Hey I'm curious if anyone has gone into their App settings and manually turned off notifications for unused apps? When you uncheck the box you get the warning popup that the App may misbehave so I wanted to confirm if it's okay to do that. And for clarification, I'm not talking about vibrate/led etc, I'm talking about going into settings -> Apps and then manually going into each one. Thanks in advance!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-19-15 11:38 PM
    Hey I'm curious if anyone has gone into their App settings and manually turned off notifications for unused apps? When you uncheck the box you get the warning popup that the App may misbehave so I wanted to confirm if it's okay to do that. And for clarification, I'm not talking about vibrate/led etc, I'm talking about going into settings -> Apps and then manually going into each one. Thanks in advance!

Yeah that just warns you you wont get the notifications through. You're fine to switch them off. I dont know of a singe app that needs those notifications to function.
    Should save your battery a bit too
    11-19-15 11:42 PM
    Yeah that just warns you you wont get the notifications through. You're fine to switch them off. I dont know of a singe app that needs those notifications to function.
    Should save your battery a bit too
    Great, thanks! Do you also know if it's okay to disable some of these that I won't use? For some reason I've got Google Inputs for Chinese, Japanese and one other one. I'm in Canada so I don't see the point of having those on here.

11-19-15 11:49 PM
    Great, thanks! Do you also know if it's okay to disable some of these that I won't use? For some reason I've got Google Inputs for Chinese, Japanese and one other one. I'm in Canada so I don't see the point of having those on here.

yes it's fine, I disabled a lot of google apps
    I have been doing this for a long time with other android phones (note 1,3,4) with different apps/rooting but very easy now with lollipop to disable any app
    11-19-15 11:54 PM
    yes it's fine, I disabled a lot of google apps
    I have been doing this for a long time with other android phones (note 1,3,4) with different apps/rooting but very easy now with lollipop to disable any app
    Thanks again man! Really appreciate it

11-19-15 11:58 PM