Okay, so I've had my PRIV for all of 3 days so far and it is a very nice phone BUT, for the life of me, I cannot get rid of that Message Waiting icon!!

I am a Rogers Wireless user and I have contacted the message centre to confirm I have no messages waiting, I have done a power off cycle, a reboot cycle and even took the phone apart.....No, no I didn't; just joking on that one but you get the idea, lol. I see some Verizon customers are having issues related to how Verizon pedals their plans but I'd like to think that's not my issue being a Rogers customer. Is there something really obvious I'm missing here?? Anybody had this issue and found the fix???

Thanks for peeking in and for any help you may offer.
    Last edited by Paullybob; 09-26-16 at 10:53 AM.
    09-26-16 06:21 AM
    When you're referring to the message waiting, do you mean the voice mail icon? Because that's the only icon I found can't be cleared unless you listen to the VM or you manually clear it through the phone app settings.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    Paullybob likes this.
    09-26-16 06:42 AM
    Which message waiting icon are you referring to? The red splat or something else?

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    Paullybob likes this.
    09-26-16 07:25 AM
    When you're referring to the message waiting, do you mean the voice mail icon? Because that's the only icon I found can't be cleared unless you listen to the VM or you manually clear it through the phone app settings.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    Which message waiting icon are you referring to? The red splat or something else?

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    Sorry folks, yes the voicemail icon. I have called to confirm that I have no messages several time and that's not it...Can I access the voicemail waiting from the phone settings Never thought of that..........
    09-26-16 07:44 AM
    HA!! Access the icon from the phone side....very clever, it worked!! See what happens when I get perfeshinals involved (spelling intentional, lol).

Thanks Crackberry Nation!!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-26-16 07:46 AM
    This is happening to me too! But I'm confused, how did you fix this? What do you mean phone side?
    09-26-16 08:47 PM
    This is happening to me too! But I'm confused, how did you fix this? What do you mean phone side?
    I think that they mean, retrieve the voice mail using the phone. Also, what has worked in the past, is calling your phone, leaving a new message. Retrieving that and then erasing - sometimes cleans out the old one, too.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-26-16 11:57 PM
    Access your phone icon, tap the 3 dots at the top right search bar, settings, calls, voicemail then "clear voicemail icon"....viola!! and pardon my tardy response please!!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-16 10:00 AM
    When this sort of thing happens it's not the phone, it's your carrier and it happens more often than you'd think. I had this happen with my AT&T service and AT&T was unable to fix it *until* they swapped my SIM card -- then it went away. It appears that some aspect of their internal provisioning system didn't like the prefix on my SIM (the new one had a difference in the first digits) and was mis-routing the messages that turned on and off the VM indicator.

BTW this (the VM indicator!) is the original purpose of SMS messages (and that's how it works; specially-formatted SMS messages) -- to send signals to set and clear indicators like this on your handset. Customer-originated text messages were a later "perversion", if you will, of the SMS specification.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-16 10:15 AM