Long story long. Haven't been in the forums or using my Priv since my employer updated my phone to an iPhone 8 plus back in May 2018. The Priv has been dormant in its box since. But I've taken it out recently and gave it a fresh wipe as I'll be needing a personal device for an upcoming family trip. I have to say, this phone is still one of my favourite phones I've ever owned.

It's even better after disabling the hub and making some of the known suggested modifications i.e. lowering screen res and changing animation settings etc. With a clean wipe, modifications and only loading the apps needed, performance and battery life over the last few days has been solid.

Going to love using this thing during my vacation and glad to have it back in action!
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    02-18-19 08:23 PM
    The Priv is a great looking phone. I always loved having the two keyboards to choose from. I also did a complete wipe and reset a while ago before moving on to another phone and it made a difference in speed, especially with Google Maps. Enjoy your ressurected Priv. Let us know how it goes using it on the trip.
    Gigolo69 and Blackberrydz like this.
    02-18-19 09:11 PM
    I am still using my PRIV and it's doing well. I'm hopeful that BlackBerry will release a PRIV2 one day.
    TLSTWIN and Blackberrydz like this.
    02-18-19 09:34 PM
    The Priv is a great looking phone. I always loved having the two keyboards to choose from. I also did a complete wipe and reset a while ago before moving on to another phone and it made a difference in speed, especially with Google Maps. Enjoy your ressurected Priv. Let us know how it goes using it on the trip.
    This thing is cool as a cucumber since wiping it and removing the HUB. Looking forward to taking a break from that god awful iPhone I now have to use for work.

But I'll definitely chime back in and let you guys know how it performed over my vacation.
    gebco likes this.
    02-19-19 09:26 PM
    I too really loved my PRIV
    Blackberrydz likes this.
    02-19-19 10:29 PM
    I am still using my PRIV and it's doing well. I'm hopeful that BlackBerry will release a PRIV2 one day.
    I'm still on it too but there's moments where it's just laggy and slow but I can't walk away from the design. This phone was almost perfect. If there would have been a sequel it might have just been perfect in every department.

This link here keeps the dream alive lol

https://www.ibtimes.com/blackberry-p...-setup-2654759
    02-20-19 04:28 AM
    I moved on from my PRIV to a KEY2 in October after a couple of weeks shy of 3 years of use. I still use it occasionally on WiFi to send emails and browse the Internet.

I agree, it is a fantastic device and my 3 years spent using it daily were awesome. Unfortunately it was getting long in the tooth and it was lagging too much to continue with it.

I do love my KEY2 but I would seriously consider a PRIV2 if it ever appeared on the scene... 👍

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 02-20-19 at 04:00 PM.
    02-20-19 03:48 PM
    If there was a way to cram a KEYone's/LE's SoC into the Priv, I'd consider using one again.

Technically, is there ANY chance of such a thing being possible ?
    Blackberrydz likes this.
    02-21-19 09:57 AM
    I moved on from my PRIV to a KEY2 in October after a couple of weeks shy of 3 years of use. I still use it occasionally on WiFi to send emails and browse the Internet.

I agree, it is a fantastic device and my 3 years spent using it daily were awesome. Unfortunately it was getting long in the tooth and it was lagging too much to continue with it.

I do love my KEY2 but I would seriously consider a PRIV2 if it ever appeared on the scene... ������

Bob
    I did the same move about a month ago due to the PRIV battery getting flaky.
    I was a bit worried, as I'm a big fan of the slider form factor.

Wow. My Key2 came with SIX Gig of main memory and just FLIES compared to my PRIV.

It's also thinner and lighter - part of that because I had a bulky case on the PRIV because I kept wrecking belt holsters.

I think I'm a Key2 person now for the long haul.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-21-19 03:08 PM
    It's also thinner and lighter - part of that because I had a bulky case on the PRIV because I kept wrecking belt holsters.
    Well, also because the KEY2 is 24g lighter than the Priv lol
    02-21-19 04:05 PM
    Well folks, looks like the Priv won't be getting one last tour after all. My work approved my request to bring my daily device (iPhone 8+) on my vacation, so as to not incur personal cost in activating a second device.

I'm completely greatful for the approval but that also means the recent new lease on life for this Priv will be short lived, as it gets delegated back to a backup device. Nevertheless, it feels like a new phone after the wipe and tweaks. Been great to use it even if it's just on WiFi and posting here.
    02-21-19 06:03 PM
    I did the same move about a month ago due to the PRIV battery getting flaky.
    I was a bit worried, as I'm a big fan of the slider form factor.

Wow. My Key2 came with SIX Gig of main memory and just FLIES compared to my PRIV.

I think I'm a Key2 person now for the long haul.
    I hear ya. I just upgraded my wife Priv after 2 years as it was starting to show its age. Upgraded to a Sammy s9+ which is an absolute beast of a phone and she loves it.

