So I love my Priv to pieces, but there is ONE annoying issue that is driving me insane.

I have roughly 300-400 contacts on my phone, if I open contacts, and start typing in a name to search it, it works fine, quick and responsive. However, if I open messenger to send a message, the phone searches names SO slowly. I will be typing in the name of the person I want to text, and it will be updating like once every few seconds. This is making it very difficult to send mass messages as searching peoples names is very slow and choppy.

Does anyone know what causes the messenger to search contacts so slowly? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!
    06-18-16 11:24 AM
    Yes mine works the same as yours, I have d/l evolve SMS from the play store and seems to work a lot better.
    06-18-16 10:12 PM
    Just my guess. But, if it's the messenger app made by Google, that came stock on most everyone's Priv except for Verizon, I'd say it's searching the contacts backed up to Google and not the ones stored on the phone.
    06-18-16 10:47 PM