PRIV is a good device needs some time to mature and work out some bugs.

The messenger app is terrible, whenever I receive a text with a picture. It doesn't download I get (couldn't download message expired)

it's like the sender is setting a size limit and time limit? It seems to have a size limit that limits any images over s certain size?

They definitely need a better text solution than the messenger app, extremely limited.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-05-15 08:03 PM
    I've only had that issue once, and that was when I was connected to WIFI (hasn't happened again). Are you connected to WIFI when this happens?

Also, what carrier are you on? I'm on AT&T, and thus far it seems to work as expected. As an alternative, try the app, Textra
    12-05-15 08:08 PM
    Yes, connected to WiFi, on T-Mobile
    I wonder if it has something to do with their WiFi calling?

12-05-15 08:22 PM
    Hmm, maybe. Turn it off (if you can), and then test it...
    12-05-15 08:39 PM
    I've HD this issue since I got it. I've received other attached pictures but maybe they were smaller in size? Seems like this is happening from friends sending images from iPhones versus other phones.

12-05-15 08:43 PM
    I've only had that issue once, and that was when I was connected to WIFI (hasn't happened again). Are you connected to WIFI when this happens?

Also, what carrier are you on? I'm on AT&T, and thus far it seems to work as expected. As an alternative, try the app, Textra
    Textra is much better than Google Messenger.
    12-05-15 08:55 PM
    Trying out Textra, so far a lot better.

Thanks

12-06-15 12:51 PM
    PRIV is a good device needs some time to mature and work out some bugs.

The messenger app is terrible, whenever I receive a text with a picture. It doesn't download I get (couldn't download message expired)
    I am a
    it's like the sender is setting a size limit and time limit? It seems to have a size limit that limits any images over s certain size?

They definitely need a better text solution than the messenger app, extremely limited.

That's a setting that carriers control however, sounds like it's also a network issue in how it handles mms delivery and reception.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-06-15 02:42 PM
    For all the stuff Google gets right, messenger and hangouts are both huge POS. They just can't seem to make a good default texting app.

12-06-15 03:13 PM
    Does anyone have a solution to this? doesn't make sense that it is happening to only a few. I would like to keep the messenger app.
    12-06-15 03:57 PM
    Turn on the cellular data when you want to retrieve the picture message while connected to WiFi. Messenger is not like Imessage you cannot send pictures through like that

12-06-15 04:18 PM
    Textra works great for me and works with the hub nicely.
    12-06-15 05:14 PM
    Go to your phone dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#* that will bring up the testing screen. Scroll down to SMSC and the line next to it will probably be blank. Hit the refresh button next to the blank line and it will fix the problem.
    12-06-15 05:57 PM
    Just use textra has lots of others recommended. It's really good with lots of customization.
    12-06-15 07:36 PM
    OP i couldn't agree more.

12-07-15 12:12 AM