I am reading horror stories about downloading this app for my new Samsung Class 10 4K 65gb SD card.

People are saying they lost their info after installation, the phone started rebooting, not recognizing the drive, etc.

I'm thinking I just need to download the app first, then format the SD, then copy my info over from the smaller SD? Or should I not use that app altogether? Please help, I don't want to ruin the SD card I just bought.
    04-15-18 02:16 PM
    For large cards that is required since you will run into FAT32 limitations, and you can't use NTFS. FWIW I've been using that for years, only had one card died of natural causes, a Lexar 64GB. Got a replacement for that and then have a Sandisk now (Lexar is now dashcam duty since Sandisk's warranty explicitly states it is void if used in a dashcam).

As with all data... if it's important to you, back it up.
    04-19-18 07:20 AM
    I put everything from my old sd on the computer first. then put the new card in the priv and download the exfat driver. once everything was settled, then use a usb cable to transfer from computer to sd. or you can pop out the new sd, put in computer and copy over then put back in priv. I had no issues. as long as you have a copy on the computer you will be ok if you have any issues and your new card gets erased.
    04-19-18 09:25 AM
    I got it with ALMOST no issues.
    #ws

w

#1st backed up the old one on the pc.
    #2nd took the old one out of the Priv
    #3rd Downloaded and installed the Exfat app from Blackberry. Restarted and let settle for a few mins.
    #4th Put the new card in the Priv (No pop-ups since already installed the ExFat app)
    #5th Lastly I connect the Priv to my PC via USB and copied everything over.

**Here is the issue, not big but annoying** In Google Play, ALL of my songs that were in their created Playlists, we're completely GONE. Gone from their playlists that is. Individually they were in the same exact file, but for some reason they didn't make it back into their playlists. So painstakingly one by one, I had to put over 2000 songs back in their playlists. That wasn't fun.
    04-19-18 03:04 PM
    I got it with ALMOST no issues.
    #ws

w

#1st backed up the old one on the pc.
    #2nd took the old one out of the Priv
    #3rd Downloaded and installed the Exfat app from Blackberry. Restarted and let settle for a few mins.
    #4th Put the new card in the Priv (No pop-ups since already installed the ExFat app)
    #5th Lastly I connect the Priv to my PC via USB and copied everything over.

**Here is the issue, not big but annoying** In Google Play, ALL of my songs that were in their created Playlists, we're completely GONE. Gone from their playlists that is. Individually they were in the same exact file, but for some reason they didn't make it back into their playlists. So painstakingly one by one, I had to put over 2000 songs back in their playlists. That wasn't fun.
    You need to rescan the Media Server for Android system to pick the files up again.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mediarescanner
    jmo712 likes this.
    04-19-18 05:34 PM