Each Security Update contains all of the code for prior updates. And obviously at some point (no pun intended), Verizon's update also included Pointer Mode (which is not hitting other Priv models, too).
    When it came time to produce a release branch for Marshmallow on Priv, pointer mode wasn't in the trunk (the communal pile on which developers throw their work), but the Verizon/Korea Marshmallow branch, having been spun off later, included all the changes in trunk between the old branch point and then, including pointer mode. It seems the Canadian carriers pushed the Verizon/Korea branch to their Privs for the April patch, but it remains to be seen if that was deliberate or just fat fingers.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-17 10:02 AM
    Well, with the right abrasive I can hone that point to be very sharp.

Do you want to be the first on your block to lodge a complaint with the FCC?
    Between you and I, I think we can lance that Verizon boil!
    newcollector and FF22 like this.
    05-18-17 11:58 AM
    Rogers PRIV, already have the April 1 security update. Currently downloading 1835mb. Fingers crossed it's the May update

... yarp. May 5th update. AAL202
    Is BlackBerry bypassing Rogers approval now? Or maybe Rogers is just no longer caring about showing the upcoming android 6 security updates on their schedule as they roll out Nougat to other devices.
    Last edited by Rodney Wilder; 05-18-17 at 11:36 PM.
    05-18-17 10:44 PM
    Received on Tmo priv AAL202
    05-18-17 10:45 PM
    I've seen this mentioned on a couple previous threads. Haven't had a problem here. I connect to a Garmin Vivofit and Plantronics Voyager Legend.
    What are you guys connecting to that breaks?
    Plantronics Voyager Legend, Audi MMI and Pebble Time. Priv switches audio from headset to phone mid-calls for the past few months. Had to switch to an iPhone mainly because of that.

I've tried deleting and repairing all bluetooth devices and it doesn't work. I also refuse to factory reset my device for every bb bug.
    05-19-17 02:31 AM
    Updated last night on unlocked Telus STV100-3.
    05-19-17 05:43 AM
    I just mine now from Rogers
    05-19-17 06:21 AM
    I just mine now from Rogers
    Is your device from Rogers or factory unlocked?
    05-19-17 06:46 AM
    Rogers Phone
    05-19-17 06:47 AM
    Plantronics Voyager Legend, Audi MMI and Pebble Time.
    Any troubles with the Voyager or Pebble?
    I know most cars, until the last couple of years were designed for Apple communication and Android was just a tossed in as an afterthought. Some automakers even advertised iPhone capability. I know my wifes 2012 Nissan's instruction manual talked about how to connect iPhone, and even had an Apple specific jack and cable. Not one word about Android, though the sales guy assured us it work work.
    Reading other forums, a lot of problems with Android and cars, across all devices. Maybe the Priv is worse, I don't know.

Try deleting, (or forgetting as it's now called) all BT's, then do a 32 sec power button reset, then re-pair everything except the car and see what happens. How old is the car, and when was it's software last updated?
    05-19-17 08:15 AM
    Just received on my locked Telus Priv
    05-19-17 08:33 AM
    Any troubles with the Voyager or Pebble?
    I know most cars, until the last couple of years were designed for Apple communication and Android was just a tossed in as an afterthought. Some automakers even advertised iPhone capability. I know my wifes 2012 Nissan's instruction manual talked about how to connect iPhone, and even had an Apple specific jack and cable. Not one word about Android, though the sales guy assured us it work work.
    Reading other forums, a lot of problems with Android and cars, across all devices. Maybe the Priv is worse, I don't know.

Try deleting, (or forgetting as it's now called) all BT's, then do a 32 sec power button reset, then re-pair everything except the car and see what happens. How old is the car, and when was it's software last updated?
    The Voyager and Audi bluetooth disconnects during calls. Music quality is as good as on the iPhone but the Priv hiccups every 10 songs or so. BB10 quality was exactly the same as iPhone. So the problem lies with the Priv.

I did all the troubleshooting steps and it didnt help. The car is 5 years old. Don't know about the software. But I've tried an htc 10 and it worked without a prolem.
    05-19-17 08:43 AM
    Rogers Phone
    Just received on my locked Telus Priv

What's the build version you're receiving?
    05-19-17 08:47 AM
    I stopped the download because is a big file and I'm on the road, I will resume downloading once I get home and use WI-FI
    05-19-17 08:52 AM
    I stopped the download because is a big file and I'm on the road, I will resume downloading once I get home and use WI-FI
    Were you on the beta program with this phone?
    05-19-17 08:55 AM
    Probably the pointer mode version OS
    05-19-17 08:57 AM
    No, I was not.
    05-19-17 09:00 AM
    you probably right, I won't know until I get home around 2PM ET
    05-19-17 09:01 AM
    I did all the troubleshooting steps and it didnt help.
    Just for info, try jumping through a couple more hoops and leaving the car out.
    As I said, I've had no issues with Voyager and Garmin. But then BB has had way more than the normal QC issues with this device, so maybe the Priv is worse, or maybe some of them are.
    I just can't see how a security patch could mess with BT for a handful of people, but not everyone. But every time there is an update, this gets reported, so must be something going on.
    05-19-17 09:49 AM
    What's the build version you're receiving?
    1.8gig build version AAL202. May 5. STV100-3
    05-19-17 09:55 AM
    1.8gig build version AAL202. May 5. STV100-3
    That's odd, it's reverting back to the original (i.e. no pointer mode) branch.
    05-19-17 09:56 AM
    Maybe the pointer mode a number of people received was an oops from the powers that be.
    05-19-17 12:14 PM
    Maybe the pointer mode a number of people received was an oops from the powers that be.
    Why am I not shocked?
    05-19-17 12:17 PM
    If you look above, I question this very thing. Is BlackBerry bypassing Rogers approval now??
    05-19-17 12:29 PM
    Well look what I just received from Verizon!
    I'll download when I get home.
    bibbula, FF22 and Kalvinli like this.
    05-19-17 12:59 PM
236 ... 678910