It's a sad day. I've only owned blackberries for the last 16 years. The Priv has been the best! I've actually begun to post here on cb. In the past, I only came for help. This is the first device I've ever had to warranty through BlackBerry. The customer service was excellent, although lengthy as I purchased my phone through AT&T. The BlackBerry rep, Joey stayed on the line the entire time and insisted the AT&T rep give me the best option available. My phone stopped rotating today. Reboot, hard reset, factory reset. Nothing would correct it. I use this feature quite a bit, but would not pay for insurance to replace it for the loss. The March update seems to be the culprit, as I had just received the AT&T update. It's unfortunate, but BlackBerry and AT&T are sending a new phone. I know a few others have had an issue since the update. When it's released, try to wait and check the results first. The new hardened kernel apparently also hardened my rotation sensor. An excellent example why I'm fine waiting for a bit of testing with Marshmallow. Anyone else have a similar experience? BlackBerry stated they had not seen it before, although there was an old thread about screen rotation. That seemed to be fixed by a reboot. The update issue was not.

Enjoying the Priv
    Last edited by Berrywalker; 03-24-16 at 07:26 PM.
    03-24-16 07:11 PM
    I installed the Priv update (T-Mobile Priv update pushed through a couple of days ago) and have not had any issues. My rotation remained fully functional and the update ran smoothly. Not at all similar to the experience you've detailed here...

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 07:21 PM
    It's a sad day. I've only owned blackberries for the last 16 years. The Priv has been the best! I've actually begun to post here on cb. In the past, I only came for help. This is the first device I've ever had to warranty through BlackBerry. The customer service was excellent, although lengthy as I purchased my phone through AT&T. The BlackBerry rep, Joey stayed on the line the entire time and insisted the AT&T rep give me the best option available. My phone stopped rotating today. Reboot, hard reset, factory reset. Nothing would correct it. I use this feature quite a bit, but would bot pay for insurance to replace it for the loss. The March update seems to be the culprit, as I had just received the AT&T update. It's unfortunate, but BlackBerry and AT&T are sending a new phone. I know a few others have had an issue since the update. When it's released, try to wait and check the results first. The new hardened kernel apparently also hardened my rotation sensor. An excellent example why I'm fine waiting for a bit of testing with Marshmallow. Anyone else have a similar experience? BlackBerry stated they had not seen it before, although there was an old thread about screen rotation. That seemed to be fixed by a reboot. The update issue was not.

Enjoying the Priv
    Question...

If it stopped rotating because of the software upgrade, couldn't you just use an autoloader?... especially if you said that the software was a bit buggy to begin with.

Might have been much easier and worked out for ya :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-24-16 07:24 PM
    I installed the Priv update (T-Mobile Priv update pushed through a couple of days ago) and have not had any issues. My rotation remained fully functional and the update ran smoothly. Not at all similar to the experience you've detailed here...

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully that's true with most everyone. I'm not angry, and AT&T offered to rush a new one for $15, but frankly it isn't that big of an issue. I can live with it for a few days until the new Priv arrives.

Enjoying the Priv
    03-24-16 07:25 PM
    Question...

If it stopped rotating because of the software upgrade, couldn't you just use an autoloader?... especially if you said that the software was a bit buggy to begin with.

Might have been much easier and worked out for ya :-)

I did a factory reset. Wouldn't that accomplish the same goal?

Enjoying the Priv
    03-24-16 07:27 PM

Enjoying the Priv
    No... a factory reset simply clears data from the device and restores the settings to their defaults while returning the phone to its' native state. The autoloader will completely wipe the device, remove all lingering software and reinstall the OS of choice anew... Far more abrasive than the factory restore...

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 07:30 PM
    No... a factory reset simply clears data from the device and restores the settings to their defaults while returning the phone to its' native state. The autoloader will completely wipe the device, remove all lingering software and reinstall the OS of choice anew... Far more abrasive than the factory restore...

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the Priv will allow you to install the "OS of choice" it may be far more abrasive and may have resolved my issue. Or, it may have just been another step in a 3 hour process.

Enjoying the Priv
    03-24-16 07:32 PM
    I don't think the Priv will allow you to install the "OS of choice" it may be far more abrasive and may have resolved my issue. Or, it may have just been another step in a 3 hour process.

Enjoying the Priv
    OS of choice meaning the OS specific to a carrier locked device/shopbb device... (Clearly phrased it incorrectly and obviously I have been groomed to the BB10/BBOS process. Freudian Slip/parapraxis...? ) ATT users have their own autoloader, T-Mobile, Verizon and everyone else... It will most likely fix the issue and not be a 3hour waste of time... Up to you though, if you don't feel comfortable attempting it and would rather wait to replace the unit that's cool too...

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 07:37 PM

Enjoying the Priv
    Not at all. It's also really simple. I read the other posts and "abrasive" may not be the correct terminology.

Just choose the AT&T autoloader and bam you start fresh and can even completely skip the March update if you wanted.

Will likely fix your issue as well as any other software bugs that you may have had and is pretty simple.

Obviously nobody at AT&T or BlackBerry will tell you to try this, but it will fix your problem without having to send in and get a new/refurb/who knows device.

CivilDissident likes this.
    03-24-16 08:01 PM