Well, you're on the west coast and I'm on the east coast with no update. They must be starting in Timbuktu.
    You will get the M
    05-04-16 03:21 AM
    Well, you're on the west coast and I'm on the east coast with no update. They must be starting in Timbuktu.
    Timbuktu lol! That's too funny.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    05-04-16 05:58 AM
    another Verizon waiting room?
    05-04-16 09:53 AM
    I just chatted with a Verizon support tech and he gave me the following information

KELVIN: I did see on other sites that I searched showing that we will have it on May 9th
    KELVIN: We usually are last to release the updates because they have to be tested for any issues.

I don't know which sites he was looking at. Why would he have to look at other sites and not internal information?
    05-04-16 12:55 PM
    You will get the M
    Right now I'd just like a security update.
    05-04-16 01:18 PM
    Right now I'd just like a security update.
    Security update for April just dropped

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-04-16 01:35 PM
    Nothing dropping here in Arizona. I just got off the phone with Verizon support and they were not very helpful. The tech didn't know when any updates would be released. He didn't know much about about the Marshmallow upgrade for the Priv.
    05-04-16 01:52 PM
    I checked and got my April security update this morning. It's something.

05-04-16 02:23 PM
    Verizon Priv- costs the most, oldest operating system, and rather dim support

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 02:24 PM
    After my recent experience with Verizon I am going to be trying out T-Mobile and AT&T again soon, if I have service I'm done. They are as bad as Comcast.

05-04-16 02:52 PM
    After my recent experience with Verizon I am going to be trying out T-Mobile and AT&T again soon, if I have service I'm done. They are as bad as Comcast.

Honestly, I would get the Priv from shop.blackberry, put on t-mo. That way you're guaranteed updates on day one.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-04-16 03:17 PM
    I still only have my Feb patch

05-04-16 03:28 PM
    Honestly, I would get the Priv from shop.blackberry, put on t-mo. That way you're guaranteed updates on day one.
    If only Verizon's cell service was worse in some of the boonies I visit, it would be tempting, although, I still stick with them a while longer as I have a Verizon Priv.
    05-04-16 03:49 PM

Don't switch to ATT, I just got off the phone with them and she told me the HTC is already receiving the Marshmallow Update but doesn't have any date for it to hit the BlackBerry Priv, she said the BlackBerry Priv wasn't even on her list. Crazy. I told her to not forget about the BlackBerry Priv because it's the only reason I switched to Att in the first place.

05-04-16 05:58 PM
    Perhaps tomorrow?

05-04-16 07:58 PM
    Perhaps tomorrow?

🙈🙉🙊

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    Wezard likes this.
    05-04-16 08:03 PM
    Don't switch to ATT, I just got off the phone with them and she told me the HTC is already receiving the Marshmallow Update but doesn't have any date for it to hit the BlackBerry Priv, she said the BlackBerry Priv wasn't even on her list. Crazy. I told her to not forget about the BlackBerry Priv because it's the only reason I switched to Att in the first place.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv ™
    They've been pretty good about the monthly updates, so there is hope.
    05-04-16 08:17 PM
    They've been pretty good about the monthly updates, so there is hope.
    No hope for Marshmallow, I called them and it's not even showing the BlackBerry Priv for Marshmallow

05-04-16 08:34 PM
    Got the update today for mm tmo and I am loving it.

05-04-16 08:38 PM
    No hope for Marshmallow, I called them and it's not even showing the BlackBerry Priv for Marshmallow

A lot of times, reps seem to be the last to know.
    05-04-16 08:52 PM
    Got the update today for mm tmo and I am loving it.

Awesome

05-04-16 09:57 PM

The reps, and techs at AT&T are clueless, I originally got an AT&T device, had major software issues, after a couple hours on the phone, with 1st rep saying there was no Priv update, 2nd (an actual 'tech' according to AT&T) saying they hadn't gotten update from BB, and the 3rd, a 'special BlackBerry tech' admitting they had the update, but were still 'testing' it and had no idea when it would be released.

I then went to customer retention, and got them to allow me to return the phone for full credit, and put my account back to where it was.

The next day AT&T released the update.
    This was the first update back in Nov or Dec, that was known to fix a lot of issues, including mine.

Another interesting AT&T/Priv story, (on a Verizon thread) is when I first purchased the device on release +1day, I wasn't ready to activate it.
    So they handed me a Priv in a box and a SIM.
    SIM was the wrong size. -- Called them and they mailed me the correct size, a few days later I realized , No LTE 4G.
    Back on the phone, and they finally figured out the SIM was not LTE enabled, had to go to store and get Correct SIM.

Took 3 trys for AT&T to even get me the correct SIM.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-05-16 06:50 AM
    The reps, and techs at AT&T are clueless, I originally got an AT&T device, had major software issues, after a couple hours on the phone, with 1st rep saying there was no Priv update, 2nd (an actual 'tech' according to AT&T) saying they hadn't gotten update from BB, and the 3rd, a 'special BlackBerry tech' admitting they had the update, but were still 'testing' it and had no idea when it would be released.

I then went to customer retention, and got them to allow me to return the phone for full credit, and put my account back to where it was.

The next day AT&T released the update.
    This was the first update back in Nov or Dec, that was known to fix a lot of issues, including mine.

Another interesting AT&T/Priv story, (on a Verizon thread) is when I first purchased the device on release +1day, I wasn't ready to activate it.
    So they handed me a Priv in a box and a SIM.
    SIM was the wrong size. -- Called them and they mailed me the correct size, a few days later I realized , No LTE 4G.
    Back on the phone, and they finally figured out the SIM was not LTE enabled, had to go to store and get Correct SIM.

Took 3 trys for AT&T to even get me the correct SIM.
    So are you saying that att has the update and just don't know it?

05-05-16 07:05 AM
    So are you saying that att has the update and just don't know it?

BlackBerry sent the updates to ALL carriers at some time prior to May 3. The carriers were prohibited from releasing it before May 3, (or 2, I forget).
    All carriers have had it for at least 10 days, they are 'testing' it.
    05-05-16 07:12 AM
    At least the good thing is that all the carriers have MM devices, so they don't need to do as much testing of it as they would if they've never had a MM device. Theoretically.
    05-05-16 08:25 AM
238 12345 ...