A few updates ago on messages, I started getting caps locks on Messages. I can't turn them off, as caps are not on. Any idea how I fix that?

Usually, I have to type in all caps for a few words, then backup and erase it and then the caps will go away.

The funny thing is, I can't put cap locks on and type in caps, if I wanted them on lol.

Strange.
    10-16-17 12:32 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13031266

The only thing I figured out is to hit the caps key like three times before typing.
    10-19-17 09:22 PM
    Same weird stuff is happening to me. I usually have to erase the entire word, make sure my caps lock is not turned on and type again.

The September update really screwed up a lot of things on my priv.
    10-20-17 09:12 PM
    A few updates ago on messages, I started getting caps locks on Messages. I can't turn them off, as caps are not on. Any idea how I fix that?

Usually, I have to type in all caps for a few words, then backup and erase it and then the caps will go away.

The funny thing is, I can't put cap locks on and type in caps, if I wanted them on lol.

Strange.
    Have you done a 32 second reboot?
    10-21-17 01:41 PM
    32 second reboot is done how?
    10-21-17 07:38 PM
    holding the power button for 32 seconds
    10-22-17 02:38 PM
    didn't work. and I have trouble sending images now a days.
    10-22-17 04:43 PM
    Do you mean texting? Messages is kind of vague. Emails? Both?
    10-22-17 05:27 PM
    Text message
    10-22-17 05:27 PM
    No idea which sms app you are using, but try un-installing it and reloading it if you really like it. otherwise, dump it and get something you do like.
    10-22-17 07:14 PM
    It came with the priv. I will uninstall and reinstall. Thanks
    I didn't know there were other choices for text until recently and it has in app purchases and I am not interested in that.
    10-22-17 07:18 PM
    other choices for text until recently
    Most of us use Yaata or Textra, both have free versions, that I think have in app purchases. Try both, then out of the 3, pay the couple bucks for the one you like best. The stock app is Google Messenger, it was really bad for a while, but has been fairly stable for many months now.
    Since it's a stock app you will prob have to disable, rather than uninstall, then reinstall from the app store. I you want to try Yaata or Textra, disable Messenger, then download which ever.
    My preference is Yaata, but it has the most settings of the 3, it can be confusing. Messenger is the simplest, and offers the least customization, with Textra being in the middle.
    towngirl likes this.
    10-22-17 07:41 PM
    Actually, it was called Android Messages. I cleared data, cache, disabled. restarted. enabled. installed.

I didn't know if it should be sms, or not. I think I put sms. Anyway.... it didn't help.

Stupid

And I see on their reviews, people are having the same problem. At least it's not me. I am sure it was an update that did this. Guess we are stuck with it.

I will try another app
    10-23-17 12:04 PM
    Most of us use Yaata or Textra, both have free versions, that I think have in app purchases. Try both, then out of the 3, pay the couple bucks for the one you like best. The stock app is Google Messenger, it was really bad for a while, but has been fairly stable for many months now.
    Since it's a stock app you will prob have to disable, rather than uninstall, then reinstall from the app store. I you want to try Yaata or Textra, disable Messenger, then download which ever.
    My preference is Yaata, but it has the most settings of the 3, it can be confusing. Messenger is the simplest, and offers the least customization, with Textra being in the middle.
    I got Yaata and it doesn't send pics or let me received them, as well.
    10-23-17 12:39 PM
    My son told me to turn data. It seems it's under cellular... that work. Not sure how it was turned off but now it's on
    10-23-17 03:53 PM
    Not sure what you mean by turn data. Turn it on? off?, and where under cellular, or under which cellular?
    Guess it doesn't matter, as long as it works, be happy[BOX][/BOX]
    But knowing the details might help someone else.
    10-24-17 06:56 AM
    I tried to post a pic but it doesn't allow me.

I click the top on my cellular Bell... clicked that and at the top it says "cellular data" ..it was off. So I turned it on.

I didn't turn it off, but it was off. When I turn it on, it worked.
    10-24-17 07:03 AM