as soon as Mercury comes,
    I'll still be keeping my two privs! Maybe when one of them dies I'll get the mercury. but the priv is just soo perfect for my needs. no other phone can give you the option to either use the virtual or physical keyboards.
    how about you guys?
    any one keeping their priv?
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-12-17 07:49 AM
    Sure.... many won't be eligible for upgrades yet, and many didn't buy the PRIV for it's physical keyboard.
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-12-17 08:00 AM
    Yes, I'll be keeping my Priv. Always nice to have a backup.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 08:08 AM
    Won't be getting a Mercury, screen size, aspect ratio and if all the rumors are even close to correct, it will be a downgrade hardware and spec wise.
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-12-17 08:22 AM
    I could never go back to the always out PKB which is funny because when I was switching from the Classic my biggest concern was switching to a candy bar type phone and missing the always out PKB. LOL
    No turning back for me. Having the slide out PKB is the best of both worlds.
    01-12-17 08:27 AM
    I just love the form factor of the PRIV. With it I have the large full screen and the slide out PKB as well. I would definitely consider the Mercury as a back up phone but I am spoiled by the spacious screen and the full PKB on the PRIV. The keyboard is not too small for me at all. I just determined to learn it like an instrument, even as someone who plays the clarinet learns to pay the flute. I have an extra phone number T-Mobile issued as a promotion and it is currently on a hand me down back up phone so that makes it tempting to get the Mercury as a 2nd phone. I hope they make it with good specs.
    BionicKris, john_v and Mirko935 like this.
    01-12-17 11:03 AM
    I don't know, I guess so.. Might as we move on and sell the priv , it's a good device but the 808 has had its Days..
    bigedschukar likes this.
    01-12-17 11:09 AM
    I gonna keep it, I like the Mercury look but the Priv comes I handy with large screen and PKB there when you need it besides PRIV is BlackBerry designed and sold as

LOYAL TO BLACKBERRY AND NEVER GOING BACK
    01-12-17 11:23 AM
    Double-whammy for me to stay on the PRIV:
    • I'm on a 2 year contract, so it would cost me money out of pocket
    • I LOVE the slider form factor - had a 9810 Torch and loved it
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-12-17 11:25 AM
    Since I'm sure it won't be offered on Verizon, I'll be keeping my Priv.
    01-12-17 11:26 AM
    Will stay on PRIV
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-12-17 11:41 AM
    I love the Mercury for what it as as far as being a BlackBerry designed device with premium looking touches but until I have a chance to hold it in hand I don't plan on purchasing it.

I love the Privs unique form factor and to me it's a damn good looking device lol. Plus I never had an issue with the Passport form factor so it kind of seems like a downgrade. I'll just continue to admire pictures of it lmao
    BionicKris and glwerry like this.
    01-12-17 11:58 AM
    Mercury is nice but with the exception of the better front camera and fingerprint sensor it's not really an upgrade over the Priv (unless the processor is really the 821 and not the 625). I think the slider form factor is ideal in a lot of ways.
    glwerry and Sigewif like this.
    01-12-17 12:10 PM
    I could never go back to the always out PKB which is funny because when I was switching from the Classic my biggest concern was switching to a candy bar type phone and missing the always out PKB. LOL
    Sliders are the best, that's what I've been telling around these forums all the time, but no one hears me. :P
    We should nonetheless all buy at least one Mercury to boost the sales and make it more likely for a new slider to come out.
    TLSTWIN and Sigewif like this.
    01-12-17 01:08 PM
    Can't wait to replace the priv.
    01-12-17 01:39 PM
    Ill stay with the priv. Large screen and a hiding pkb is awesome.
    01-12-17 04:19 PM
    Sliders are the best, that's what I've been telling around these forums all the time, but no one hears me. :P
    We should nonetheless all buy at least one Mercury to boost the sales and make it more likely for a new slider to come out.
    I, for one, hear you, and I agree. A slider is my dream phone. I HOPE there is an upgraded slider in the future. I hope TCL hears us. I think the Priv got a lot of negative press because it was BlackBerry's first android which caused some "bashing" and it had some bugs in the beginning. I have had mine since right after release and it has served me well & gotten better and better with time with all the updates.
    01-12-17 04:37 PM
    The Priv is the ultimate BlackBerry. I think sliders are very underrated. Where else can you get a full screen experience AND a physical keyboard when you need it?

When Nougat comes to the Priv, the battery life will be so much better and the split screen will be much better on the larger Priv screen than the Mercury.

I will probably buy another Priv if my current one dies.
    01-12-17 07:14 PM
    Will get the Mercury, once it's available. Try it out. Hopefully it won't be buggy. And then, pack up the Priv and shove it in some dark corner of my closet.
    01-12-17 08:16 PM
    I'm in exactly the same situation!
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-12-17 09:37 PM
    If I'm upgrade ready I will be selling the Priv and going for the Mercury. I use the PKB 99% of the time so not needing to slide and close to use will be great. I also want to carry the latest and greatest.
    01-12-17 09:42 PM
    01-12-17 10:59 PM
    The Priv is the ultimate BlackBerry. I think sliders are very underrated. Where else can you get a full screen experience AND a physical keyboard when you need it?

When Nougat comes to the Priv, the battery life will be so much better and the split screen will be much better on the larger Priv screen than the Mercury.

I will probably buy another Priv if my current one dies.
    I'm already looking to buy another one .
    Matt J likes this.
    01-13-17 03:38 AM
    i never give up a working phone
    They just go into the alternate garage :]
    FF22 likes this.
    01-13-17 04:03 AM
    BlackBerry Priv is the last ultimate worlds greatest best powerful premium upgradable slider type smartphone device who is built and made by BlackBerry. It's a non TCL (Alcatel) manufactured device and also the very first BlackBerry-Google Fusion device which was ever introduced after ending lives of all BlackBerry's BB10 smartphone devices. Although I was forced to upgrade for a brand new smartphone pocket device back then.

I really don't wanna leave BlackBerry or so because of tons with options, excellent capacities of internal and external storages, PKB, VKB and Security. Let's keep it a buck, I felt the Android OS was maybe akward and different in the beginning but after taking experience with, I do like it more.

But I personally don't like only full touch smartphone devices with VKB's who are too light, very breakable built which can take extreme damages such as Apple iPhone, Samsung, LG, Huawei, Sony, Motorola, Nokia or any other smartphone products who aren't related to BlackBerry because in every corner when I walk by the nearest telephone company, shop, store nowadays, I see those type of smartphones are dominating and spreading all over places. Also all of those full touch smartphones (From the outside only) looks the same and identical to me and their designs are boring as hell. Too many clones from each other and far too hype if you ask me.

When it comes to upgrades by all full touch smartphones, only the designs are getting lighter, wider and/or stretcher (longer) but with less few features and options in. It's getting limited, less fireproof and worser in the end as a result by period of times.

The Priv keeps promising.. All any other BlackBerry-Google Fusion devices (Which are related to TCL Alcatel brandname with or without PKB) in the future can't keep up with the Priv IMHO.

So therefore I don't need Mercury. I still keep and stick with my Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 02-02-17 at 07:34 AM.
    Matt J, zephyr613, Sigewif and 2 others like this.
    01-13-17 04:03 AM
99 123 ...