I thought about upgrading her to the Key2 but then I had to keep in mind what she'd be primarily using it for....camera and basically consuming massive amounts of content. So went for the specs and one of if not the best screen for viewing on the market as well as a much better camera setup.
    02-21-19 06:22 PM
    I hear ya. I just upgraded my wife Priv after 2 years as it was starting to show its age. Upgraded to a Sammy s9+ which is an absolute beast of a phone and she loves it.

I thought about upgrading her to the Key2 but then I had to keep in mind what she'd be primarily using it for....camera and basically consuming massive amounts of content. So went for the specs and one of if not the best screen for viewing on the market as well as a much better camera setup.
    I'm afraid that I'm one of those old-fashioned folks who, if he wants good pictures, will drag an actual real camera along.

Granted, I've seen a lot of really fine pictures taken with a phone.
    02-22-19 11:19 AM
    I'm afraid that I'm one of those old-fashioned folks who, if he wants good pictures, will drag an actual real camera along.

Granted, I've seen a lot of really fine pictures taken with a phone.
    Me as well... I don't buy a smartphone for the camera although a tremendous number of people do.

If I want a high quality picture I use my digital camera. That's what they make them for... and still do!!!

Bob
    glwerry and Blackberrydz like this.
    02-22-19 05:27 PM
    I agree, however. . . .
    Now that I have a phone with a best in class phone camera, I have come to appreciate the fact that I can get great pics at any time. It certainly doesn't replace my DSLR, but when I replace this phone you can bet that the camera will be among my considerations.

Me as well... I don't buy a smartphone for the camera although a tremendous number of people do.

If I want a high quality picture I use my digital camera. That's what they make them for... and still do!!!

Bob
    Blackberrydz likes this.
    02-22-19 09:43 PM
    hello everyone. I have owned the priv three times. just got another like new one recently. miss and love this thing but don't miss the heat. btw how was yalls battery on this thing??
    Blackberrydz likes this.
    02-24-19 10:01 AM
    02-24-19 10:01 AM
    hello everyone. I have owned the priv three times. just got another like new one recently. miss and love this thing but don't miss the heat. btw how was yalls battery on this thing??
    I had reasonable battery life, but I had to do all of the standard tweaks.
    I am perhaps not a typical user, as I use my phone mostly for texting and emailing.
    02-25-19 03:37 PM
    I take mine out once in awhile just to pet
    02-25-19 04:53 PM
    I loved my Priv, but I don't miss it. I have the Nokia 7.1 and it has been great. If I had to use an iPhone though, I would miss the Priv terribly. I hate the way the iPhone handles attachments for email. It renders the iPhone useless for me.

The Priv was great, and I just stopped using it last month. Had they made a replacement for it, I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but the Key2 isn't a replacement for the Priv/ I love a PKB, but I also need the screen now. The Priv was perfect.
    02-25-19 06:52 PM
    I loved my Priv, but I don't miss it. I have the Nokia 7.1 and it has been great. If I had to use an iPhone though, I would miss the Priv terribly. I hate the way the iPhone handles attachments for email. It renders the iPhone useless for me.

The Priv was great, and I just stopped using it last month. Had they made a replacement for it, I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but the Key2 isn't a replacement for the Priv/ I love a PKB, but I also need the screen now. The Priv was perfect.
    What is pkb?? Lol

Yea since the update, my priv hasn't lagged or gotten hot and battery seems good. Granted this is a hand me down
    02-25-19 06:57 PM
    What is pkb?? Lol

Yea since the update, my priv hasn't lagged or gotten hot and battery seems good. Granted this is a hand me down
    Mine was wonderful. I had it optimized so I never really had issues with heat or battery. I replaced the batter though last November when it began getting bad. I generally got all day out of it, but only 3 1/2 hours of screen time. I had no complaints though. Loved the Priv.

The Noki 7.1 is much faster though, and the battery gives me 6 1/2+ hours of screen time. It of course is about three years newer. I miss typing on a physical keyboard, but that's all.
    02-25-19 07:01 PM
    What is pkb?? Lol

Physical Keyboard
    02-25-19 07:07 PM
    I let a mall fix it place try to replace my battery and charger port on my Priv. They screwed it up and killed it. They said they would replace with same kind of phone so I am assuming it will be a refurbished one. It went three years without any issues at all then suddenly wasn't charging right or holding a charge. I loved my PRIV. I am miserable that BlackBerry will no longer be making phones. I HATE touchscreens.
    04-17-19 02:56 AM
    there is no available slider sadly... the ONLY portrait oriented smartphone now is BlackBerry Mobile made by TCL. they sell KEYᵒⁿᵉ I am using. it suffers from none of the heating or lagging of the Priv. they also sell the Key2 series with more RAM, faster processor, some minor improvements of the keyboard. the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is now eligible for Oreo and works fine. the Key2 series are said to get Android P... Android versions Q and R are existing, but no Key series phones to date will be eligible. if I were you, I would sell the Priv or keep it as a backup phone as I have. buy a KEYᵒⁿᵉ at good discounts. if you have more to spend, choose one of the Key2 series, one being more empowered than the other.
    04-18-19 12:35 PM
35 12