12-31-15 11:43 AM
160 12345 ...
tools
    So I guess the general conclusion here is not to use the picture password feature.

Posted via CB10 on the Blackberry Q5.
    Unless you can do so responsibly and accurately. It is rather precise, but honestly, haven't encountered any problems here with it.
    11-11-15 06:14 PM
    This exact scenario confirms why the Priv should have prompted everyone using a picture password for a back-up PIN or Password. These are not cases of user errors but instead cases of Blackberry not thinking this through at all. I'm sorry this happened to you. It really is ridiculous and the sensitivity of the picture password is clearly compounding the issue here with multiple reports of the same lock-out problem.
    I think this is a limitation of the android lockscreen api or something. It makes no sense that BlackBerry could 'forget' this
    11-11-15 06:25 PM
    So,... according to the user guide OP should have been forced to set up a backup screen lock. If OP wasn't asked, then that is the bug.
    I didn't read it as that... I read it more as a recommendation, but if it's supposed to force a Device PIN and it didn't then it's a miss for sure.
    11-11-15 06:46 PM
    Well Misery does love company, but I would like to spread the word so others don't set up a picture password only, without making a backup password or PIN ...
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-11-15 06:46 PM
    So I guess the general conclusion here is not to use the picture password feature.
    I'd say the consensus here is to make sure you have a Device PIN setup as well to fall back on.
    11-11-15 06:50 PM
    I didn't read it as that... I read it more as a recommendation, but if it's supposed to force a Device PIN and it didn't then it's a miss for sure.
    'you must' sounds like a requirement to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:32 PM
    This is why I don't let my toddler touch my phone. He once tried to play with the lock screen and didn't guess the combination three times.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:45 PM
    I disabled the picture password for this reason. Some are noting the password is more sensitive, It's because the picture is bigger but the number is smaller therefore its harder to get the number in the right spot to unlock as opposed to BB10.

I had both the PRIV and my old Z10 beside each other and you can really tell the difference in size.
    11-11-15 07:45 PM
    'you must' sounds like a requirement to me.
    Agree, but not forced by the system to so, almost like the onus is on the user. That's where I was going. "You will be required to" is more along the lines of being forced to.
    11-11-15 07:54 PM
    So,... according to the user guide OP should have been forced to set up a backup screen lock. If OP wasn't asked, then that is the bug.
    This.

ON BB10 you can't really set that up unless you already have a password on. If the device skipped that step, then there is one heck of a flaw going on.

[INFO]Whatever the case here, though, let's remember we have someone asking for help. Let's try to focus on helping (point out the issue without casting blame), the OP already has his plate full.[/INFO]
    JRF_1986, TGR1, geekaren and 4 others like this.
    11-11-15 08:22 PM
    No. I didn't. It was supposed to set up a PIN or something. It did not ask me to do this.
    thats because its running android and not bb10, something that worked before on bb10 doesn't mean that this android bb will have the same feature
    11-11-15 08:23 PM
    A software bug is an error in a program that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result. Picture password implementation is obviously bad here but it did what it is intended to do. No bugs seen here.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    11-11-15 08:49 PM
    This isn't user error if it let's you enable picture password without a backup. Can someone who has the device break down the set up process of enabling picture password AND setting a backup PIN/password so the knowledgeable among us can avoid this same mistake.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 08:52 PM
    On BB10 with my picture password enabled. Sometimes when I hold it or it's in my pocket it accidentally enters the password wrong multiple times

After 5 wrong attempts it notifies me and prompts me to enter "blackberry". This for the OS can understand that someone conscious is taking control of the phone.

Once I enter "blackberry", it will then ask me to enter my PIN, acting as the default override of picture password.

A PIN is always the safety route. Even Windows follows this sequence.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor, Techno-guy and dgmock like this.
    11-11-15 09:16 PM
    On BB10 with my picture password enabled. Sometimes when I hold it or it's in my pocket it accidentally enters the password wrong multiple times

After 5 wrong attempts it notifies me and prompts me to enter "blackberry". This for the OS can understand that someone conscious is taking control of the phone.

Once I enter "blackberry", it will then ask me to enter my PIN, acting as the default override of picture password.

A PIN is always the safety route. Even Windows follows this sequence.

Posted via CB10
    This, why BlackBerry didn't carry this over to its android implementation is odd.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor and Techno-guy like this.
    11-11-15 09:20 PM
    Hey Android users NO NEED TO FEAR!!!

I can safely say that "There's an app for that!"

Posted via CB10
    CDot40 and gvs1341 like this.
    11-11-15 09:24 PM
    No. It did not ask me to set up a pin or secondary password.
    On the BB10 you first set up a device password before setting up the picture password; the device passvord takes precedence.
    The Priv should work the same way.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-11-15 09:31 PM
    On the BB10 you first set up a device password before setting up the picture password; the device passvord takes precedence.
    I concur. All of the devices in my family works as you described. Passport, Z30 and Leap. I expect the Priv to do the same. Anyway will ask a friend and verify.
    11-11-15 09:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! If you're not asked, it's a bug!
    FF22 likes this.
    11-11-15 09:56 PM
    I concur that the picture password on the PRIV is SUPER sensitive, I'm using the same picture,same number and same location on both my Z30 and PRIV (use them both daily) and usually I have to try 3/4 times on the PRIV vs always get it on first try with Z30. And happy with the added PIN feature in BB10 too several times my phone would be in my pocket and I pull it out and it's at the "Enter BlackBerry" step after 5 unsuccessful attempts, I would be pissed if on the PRIV it just tried 10 times in my pocket then re-imaged itself. Good luck to OP on getting it reset.
    11-11-15 10:19 PM
    This isn't a flaw...it did exactly what is supposed to do...lock out someone without the correct picture password

Posted via CB10
    That's definitely a flaw! Many times with my z10 I've pulled it out of my pocket to find that 5 tries have accidentally gone through with picture password. At that point it stops and you have to type " blackberry". After that you put in your back up pin. Without that, I'm sure I would have bricked it by now.
    11-11-15 10:24 PM

Should, it doesn't. I was surprised initially setting it up because that parts different.
    11-11-15 10:24 PM
    That's a pretty serious oversight on BlackBerry's part (or a serious design flaw if intentional).

I use a complex password as my alternate on my Z10. It works great because it gives much better security, and it's something I can easily type when using Blend or Link to access my phone. I suppose if Blend had been available for Priv, this might have been discovered. Which actually makes me wonder - if you plug the Priv into a computer with a picture password enabled but no backup PIN/password, would the computer just have open access? Or would it just have no access since you couldn't authenticate it?
    11-11-15 10:57 PM
    I was going to post this as well but didn't due to the CB nature to ridicule anyone who has a problem. I set a picture password on my priv thinking it would make life easier. Well the first time I went to use the picture password it wouldn't accept my entry. That being said it wiped my phone. Even wiped the sd card which wasn't encrypted. It would be nice to ask your regular password so it doesn't wipe the phone. I get it from a security standpoint but the picture password is way to sensitive. And if you don't realize it once you have passed the menu for selecting it you are screwed.

Posted via CB10
    FF22, early2bed, vgorous and 1 others like this.
    11-11-15 10:57 PM
    Thank you. My Samsung Note 5 required me to set up a PIN in case my fingerprint didn't work for some reason. This phone did NOT ask me to set up a PIN.
    Considering the Priv is a premier high security device shouldn't a pin step be asked while setting up picture password!?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 07:02 AM
160 12345 ...