Hi,
    I'm having an issue with my memory card. I recently updated with February security patch, so not sure if that caused the issue. The memory card is not recognized at all. I can remove it or put it back in and nothing. I restarted it, but didn't help. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was hoping not to have to do a factory reset, but obviously might need to.

Thanks
    02-13-17 12:00 PM
    Hi,
    I'm having an issue with my memory card. I recently updated with February security patch, so not sure if that caused the issue. The memory card is not recognized at all. I can remove it or put it back in and nothing. I restarted it, but didn't help. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was hoping not to have to do a factory reset, but obviously might need to.

Thanks
    How did you have it formatted? As separate/independent memory or as an extension of the Internal Memory?

If you put it in a card reader (or another device) can you read the contents? If so, I suggest backing it up to computer. An update should not cause any problems but these are computers and sometimes things happen.

Before doing a factory reset explore other options including reset/reboot

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    02-13-17 12:37 PM
    Same issue here just days after updating. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not. I also tried removing and backing up my pics with no help as my laptop no longer recognizes my SD card either.
    02-13-17 08:28 PM
    If FF22's methods don't work, you prob have a corrupted card. Assuming you had it set up as an external card, stick it in a PC card reader and see if it works.
    There are a lot of counterfeit cards out there, even from normally reputable vendors.
    SD Insight is good at verifying a card is what it says it is. Though it's not going tp help if Priv doesn't even recognize card.

It's possibly related to security patch, but most prob not.
    02-13-17 08:31 PM
    My Priv killed my SD card just as the previous posters have described. A new SD card works fine in the phone, that's how I know it's a issue with the card and not the phone. Well that and my computer does not detect it.
    02-13-17 09:17 PM
    Reformat in a computer and try again.
    02-19-17 06:54 AM
    You might have to actually erase it before it will even format. Given the cost of cards, I wouldn't even bother. But definitely verify you have a good card, (all of them, not just the suspect one).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ogic.sdi&hl=en
    02-19-17 07:58 AM
    My Priv killed my SD card just as the previous posters have described. A new SD card works fine in the phone, that's how I know it's a issue with the card and not the phone. Well that and my computer does not detect it.
    Check the warranty. You can probably get it replaced.
    02-19-17 11:38 AM
    I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago as well. Couldn't access pics from my SD card and went to Settings/Storage & USB. It showed my Lexar SD card but with 0 GB used of 0 GB. I hit the Eject button (up facing arrow) on that same screen to the right of where it showed my SD card description. Then mounted it again by clicking the name. I didn't need to physically remove and reinsert the card. It mounted and was then accessible.

Give this a try.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-24-17 01:19 AM
    Step1. Connect the micro SD card to your computer via a card reader. Download and install the data recovery software. Run the software and select a recovery module.

Step2. Choose the micro SD card as aim disk so that the software can scan it for lost files. You only need to wait patiently when the software is scanning.

Step3. After scanning, you are allowed to preview the found files. Then, you can select the files you need and recover them.

How to Repair Undetected Micro SD Card:-

Any method you know for undetected micro SD card repairing is appreciated to use after data recovery. Since a micro SD card may become undetectable due to hardware issue or micro SD card error, you have to check each problem one by one so as to find the correct solution. Therefore, you can follow this guide below to fix micro SD card not reading by any device problem:

1. Reinsert / reconnect micro SD card

A micro SD card would become unreadable on a smartphone or computer. Please do following things:
    If mobile phone says micro SD card is removed insert a new one, you can turn off the phone and reinsert the micro SD card or insert the card to another phone if possible.
    If PC cannot read micro SD card, you can change another card reader or USB cable for micro SD card attaching. Then, try to plug the micro SD card to a different USB port or computer.

2. Update driver for micro SD card

A micro SD card can be read by Windows does not only have relation with a proper card reader or USB cable, but also has relation with a proper driver. If driver cannot be compatible with micro SD card, it would also fail to recognize the card. You can open Device Manger on computer and update driver for micro SD card. Or you can check update for Windows to update all hardware.

3. Go to Disk Management to format micro SD card

If micro SD card does not appear on cellphone or PC after doing the things above, now connect the micro SD card to a Windows computer via a proper card reader and open Disk Management. If the micro SD card shows as an unknown or unsupported device there, you can right click the device and reformat the card.

4. Repair unreadable micro SD card with CMD

You can run diskpart from CMD to format micro SD card or open CHKDSK command to fix the unreadable micro SD card on your computer.
    02-24-17 06:09 AM