[Confirmed] Marshmallow release date to be announced at MWC 2016

"We are testing Android Marshmallow now and will roll it out shortly after our Telco's have verified it" and even "BlackBerry will Regularly roll out over-the-air updates to its software but Android kernel updates [That change the device's 'Radio'] will need to be approved by the Telcos (we are testing Marshmallow and will be made ​​available shortly, once approved by TELCO - BlackBerry will continue to provide OTA software updates "over the air" but the Android kernel updates must be approved before by Telcos)

BlackBerry PRIV pronto a ricevere Android Marshmallow (a breve) - BlackBerrySphere.com

https://www.mobileworldcongress.com/...or/blackberry/
    Last edited by 3junior; 02-10-16 at 06:19 AM.
    02-07-16 09:32 PM
    source?
    02-07-16 09:51 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 09:56 PM
    What

Posted via Priv
    02-07-16 09:59 PM
    I hope you're correct!

I'm really hoping that M fixes some weird lag on the Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-07-16 10:01 PM
    source?
    Inside news we will see in two weeks
    02-07-16 10:03 PM
    Well, like everyone else waiting for it, most googled sites are still stating the 1st Quarter.......since last year for "other" Android devices.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-07-16 at 11:24 PM.
    02-07-16 10:36 PM
    BlackBerry only said they will announce there roadmap for BlackBerry Android updating to Google Android Marshmallow. There is nothing about a release date.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    02-07-16 11:00 PM
    BlackBerry only said they will announce there roadmap for BlackBerry Android updating to Google Android Marshmallow. There is nothing about a release date.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    After the other devices get updated, Priv will probably get the update as previously mentioned here on CrackBerry over a month ago. But, no timetable "specifics" were ever mentioned.

Glass half-full people: Quit complaining and just refill the glass. /SM-G928A ��
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-09-16 at 02:05 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-07-16 11:29 PM
    "We are testing Android Marshmallow now and will roll it out shortly after our Telco's have verified it" and even "BlackBerry will Regularly roll out over-the-air updates to its software but Android kernel updates [That change the device's 'Radio'] will need to be approved by the Telcos (we are testing Marshmallow and will be made ​​available shortly, once approved by TELCO - BlackBerry will continue to provide OTA software updates "over the air" but the Android kernel updates must be approved before by Telcos)

BlackBerry PRIV pronto a ricevere Android Marshmallow (a breve) - BlackBerrySphere.com
    02-10-16 06:19 AM
    Someone over at the Vienna forums was saying there's yet another rumour about BlackBerry pulling out of MWC...
    02-10-16 06:50 AM
    Someone over at the Vienna forums was saying there's yet another rumour about BlackBerry pulling out of MWC...
    Very unlikely BlackBerry will pull out. They have a lot of software suites to showcase.

They will probably not have anything to show hardware wise but im pretty sure they will participate.

02-10-16 06:55 AM
    If not released then that is just sad. I've already played with Marshmallow on a HTC device and it works better than Lollipop on the same device. Honestly I've always thought of Lollipop as a lemon. So I am sure you will like Marshmallow when they see fit to release it.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 06:59 AM
    I'm looking forward to Marshmallow, but I would rather wait a little for them to get it right on the Priv.
    Steelsheen and Nels like this.
    02-10-16 07:04 AM
    I'm looking forward to Marshmallow, but I would rather wait a little for them to get it right on the Priv.
    +1

02-10-16 07:15 AM
    If not released then that is just sad. I've already played with Marshmallow on a HTC device and it works better than Lollipop on the same device. Honestly I've always thought of Lollipop as a lemon. So I am sure you will like Marshmallow when they see fit to release it.

Posted via CB10
    Lollipop was a total lemon.
    02-10-16 07:16 AM
    I don't see what the big deal is. Marshmallow doesn't add much.

02-10-16 07:27 AM
    I don't see what the big deal is. Marshmallow doesn't add much.

Patently incorrect.
    02-10-16 07:29 AM
    I guess it depends on what you care about. My wife's phone has Marshmallow and it isn't very different.

02-10-16 07:43 AM
    To me, it seems that M is just a slightly refined and tweaked L. Many people never even see a difference.

Apart from under the hood stuff (not unimportant), there are the permissions, enhancements to Google Now, SD card improvements, battery improvements.

From Android Pit:

Android Marshmallow vs Android Lollipop: Conclusion

This Android Marshmallow vs Android Lollipop comparison has quickly made it clear that the changes are significantly smaller than they were between the Lollipop update and KitKat. But that is not surprising; Google can't be expected to release a huge update every year.
    02-10-16 07:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Someone said the same thing about the G4, which shares the same hardware as the Priv. Something to look forward to, they say it makes it fly.
    02-10-16 08:09 AM
    M has greater battery life than L and L 5.0 had stupid bugs like could not connect to wpa2-aes WiFi.

If you were at the mercy of a carrier/device manu provided update then no WiFi for you.

HTC M8 could only connect to WiFi on kitkat until M. They skipped L 5.1 so a long time passed between OSes. Only released L 5.0 and then nothing again until M 6.0 which they just now rolled out.

Posted via CB10
    Derek Stacey likes this.
    02-10-16 10:49 AM
    I am looking forward to android M 6.0, smoother performance, increased battery life and enhanced security to just name a few of the improvements.
    02-10-16 11:14 AM
    Pulling out would mean that they have nothing to show or talk about and that makes them look really bad. it's just like an auto show missing one of the major car makers.
    02-10-16 11:46 AM
    "after our Telco's have verified it" usually means months. Carriers have no incentive to facilitate kernel updates. It often triggers customer service events because some handsets will be bricked, lose data, etc. They will drag their feet as long as they possibly can because if the user wants an updated experience they would much rather you buy a new phone and sign a new contract. This will especially be true of a one-off low-volume handset.
    dejanh and JeepBB like this.
    02-10-16 12:21 PM
41 12