because i dont want the keyboard to slide out by accident. If it does, i could end up accidentally dropping the phone
    Which is exactly why the OP is suggesting waiting it out so that we can get a hands on feel for it instead of dumping BlackBerry immediately . If you cant wait and you just have to have the best specs freaking leave....don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 04:34 PM
    Which is exactly why the OP is suggesting waiting it out so that we can get a hands on feel for it instead of dumping BlackBerry immediately . If you cant wait and you just have to have the best specs freaking leave....don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly like blackberry can't please everyone and how can you judge something you haven't held in your hand and have a feel for yourself....People acted the same way with the passport and they are the same ones who bought one and absolutely love it. If you try it and don't like it then leave that's fine no problem but making judgement before using something is just weird to me lol.

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    03-08-15 04:38 PM
    Although, for me, I'd be "settling" even more if I had to change to Apple or Android. But I get what you're saying.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    for some you are correct i agree that another OS will be consider settling. People will have to "adapt" to whatever solution they decide lol
    03-08-15 04:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's kind of a rude reply. No need to attack me.

I know I can wait for a hands on but that doesn't mean there won't be problems with say 1 in 1000 devices. That means if I'm the 1000th person to buy the device, I might have this problem.

And there's nothing wrong with them adding a lock imo. It'd be so simple

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 04:41 PM
    I loved the Torch 9810. I used it until I simply could not stand it anymore (Freezing, etc). I can't wait for a portrait slider - keyboard for long emails, and BlackBerry keyboard for quick replies to messages etc.

Also, if you have not had one, they are super fun. I loved sliding the screen up and down.

As far as BlackBerry getting back into the mainstream, that will only happen when they support all of the games that the masses want to play when they have have those moments to kill. I was on the NYC subway the other day during rush hour, EVERY iphone owner was playing a game. No one was even reading articles, etc.

So, that is probably the urge to get an Android version out there. Support for games, but the goodness of the hub, etc. Consumers don't care about security. They say they do when you ask, but they really don't.

I do think that BlackBerry has to think about the high end exec who needs a premium device. I get the Leap for the masses. But, there still needs to be a flagship with respectable specs. I hope the slider is it.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    03-08-15 05:03 PM
    Do you not realize the problem with the Q5 or Q10 classic and Passport?? They have all a 1:1 ratio not everybody wants that aspect ratio and it's for a unique niche of people however the slider is a 16:9 device.

No offense to the passport...as a business device amazing but as a multimedia device or gaming device because of the ratio a lot of people won't like it...even reviewers said the same thing and since most of the phone out there let's say 99 percent of device of users are 16:9, a 1:1 ratio blackberry won't "take off" and grab them by the masses.

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    I realize quite well they're uniquely BlackBerry. Don't get lost in a sea of slabs at all. I don't have a problem with them making another slider. Always had wished they'd make one I'd like, when I was dedicated to the PKB. It's not my fault BlackBerry came out with an incredible VKB, and changed me for good.

If they can profit on low volume hardware, they can do it just as well with a full touch. I'm confident if they made a Z50 it would out-sell all the current PKB if made right. Passport specs at its release would have been fine, baring the goofy format.
    pttptppt and kbz1960 like this.
    03-11-15 11:36 PM
    If unique formats had been attracting any meaningful numbers from other platforms, then market share through the Q10/5, Classic and Passport would be climbing, not falling. It's great to be optimistic, but add a dose of reality to it for good measure.
    Likewise if there was any real demand for a BlackBerry full touch then the Z30 would have sold a lot better.

Honestly I bet the Passport has sold better than a Z50 would have if it had been released instead.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 12:14 AM
    I have a Z10 and I'm very intrigued by this slider. I had my doubts about it initially but I think BlackBerry did the right decision here as the OP said, a full touch will get lost in all those full touch phones and won't differentiate itself from the rest. At least now this will be different, a best of both worlds scenario. Full touch and slide out keyboard for those that want to use it. This phone will get some Android users over to BlackBerry for sure. I for one, am waiting patiently for tbis Flagship device, can't wait ! They need to release this 3 months before Christmas of this year.

Posted via CB10
    Why not name it Zzzzzlider or Zlyder and be done with it...?

Leaves no doubt about what it can do or replace... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-12-15 02:03 AM
    Likewise if there was any real demand for a BlackBerry full touch then the Z30 would have sold a lot better.

Honestly I bet the Passport has sold better than a Z50 would have if it had been released instead.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 06:29 AM
    I realize quite well they're uniquely BlackBerry. Don't get lost in a sea of slabs at all. I don't have a problem with them making another slider. Always had wished they'd make one I'd like, when I was dedicated to the PKB. It's not my fault BlackBerry came out with an incredible VKB, and changed me for good.

If they can profit on low volume hardware, they can do it just as well with a full touch. I'm confident if they made a Z50 it would out-sell all the current PKB if made right. Passport specs at its release would have been fine, baring the goofy format.
    Agreed 101%

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-12-15 06:53 AM
    It is not an accurate data though...

From what I understood, if you don't download the app "stuff I need" it won't be in the data.

But I'm not surprised Z10 and Q10 are so high

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267
    03-12-15 07:19 AM
    It is not an accurate data though...

