Rofl
    jope28 likes this.
    11-26-15 07:52 AM
    I've never had it have any accidental unlock attempts from being in my pocket. Are you doing jumping jacks or something

Posted via CB10
    I've had all my BB10 devices try to unlock in my pocket when doing something like yardwork before, which is why they all had the swipe-to-wake turned off.

It's yet to happen on the Priv with the "double tap to wake", so thus far I've left that turned on.
    11-26-15 08:44 AM
    I've had all my BB10 devices try to unlock in my pocket when doing something like yardwork before, which is why they all had the swipe-to-wake turned off.

It's yet to happen on the Priv with the "double tap to wake", so thus far I've left that turned on.
    That explains it, my yard is a mess

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 08:55 AM
    Don't know if anyone mentioned this but it is common that people complain about sensitive picture passwords but in reality they aren't using it correctly!
    A common mistake is to put your finger on your selected number and drag it to your chosen spot. This is the wrong way to do it and often results in a failed unlock. (not to mention it defeats the whole security concept they are trying to achieve)
    Try this :
    Put your finger anywhere on the screen instead, you then can move the whole grid of numbers around the screen. Find your selected number on the screen that isn't covered by your finger and move the grid until that number lines up with the chosen spot. Remember if you have done it right both your chosen number and the selected spot shouldn't be hidden by your finger. You can make sure it lines up correctly this way.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    This!
    The problem is the tutorial. They are not very specific. I had this mistake before. The worst part, when they use the wrong method to set up the password, they will not know the correct exact location.

Posted via CB10
    ReSeanRussell likes this.
    11-26-15 12:03 PM
    Some people cant think strait in a critical situation or if they panic. They shouldn't use Picture Password.
    11-26-15 07:29 PM
    I too had an issue with the picture password on my Priv--decided to try it versus a standard PIN or password, set a picture password and the first time the phone locked I moved the number I had set to the right spot on the picture and I get a warning...OK no big deal, try it again and same thing! Ended up using all 10 attempts and the phone resets. No way was i was SO far off that i didn't get it close enough at least once

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 11:34 PM
    This isn't user error. I firmly believe the security of the picture password is too sensitive. I never had this problem on my z10. I only ever failed an attempt due to random finger swiping. I almost failed all ten times because the number was off 1/100th of a mm.

This is valid. The picture passwords on the priv needs to be spot on whereas BB10 was a little more lenient however the OP has to remember, blackberry added this feature themselves, which means there's probably an Android related reason it didn't ask for a safety password; androids may not be able to do that

11-27-15 04:29 AM
    Use a screen shot of the number grid and line up one number. Good practice for until they possibly loosen up the exactness on the phone

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 08:06 AM
    Not really related to the OP's topic, however I have a quick question about picture password.

Is there anyway to set the option to have a password before powering on the device?

All the other options allow it. You would think with picture password, being probably the most secure, that it would also allow it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android with the Privilege of Privacy.
    Attached Thumbnails Major flaw with picture password on Priv-67201.jpg  
    12-31-15 09:26 AM
    On bb10 picture pass has a back up in. They need to add that here

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    12-31-15 11:43 AM
160 ... 567