Hey all, as with a lot of you I've got lot of love and complaints about the priv. Today I come with a bug report.

I just picked up a headset. I got the shure 210. It has an optional media wire kit for cell phones, which in testing doesn't control the priv at all. The current status is that the Mic goes completely undetected by the os. Further, the volume up and down on the wire do nothing. Neither does the main button for pause/play/answer call .

That is to say, they don't do anything useful. So far I've correlated that the buttons do play weird sound cues form the device, but delayed about fifteen seconds after I press them, completely unrelated to the function desired. It seems to be playing ring tones built into the device somewhere. Either way you look at it, it's not working.

Anyone with hints or tips? Anyone at BlackBerry want me to submit this as an actual ticket?
    11-17-15 09:55 PM
    What device were you using them on previously? Might not even be a BlackBerry specific issue. Could be an Android one.
    11-17-15 10:03 PM
    Best to report this to BlackBerry assistance yourself. I've tried different headsets before like that type and they never worked on either the Z30, passport or Priv so far. Didn't control volume or the assistant, could use it for phone calls and music but had to use the phone to adjust and do everything else. I just tried my Apple headset and it controls the assistant and volume. Like above post might be those brand headset or an Android thing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 10:08 PM