From what I understood, if you don't download the app "stuff I need" it won't be in the data.

But I'm not surprised Z10 and Q10 are so high

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267
    Shouod be sales data, not app data. Point is, the VKB are the overwhelming favorite.
    03-12-15 03:58 PM
    The slider part, whether i would use it or not, is just added components with no need for us "die hard touchscreen fanboys" in my opinion. It limits the case selection and I have never like the slider idea because it adds more points of failure IMO. Give me more battery if you make the device thicker. At least that is something I find valuable. Some people like sliders and for them this phone is for them, some people like just a full touch screen and wont by a slider just to use in all touch mode. They will find their all touch elsewhere. I am in camp 2 as i have no reason to settle for a device that doesnt fit my needs. Especially when paying $650 for it.
    I agree with all of these points. I'm not nuts about that form-factor, either, and if you looked at my comment history you would find many, many arguments about the added weight and complexity. I've actually taken apart a Torch and it's a nightmare.

BUT, I'll also say that the slider we saw briefly at the MWC presentation definitely looked pretty slim and trim, and sliders definitely have their following. Maybe this isn't such a horrible idea.
    03-12-15 04:29 PM
    Shouod be sales data, not app data. Point is, the VKB are the overwhelming favorite.
    They aren't actually the "overwhelming" favorite. The Z30 and the Z10 combined only come to about 57%, so there's clearly still a strong preference for keyboard phones among BlackBerry users.

In fact, I can imagine the decision to produce a slider came from the desire to hit both of those user groups.
    03-12-15 04:36 PM
    I agree with all of these points. I'm not nuts about that form-factor, either, and if you looked at my comment history you would find many, many arguments about the added weight and complexity. I've actually taken apart a Torch and it's a nightmare.

BUT, I'll also say that the slider we saw briefly at the MWC presentation definitely looked pretty slim and trim, and sliders definitely have their following. Maybe this isn't such a horrible idea.
    Its certainly thinner than the torch and you are right its not adding much thickness but its gotta to be an extra 2-3 MM unless they dont have a huge battery to accommodate the keyboard sliding underneath. There is still alot we dont know about the device but several indicators point to the it not being the phone for me.
    03-12-15 05:20 PM
    I'm predicting a lot of people with failing slider mechanisms and wiggle when either fully extended or collapsed. Far more people than the passport owners with lifting screens.

Hope I can recall this comment when the day comes.

Oh, and I'm also expecting the usual pack saying "does it affect the functionality of the device?", "it's no big deal, all manufacturers have errors", "you got ocd or something?", "I can't believe threads like this, just get over it", "you're being paid to bash bb".
    03-12-15 05:29 PM
    I'm predicting a lot of people with failing slider mechanisms and wiggle when either fully extended or collapsed. Far more people than the passport owners with lifting screens.

Oh, and I'm also expecting the usual pack saying "does it affect the functionality of the device?", "it's no big deal, all manufacturers have errors", "you got ocd or something?", "I can't believe threads like this, just get over it", "you're being paid to bash bb".
    I agree with second half, first half like you said remains to be seen. For now though we have to deal with the constant commenting how the lack of a new all touch is going to sink BlackBerry and that they're alienating everyone.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 05:34 PM

I fear the same

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 05:51 PM
    I am also waiting for a full touch and if there is no rumor for one coming out as you said in a year or so, then I will switch to iphone until the new full touch is announced.

But...If there is a lock button on the keyboard so that it doesnt slide out when you dont want it to, then ill buy the slider and just leave the lock on forever
    In what way is the iPhone 6 better than a Z30 exactly ? Assuming that's the phone you have since you mention waiting for all touch...
    03-12-15 07:56 PM
    In what way is the iPhone 6 better than a Z30 exactly ? Assuming that's the phone you have since you mention waiting for all touch...
    better screen, camera, ecosystem for starters...
    eyesopen1111 and kbz1960 like this.
    03-12-15 08:14 PM
    better screen, camera, ecosystem for starters...
    Let's not forget about the fingerprint scanner, which will be considered a gimmick here until BlackBerry has one.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-12-15 08:18 PM
    03-12-15 10:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 was released with absolutely No Marketing and No Advertisements. Nobody knew it existed. How can anybody measure a devices success with Zero Effort? You cannot. The Previous Management did a disservice to the Z brand of devices.
    The Z10, Q10 and Z30 should have all been released on the exact BB10 launch date. QWERTY and 2 full touch to allow people choice. And price them appropriately, based on 2012 hardware specs. These devices should have been at least $250 cheaper at launch.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-12-15 10:41 PM
    My boring booty will eventually purchase someone else's boring full touch, if in the next year or so BlackBerry doesn't release one. I bet I'm not alone in this boring decision.

Interesting formats are great, I'm all for them, but they don't move in significant numbers.
    No, you're definitely not alone. But, I'm in no hurry since I have another Z30 on the way.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-12-15 11:06 PM
    They aren't actually the "overwhelming" favorite. The Z30 and the Z10 combined only come to about 57%, so there's clearly still a strong preference for keyboard phones among BlackBerry users.

In fact, I can imagine the decision to produce a slider came from the desire to hit both of those user groups.
    How does 43% become a strong preference?
    pttptppt likes this.
    03-15-15 03:06 AM
78 1234