I went up the line from a K1 to a Motion to a K2. They’re all great phones. Now I carry the K2 for it’s flexibility for maps, transit apps, WhatsApp etc, but I also still take my Priv with me as well. My main reason is the camera. I know people say they use a real camera for pictures. I have several “real” cameras, including a DSLR. Most of the time I don’t have them with me. The Priv, with it’s 18Meg sensor and most especially it’s Schneider-Kreuznach lens, is always in my shirt pocket.

I took it, along with my Sony x100, with me on a vacation a couple of years ago. After the first day I compared the pictures and didn’t take the Sony out again for the entire trip. Btw I use the “A Better Camera Unlocked” app along with the “A Better Editor” app as well. They allow full manual adjustments of the camera and images if necessary.

I’m going on a cruise in June. I’ve been debating whether or not to take my DSLR with lenses in a backpack and take slightly better (maybe) pictures of places filled with tourists, or just have my Priv in my pocket with a spare power source and micro SIM card to take pictures. I’m pretty sure I won’t be one of those people with a camera slung around their necks all the time on the ship. Also, with the Priv along I can get a travel sim, surf the web and have a spare phone as well. 🤔
    04-19-19 08:54 AM
    Me too! I still bring mine out from time to time. With wifi, it is able to do everything it was before, minus the phone calls. I removed a lot of apps I never use and the now the phone rarely gets hot. If a PRIV 2 was ever made, I would buy it in a second. I really miss having the pkb and vkb options.
    04-20-19 11:47 AM
    Looks like I am not the only one that missed the PRIV. I love the slide keyboard and I can scroll by swiping on the keyboard. It is now sitting next to my BB Playbook. I love the Playbook too. I was able to sync that with my work BB from Work. Able to access my work mail while travelling without using my laptop. When BB changed to Android and I retired, the Playbook became a doorstop.
    04-21-19 05:13 AM
    Looks like I am not the only one that missed the PRIV. I love the slide keyboard and I can scroll by swiping on the keyboard. It is now sitting next to my BB Playbook. I love the Playbook too. I was able to sync that with my work BB from Work. Able to access my work mail while travelling without using my laptop. When BB changed to Android and I retired, the Playbook became a doorstop.
    You’re not the only person that misses PRIV, however, the closest you’ll probably ever see will be the Key series. Congratulations on retiring though..
    04-21-19 06:51 PM
    sadly there are quite a few threads here discussing whether KEYᵒⁿᵉ is EOL... it appears Key2 is for you...
    04-24-19 04:10 PM
    I'm honestly contemplating ditching the iPhone 8+ that work gave me and just switching back to my Priv. There is no work related reason I need to use an iPhone for my job and it was arbitrarily decided that all team members needed an iPhone. This was even after I used my Priv for 3 weeks into the job and had no issues with communicating remotely.
    05-11-19 05:21 PM
    I'm honestly contemplating ditching the iPhone 8+ that work gave me and just switching back to my Priv. There is no work related reason I need to use an iPhone for my job and it was arbitrarily decided that all team members needed an iPhone. This was even after I used my Priv for 3 weeks into the job and had no issues with communicating remotely.
    Will your company’s MDM or UEM solution allow Marshmallow level?
    05-11-19 07:04 PM
    Will your company’s MDM or UEM solution allow Marshmallow level?
    Yup, they still support BlackBerry 10 devices believe it or not. So I know I'll be good for email and any other enterprise deployed apps.
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    05-11-19 07:21 PM
    I couldn't imagine downgrading to an iPhone either.
    Carmels likes this.
    05-11-19 08:58 PM
    Yup, they still support BlackBerry 10 devices believe it or not. So I know I'll be good for email and any other enterprise deployed apps.
    While I can't speak to battery life of the iPhone 8 and Plus, I have an XR and the battery life is biggest selling point for me. It keeps up to my KEYone BE as I dual carry. My PRIV wasn't really mobile regarding battery life. I actually needed a battery pack which really caused issues as I dual carry.

Good luck on the future with the PRIV and skip the DTEK if you already didn't know..
    05-12-19 08:35 AM
35 12