So you guys fellow CrackBerrians in Malaysia who will be getting the BlackBerry Priv please post here! Join the fun
    10-27-15 08:22 AM
    Company where I work with is using Celcom and our current corporate plan has expired. Celcom is offering us new plan so I would be getting an iPhone 6 128GB (priced at RM2.4k + 6% tax by Celcom) which I would then sell it for more than that but still below market price. Would use that money to buy Priv afterwards. And I already got a buyer for the iPhone.

Had asked our corporate rep regarding Priv availability but still has no answer. Quite worried though as even Passport Silver Edition has yet to arrive here in Malaysia.
    10-27-15 09:45 AM
    wait n see...hanging with my Z30 at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 09:47 AM
    Company where I work with is using Celcom and our current corporate plan has expired. Celcom is offering us new plan so I would be getting an iPhone 6 128GB (priced at RM2.4k + 6% tax by Celcom) which I would then sell it for more than that but still below market price. Would use that money to buy Priv afterwards. And I already got a buyer for the iPhone.

Had asked our corporate rep regarding Priv availability but still has no answer. Quite worried though as even Passport Silver Edition has yet to arrive here in Malaysia.
    Hi Zaid add me on BBM pin:2BF6740D
    10-27-15 09:50 AM
    I plan to get at least 3. Still figuring out the best & most cost-effective way of importing them. So far, the best I can come up with is ordering via CrackBerry Canada. There are some good Priv bundles/offers too. There are downsides though, the first being that they can only ship around 30th November... and the second, being the SIRIM & GST stuff obviously.

So, I've yet to pull the trigger. Also, guys like Directd are usually quite quick importing new phones in.

Trying my best to figure it all out.
    10-27-15 11:36 AM
    I plan to get at least 3. Still figuring out the best & most cost-effective way of importing them. So far, the best I can come up with is ordering via CrackBerry Canada. There are some good Priv bundles/offers too. There are downsides though, the first being that they can only ship around 30th November... and the second, being the SIRIM & GST stuff obviously.

So, I've yet to pull the trigger. Also, guys like Directd are usually quite quick importing new phones in.

Trying my best to figure it all out.
    Well bbugmy will sell priv, but not sure bout the date. I will update here when I got firm date
    10-27-15 11:43 AM
    Well bbugmy will sell priv, but not sure bout the date. I will update here when I got firm date
    Cool! Appreciate it.
    10-27-15 11:51 AM
    Now I'm worried about the shipment, anyone has experienced import phone from US to Malaysia? Will be taxable? GST?
    What is the best courier to shipping here? Thanks
    10-27-15 12:12 PM
    Now I'm worried about the shipment, anyone has experienced import phone from US to Malaysia? Will be taxable? GST?
    What is the best courier to shipping here? Thanks
    Just to share what I found out already. It would be nearly impossible to escape the requirement for an e-permit from SIRIM which will cost approx. RM106 (valid for up to 3 phones, per shipment). Also, GST will have to be paid on the Invoice Value + courier charges.

Say, one were to order from CrackBerry Canada... the price is CAD899.99 plus shipping CAD93.95, totalling CAD993.94. This is approximately RM3,212.15. Add the SIRIM e-permit of RM106 and GST (6% of RM3,212.15) of RM192.73. The total sum would be... RM3,510.88 (in USD this would be approx USD820).

Buying and shipping 3 units would bring the cost per unit down naturally, on account of the SIRIM e-permit (valid for 3 units, per shipment) and lower per unit cost of shipping. GST is GST.
    10-27-15 12:41 PM
    Just to share what I found out already. It would be nearly impossible to escape the requirement for an e-permit from SIRIM which will cost approx. RM106 (valid for up to 3 phones, per shipment). Also, GST will have to be paid on the Invoice Value + courier charges.

Say, one were to order from CrackBerry Canada... the price is CAD899.99 plus shipping CAD93.95, totalling CAD993.94. This is approximately RM3,212.15. Add the SIRIM e-permit of RM106 and GST (6% of RM3,212.15) of RM192.73. The total sum would be... RM3,510.88.

Buying and shipping 3 units would bring the cost per unit down naturally, on account of the SIRIM e-permit (valid for 3 units, per shipment) and lower per unit cost of shipping. GST is GST.
    Yeah after reading your post, I googling about the sirim things well it's bloody expensive lol. If courier help you to handle the sirim it would cost you RM 300
    10-27-15 12:45 PM
    Yeah after reading your post, I googling about the sirim things well it's bloody expensive lol. If courier help you to handle the sirim it would cost you RM 300
    Need to find someone in Canada who is flying back to Malaysia and willing to coolly walk past customs! Hehe
    10-27-15 12:47 PM
    Need to find someone in Canada who is flying back to Malaysia and willing to coolly walk past customs! Hehe
    Haha! I buy from US, is there any US fellow want to go to Malaysia or Singapore on November? Please let me know
    10-27-15 12:52 PM
    Dont worry, brightstar will bringing in the priv. Moat probably end November.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 01:02 PM
    Dont worry, brightstar will bringing in the priv. Moat probably end November.

Posted via CB10
    Any insight capt? Because my source told me the earliest is January for us
    10-27-15 01:04 PM
    Bloody cool RM3.5k. Exchange rate does not smile on us. Hopefully local pricing would be lower than that
    10-27-15 08:09 PM
    Bloody cool RM3.5k. Exchange rate does not smile on us. Hopefully local pricing would be lower than that
    Just an update finally found the cheapest way, send it to Singapore my friend will taking care the shipping and I will go to Singapore take it since I'm in johor only one hour away! Quite a relief for me hehe
    syah iejam likes this.
    10-28-15 03:23 AM
    Just an update finally found the cheapest way, send it to Singapore my friend will taking care the shipping and I will go to Singapore take it since I'm in johor only one hour away! Quite a relief for me hehe
    How is that cheaper? Importing it into Singapore using Vpost for example will incur Singapore GST... which is 7%!
    10-28-15 03:49 AM
    If and when it launches officially in Malaysia, I think the RRP will be RM3,199 including GST. My assumption is based on converted US launch price of USD699 and adding 6% GST. So, paying a premium of approx RM300 by going the direct route and getting it early.

We feel the burn on two counts... GST, as previously mobile phones were duty exempt, and of course good ol' currency depreciation.
    10-28-15 03:57 AM
    Hey guys good news! Sirim approval!
    Malaysian - BlackBerry Priv waiting room-blackberry-priv-sirim-600x326.jpg
    10-28-15 04:24 AM
    So we will get the -3 version but the sad part is still my digi lte coverage still not so good...
    10-28-15 04:38 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-priv-sirim-600x326.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	377776
    Wow! Great news indeed. I guess I'll wait for Brightstar set!!! Woohooo!!!
    10-28-15 04:45 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-priv-sirim-600x326.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	377776
    Should make ready my wallet then. Maggi mee here I come
    Uzi likes this.
    10-28-15 05:19 AM
    And another good news for me is I just received Bbm that my friend will go to us on November so he will hand carry the Priv for me!
    10-28-15 05:23 AM
    Weird how this phone can be tracked to the last kilometer if you ever lose it but we can't even locate a Boeing 447 that went missing 18 months ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:27 AM
    So we will get the -3 version but the sad part is still my digi lte coverage still not so good...
    Have you ever thought of changing telco? Maybe Celcom First Basic package perhaps. You can just MNP and retain the phone number
    achsfx likes this.
    10-28-15 05:58 AM
69 123