10-30-15 10:45 AM
26 12
tools
    So reading this article it looks like Chrome and Android will merge into a single operating system. Maybe the BlackBerry / Google talks included BlackBerry helping with security and bringing QNX to the table for 2017.

PRIV could be just the start.

Alphabet?s Google to Fold Chrome Operating System Into Android - WSJ

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    10-29-15 09:00 PM
    well blackberry is stuck between a rock and a hard place they really don't have a choice its either keep suffering or try something new developers dont want to make any apps for bb, the apk's you get is hit and miss so they really didn't have a choice but to move along and try this
    jas1978 likes this.
    10-29-15 09:23 PM
    They're working on taking the same approach Microsoft has with Windows 10, but it's got nothing to do with QNX.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    10-29-15 09:26 PM
    well blackberry is stuck between a rock and a hard place they really don't have a choice its either keep suffering or try something new developers dont want to make any apps for bb, the apk's you get is hit and miss so they really didn't have a choice but to move along and try this
    BlackBerry isn't stuck anywhere, they've already moved on to Android. The only ones who might be stuck are BB10 users who haven't been paying attention to what's been happening over the last six months or so.
    10-29-15 09:34 PM
    BlackBerry isn't stuck anywhere, they've already moved on to Android. The only ones who might be stuck are BB10 users who haven't been paying attention to what's been happening over the last six months or so.
    your absolutely right about that, i will say though that an android with a blackberry casing isnt a blackberry
    Jrox74 likes this.
    10-29-15 09:40 PM
    What does this have to do with the OP?

Anyway, interesting concept from OP. Imagine QNX powered Chrome/Android.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport 
    10-29-15 09:44 PM
    your absolutely right about that, i will say though that an android with a blackberry casing isnt a blackberry
    That's an opinion.

Many, like myself, would not agree. I think the Priv is very BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 10:04 PM
    I don't get this statement because that means that samsung phones are samsungs, LG phones aren't LG and so on. It's still made by blackberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    10-29-15 10:11 PM
    I'm sure you believe what you wrote but I think they failed to produce the products that their customers wanted. They produced an iBerry and a 1/2 Berry and other models that I had no interest in so I waited for a replacement for my 9810 for almost four years and when it finally arrives it's an Android phone. If I wanted an Android I could have left Blackberry years ago but I waited and waited and waited. If the slider was BB10 my wait would have been over. I think the failure was not releasing a slider two years ago running BB10.
    10-29-15 10:14 PM
    That's like saying a Samsung is not a Samsung phone.. and all the other hardware developers using Android OS. BlackBerry is unique as it is the only one that seems to able to enhance Android in a proper way.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-29-15 10:15 PM
    I don't get this statement because that means that samsung phones are samsungs, LG phones aren't LG and so on. It's still made by blackberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    But Samsung, LG etc. don't write the OS. I think he means that the BlackBerry hardware without a BlackBerry OS isn't a BB. Just like iOS is an Apple OS on an Apple device.
    10-29-15 10:24 PM
    That's like saying a Samsung is not a Samsung phone.. and all the other hardware developers using Android OS. BlackBerry is unique as it is the only one that seems to able to enhance Android in a proper way.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    thats not what i really meant the fact that bb makes it doesnt change the fact that it is android
    10-29-15 10:30 PM
    But Samsung, LG etc. don't write the OS. I think he means that the BlackBerry hardware without a BlackBerry OS isn't a BB. Just like iOS is an Apple OS on an Apple device.
    finally someone who gets it
    10-29-15 10:34 PM
    Doesn't matter..... Blackberry will be swallowed up by Google in a couple of years. Count on it. BB has something the Android/Chrome is weak: security. Probably better this way too.
    10-29-15 10:40 PM
    Not this **** again..
    BCITMike likes this.
    10-29-15 10:41 PM
    thats not what i really meant the fact that bb makes it doesnt change the fact that it is android
    It's a blackberry.. Running Android... The OS is not blackberry.. But it's still a blackberry.

Look, Palm came out with the Treo 800w.. It was Palm.. It was a Palm handset.. But it was running Pocket PC.

So it would make more sense to say that the Priv isn't running blackberry 10, it's running Android (lollipop) but that Priv is still a blackberry.
    10-29-15 10:43 PM
    Nobody is denying that it's running Android.

When people ask me what phone I have I don't say (an android) I say I have a note, or Samsung note , sony xperia, etc.

So when people ask me what phone I'll be rocking in a few weeks, I'll say a blackberry. Blackberry running Android.
    10-29-15 10:48 PM
    Nobody is denying that it's running Android.

When people ask me what phone I have I don't say (an android) I say I have a note, or Samsung note , sony xperia, etc.

So when people ask me what phone I'll be rocking in a few weeks, I'll say a blackberry. Blackberry running Android.
    exactly what i mean when you say what you just said you know what it is, when someone says blackberry they know what blackberry is no one expects android on a blackberry, the priv is an android phone made by blackberry
    10-29-15 10:54 PM
    Anyway, interesting concept from OP. Imagine QNX powered Chrome/Android.
    Google has been working on the amalgamation of Android and Chrome for two years, Android knowingly has an issue with security and address it in Marshmallow. BlackBerry has their "come to Jesus" moment and adopts Android on conditions from Google. BlackBerry helps secure Android and thus extends expertise towards Google's future Chrome / Android platform, possibly offers QNX as a licensed solution.

If you look at BlackBerry's portfolio and what they have accomplished in a short time with BB10, it's a no brainer for Google. No need to acquire BlackBerry, just partner and play nice because of the size of the company (hence Alphabet) and which they have been doing as of late.

Software is the future, BlackBerry's DNA in devices. Not BlackBerry devices.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    10-29-15 11:17 PM
    Why does something like Google possibly merging Android and Chrome have to have anything to do with BlackBerry? Or QNX?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-29-15 11:32 PM
    Why does something like Google possibly merging Android and Chrome have to have anything to do with BlackBerry? Or QNX
    It dosen't.
    10-29-15 11:41 PM
    Why does something like Google possibly merging Android and Chrome have to have anything to do with BlackBerry? Or QNX?

Oh, I'm sorry. Did you forget BlackBerry makes an Android phone?

10-30-15 12:15 AM
    I agree. It must have a BlackBerry PKB, BlackBerry Hub, contacts, VKB, Calendar and BlackBerry file manager. Oh wait....

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    xs27 likes this.
    10-30-15 03:55 AM
    Then Samsung phones aren't Samsung's?

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    10-30-15 04:22 AM
    exactly what i mean when you say what you just said you know what it is, when someone says blackberry they know what blackberry is no one expects android on a blackberry, the priv is an android phone made by blackberry
    Officially, it is known as PRIV by BlackBerry.

Not a BlackBerry. There. Happy? Can we shut this damn topic down once and for all?
    djdragon likes this.
    10-30-15 05:28 AM
26 12