streaming to the netgear device. Online content and content saved on phone streams flawless.
    Out of curiosity I decided to try the Microsoft display adapter. Pure garbage for any video content you stream online. It's always playing catchup with the video streaming online from the phone. I now only use it for presentations, pics, documents. It probably works great for MS products but not for BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 11:19 PM
    And a physical keyboard

Less places for water/coffee/toilet-water to pour into! Cheaper than including a second port.
    04-02-16 01:44 PM
29 12