Even Samsung who is known to be the last manufacturer to release OS updates got Marshmallow on their Note 5 / S6 Edge+

Shame on BlackBerry really
    Not all though, only few variants have got them ...
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    03-10-16 11:12 AM
    If BlackBerry released MM for the Priv and it had a bunch of bugs, the media would probably slam them to oblivion. It's better that it's being delayed and the bugs are being ironed out.
    dguillaume, shabbs and mbirth like this.
    03-10-16 11:14 AM
    They should just skip it and release Android N

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-10-16 11:17 AM

Hahaha, no.
    jdtram likes this.
    03-10-16 11:18 AM
    Hahaha, no.
    This exactly.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 11:47 AM

Lol, can't disagree more. Marshmallow will do so much benefit to the PRIV (if done correctly)

And knowing BlackBerry, they will "smash it". They have added so many fantastic little enhancements to the software side of the Priv and it's still early days. For example the "Flick to delete". Definitely one of my personal favourites.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    03-10-16 01:43 PM
    Not all though, only few variants have got them ...
    Yeah, that I know. So, Google didn't provide the original package to blackberry yet?
    03-12-16 04:24 AM
    BlackBerry has bad reputation on promises.

Understatement of the century!

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-12-16 06:58 AM
    Understatement of the century!

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Actually 100% accurate.

03-12-16 07:07 AM
    If BlackBerry released MM for the Priv and it had a bunch of bugs, the media would probably slam them to oblivion. It's better that it's being delayed and the bugs are being ironed out.
    why would it have to be with bugs? HTC's have marshmallow since launch and I don't see anybody complaining about "bugs"... One of my friends updated (sideload) 6.0 for his LG G3 and he loves it, Battery improvement is huge.
    03-12-16 09:01 AM
    why would it have to be with bugs? HTC's have marshmallow since launch and I don't see anybody complaining about "bugs"... One of my friends updated (sideload) 6.0 for his LG G3 and he loves it, Battery improvement is huge.
    Exactly.

In fact BlackBerry's poor coders are usually the ones introducing bugs these days.

They still haven't fixed the lag they introduced with most recent flawed release of BlackBerry Launcher update.

Same mistakes over and over and over and over again!
    03-12-16 01:40 PM
    Exactly.

In fact BlackBerry's poor coders are usually the ones introducing bugs these days.

They still haven't fixed the lag they introduced with most recent flawed release of BlackBerry Launcher update.

Same mistakes over and over and over and over again!
    Disagree with you on all three fronts.

03-12-16 02:34 PM
    Disagree with you on all three fronts.

You can disagree if you wish but that does not change the fact that BlackBerry broke something in the latest BlackBerry Launcher update as many many having severe lag issues ever since.
    03-12-16 07:06 PM
    Hahaha, no.
    Android "NUTELLA"?
    03-13-16 11:46 AM
    Lol, can't disagree more. Marshmallow will do so much benefit to the PRIV (if done correctly)

And knowing BlackBerry, they will "smash it". They have added so many fantastic little enhancements to the software side of the Priv and it's still early days. For example the "Flick to delete". Definitely one of my personal favourites.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    'Flick to delete' doesn't work for me. Have to always click then click on garbage can.
    03-17-16 12:50 PM
    Telus just published their update schedule up till mid-April:

Software Update Schedule - TELUS Neighbourhood

No sign of Marshmallow nor the April security update, yet Nexus is on there.

Maybe the BB10 diehards finally got their wish with their incessant whining and they're scrapping hardware effective April. Better die with honour than to have that disgusting Android, right?

(/s)
    03-17-16 01:34 PM
    Telus just published their update schedule up till mid-April:

Software Update Schedule - TELUS Neighbourhood

No sign of Marshmallow nor the April security update, yet Nexus is on there.

Maybe the BB10 diehards finally got their wish with their incessant whining and they're scrapping hardware effective April. Better die with honour than to have that disgusting Android, right?

(/s)
    I wish BB would release the numbers before April...
    how do you like the Priv so far?
    03-17-16 01:56 PM
    I wish BB would release the numbers before April...
    how do you like the Priv so far?
    Running great so far. Finally have something I can use for work.
    03-17-16 02:09 PM
    Running great so far. Finally have something I can use for work.
    good to hear!
    any hardware issues at all?
    03-17-16 02:15 PM
    good to hear!
    any hardware issues at all?
    Not that I know of. Battery life is on the weak side however but I blame it on the network.
    03-17-16 02:31 PM
    good thing the hardware is fine. battery life could be improved with tweaks
    Not that I know of. Battery life is on the weak side however but I blame it on the network.
    03-17-16 03:09 PM
    Probably the marshmallow update will improve battery life to Priv.
    But generally guys I using two devices now s3 and Z10 I will tell you that s3 baterry life is pathetic in front of Z10, z10 better. I personally think that's what android does.. if every up gives feedback and location signals to Base then what's the battery life should be. It doesn't matter compare passport and priv nearly the same batteries but one lasts 2 days the priv conservative use 1 day.. it's huge

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 04:49 PM
    MM source code is available to any Android vendor. Samsung, LG, HTC and others don't have to worry about security, instead relying on whatever Google has already developed. So their updates happen faster for the (newer) phones which can handle the extra requirements of the new OS. BlackBerry can't compromise it's reputation. So they have to make sure their custom security code will be well integrated and is in fact secure. That takes time and the quality of their developers have nothing to do with it. Thus any major OS update from them will always be made later than the other vendors. And that's a good thing
    03-17-16 05:02 PM
    Marshmallow update May,or May not come for the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 07:03 PM
    good thing the hardware is fine. battery life could be improved with tweaks
    Well frankly battery life doesn't bother me too much, and like I said I blame the network. I get wildly varying battery life when I'm at home or in the office, so it has to have something to do with reception and the network itself, which Telus won't admit.

I'm no stranger to bad battery life, I had a Pre where I had to carry 2 extra batteries, plus I'm restocking on wireless chargers very soon and installing them everywhere, just like my webOS days.
    03-17-16 08:39 PM
50 12