This is a helpful. I hadn't heard of Taskmanager by Bytehamster before. That would really help, I think.
    Its quite this Taskmanager and has the quite the options also. Plus receives regular updates.
    10-05-19 12:57 PM
    Its quite this Taskmanager and has the quite the options also. Plus receives regular updates.
    Do you use it on your other phones too?
    10-05-19 01:36 PM
    Do you use it on your other phones too?
    I found works better on Marshmallow 6.0
    10-05-19 05:01 PM
    I love threads like this! With the KEY2 likely looking like my last ever new BlackBerry, these types of discussions remind me of the good times I had with previous devices and provide me with a glimmer of hope (however slim), that I may still find productivity and joy through an older model.

I plan on dusting off my PRIV for the Canuck Thanksgiving long weekend and giving it a whirl as my DD for a few days!
    10-05-19 08:06 PM
    Sorry, folks... can't do it. I fired up my PRIV just now and for giggles, checked to see if there was any system Updates (there weren't) and then fired up YouTube to catch a vid on that sweet OLED screen (still the best BlackBerry screen ever!).

But after 10 minutes of stutters, stalls and Marshmallow, I was waving the white flag. I think with just one more gig of RAM, this device would work for me.

Bless those of you PRIV owners out there who still rock this device day in and day out. I truly envy you!
    10-05-19 09:49 PM
    Sorry, folks... can't do it. I fired up my PRIV just now and for giggles, checked to see if there was any system Updates (there weren't) and then fired up YouTube to catch a vid on that sweet OLED screen (still the best BlackBerry screen ever!).

But after 10 minutes of stutters, stalls and Marshmallow, I was waving the white flag. I think with just one more gig of RAM, this device would work for me.

Bless those of you PRIV owners out there who still rock this device day in and day out. I truly envy you!
    1 more gig of RAM? You mean not an 808 processor lol
    10-05-19 11:03 PM
    Erica - this exact same thing is happening to me too .. I LOVE my PRIV's large screen and hidden keyboard... its perfect for me even tho I have to endure the haggling I get from everyone. I will try some of these suggestions too in hopes that it helps me. I too am a holdout for a PRIV2 :-)
    10-11-19 11:21 AM
    OMGosh Jake - thanks for your help on this! I too had the same issues Erica was having... did the 32+ reboot and cleared my cache.... 4.56G now at 3.27MB!!!! NO WONDER .......DUH!!!!! I had been thinking i needed to replace the battery and THAT looked daunting! Thanks so very much for you advice!!!
    10-11-19 11:29 AM
    OMGosh Jake - thanks for your help on this! I too had the same issues Erica was having... did the 32+ reboot and cleared my cache.... 4.56G now at 3.27MB!!!! NO WONDER .......DUH!!!!! I had been thinking i needed to replace the battery and THAT looked daunting! Thanks so very much for you advice!!!
    Even if you should have had the battery replaced, it's not "daunting" on the Priv. It's actually one of the easiest devices to do it on.
    10-11-19 12:40 PM
    I am having the same problem but my PRIV won't reboot. Keeps getting stuck on the "Blackberry/Android" start screen, then goes to the symbols for a few seconds, then back to the start screen. Each time getting hotter the longer I try to let it reboot. I have tried on the menu to go to the "Fast Reboot" but nothing happens. It is charging, if I turn it off and let it charge. I just can't get it to boot up again. Any hope?
    10-11-19 01:20 PM
    Thanks for the encouraging word....I will need to re-review different "how to" videos then.... else... find a techie type (or store) that will do....LOL #NotThatTechie
    10-11-19 05:11 PM
36 12