I do not care that that it doesn't consume much battery, but I find it pretty disturbing that there isn't an option to disable the bright blinking LED when the battery is low. Yeah sure, I can put a bandage over the LED or plug in the charger, but that's not the point. Since the battery life is not fantastic for me (it happens quite often that I come home after being on the road the whole day with approx. 15% battery left), I like to be able to do some last E-mails in my car at night before I'm home. But that LED distracts almost as as much as Heidi Klum walking by in a short dress.

This low light flashing LED already bothered me in the old days of OS 7. So I hoped it wouldn't be there any longer since they moved on to Android......Could it be that BB thinks that this is low light indicator is part of BlackBerry DNA (like screenshot sound or like the shutter sound when taking photos (OS 7))?

I wish BlackBerry will make the blinking low battery LED an option under settings > sound & notifications.

In the meantime, is there a trick or an app that let's you bypass this "helpful" feature?
    I can't help to think what the reason could be to have a non-stop reminder to start with?

From 15% to 1% still leaves a decent amount of time to use your phone for some basic stuff, but not with this annoying LED getting in your face (especially in low light situations).

It's always the smallest things that cause the most irritation in life.
    Last edited by WT44; 03-18-16 at 01:35 PM.
    1122334455667788 and MrEvets like this.
    03-17-16 01:30 PM
    Good point

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    03-17-16 01:53 PM
    Options are always preferable.
    03-17-16 03:03 PM
    Please I would love this option BlackBerry!
    03-22-16 08:26 AM
    it sucks on bb10 too

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 08:35 AM
    Yes! Dear Mr. Phone, I get that your battery is dying, but I can't plug you in right now so please just stop blinking at me.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and 1122334455667788 like this.
    03-22-16 08:50 AM
    Mind you its good to know your battery is getting low but only blink till i acknowledge the system alert that the battery is low then stop just like every other alert!
    FF22 and Esi_T like this.
    03-22-16 09:25 AM
    Is there a way to disable the loud and annoying Low Battery warning sound on Priv? I don't mind blinking red, but that "crash" type of low battery sound is very annoying.
    12-21-16 12:44 AM
    Is there a way to disable the loud and annoying Low Battery warning sound on Priv? I don't mind blinking red, but that "crash" type of low battery sound is very annoying.
    Not sure if this will do it:

Main Settings, Sound/Notifications, Other Sounds, Charging Sounds - On/Off???
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    12-21-16 08:56 AM
    You can't disable it. Pretty annoying. But don't expect, at this late in the game, for that option to get updated.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 09:01 AM
    You can't disable it. Pretty annoying. But don't expect, at this late in the game, for that option to get updated.

Posted via CB10
    Sure you can. Just set the phone to silent. Talking about the sound here.
    12-21-16 10:11 AM

Make it an option to disable the BLINKING LOW BATTERY LED?-nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 10:48 AM

Thanks! I had everything except charging sound disabled in that screen. I just disabled that too, let's hope this works.
    12-21-16 11:54 AM
    I thought it would be easier to just poke a few holes in the speaker go disable it completely. Since we are talking about sound......
    FF22 likes this.
    12-21-16 11:57 AM
    I thought it would be easier to just poke a few holes in the speaker go disable it completely. Since we are talking about sound......
    Sorry, I can't hear you... I have my hearing aids set on silent. Or so my wife tells me.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-21-16 03:00 PM

Seemed promising, but it didn't work. Now I'm left wondering what that setting actually does?
    12-21-16 08:14 PM
    Just to stop the "Who can blame BlackBerry for more things" game a little bit, this was always the same way in my 6 years of using Android phones. Even the ones that didn't use the LED for notifications used it to signal low battery and charging status. So, it's probably a default OS setting (changeable or not, I don't know) that BB didn't touch.

That said, I wouldn't mind if it was configurable, on the contrary; but I'm also not bothered by it.

Did you try LED control apps like Light Flow and Light Manager? I don't use them because I don't really have a need for them so I'm not sure if they have a setting for low battery, but it could be worth a shot.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-22-16 02:15 AM
    Just to stop the "Who can blame BlackBerry for more things" game a little bit, this was always the same way in my 6 years of using Android phones. Even the ones that didn't use the LED for notifications used it to signal low battery and charging status. So, it's probably a default OS setting (changeable or not, I don't know) that BB didn't touch.

It would be cool to find where the sound file is stored so we can replace it with a quieter "ding" sound or something.
    JPD217 likes this.
    12-22-16 10:32 PM
    Havent treated it yet but I think you might be able to change the blinking light from 15% to 1% using light flow.
    Attached Thumbnails Make it an option to disable the BLINKING LOW BATTERY LED?-80448.jpg  
    12-26-16 02:19 AM