So DTEK is going to be on the BlackBerry devices running Android. The full scope of its capabilities are not clear yet, but would BlackBerry consider making this app (or a stripped down version) available on Google Play so users of non-BlackBerry Android devices can "audit" the privacy of their device?

I think it could be something like that speedtest app that lets you check your connection speed... it doesn't do much for you but does let you gauge the speed of your connection and make an informed decision about changing carriers or figuring out why your connection speed may be slow... likewise, a "DTEK Reporter" app generally available from Google Play could be downloaded by the curious, and they would get information like "If you were running Android on a BlackBerry device, you wouldn't have xxx problem...".

Seems like if BlackBerry is going to hang their hat on "Privacy" on their Android implementation, making DTEK available in this manner would be an excellent promotional tool.

...that is, if it's not all smoke and mirrors in the first place....
    10-22-15 01:19 PM
    BlackBerry is focusing on software so it's probably likely.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 02:18 PM
    I think it would be a smart move for Blackberry to introduce some of its Android based applications to the Android app eco system.

I've tested an android phone and I yet have to find a decent Email client that comes anywhere close to as good as the BB Hub and the BB10 Virtual keyboard (layout and features).

Cheers
    10-22-15 07:29 PM