John Doe99 likes this.
    11-11-15 04:29 PM
    Nope actually a user error...

Posted via CB10
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-11-15 04:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the snark really helps this situation.

The folks on Android Central are a lot nicer.
    11-11-15 04:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh...totally disagree. Yes, it is error to the extent he forgot it but every single Android, iOS and Blackberry device I have ever used has a secondary method of authentication (PIN or Password) for this exact reason. Absolutely astounding that the Priv doesn't require that feature. Lots of consumers will be locking themselves out of this phone for no good reason and that's not a good advertisement for the Priv.
    11-11-15 04:32 PM
    Oh...totally disagree. Yes, it is error to the extent he forgot it but every single Android, iOS and Blackberry device I have ever used has a secondary method of authentication (PIN or Password) for this exact reason. Absolutely astounding that the Priv doesn't require that feature. Lots of consumers will be locking themselves out of this phone for no good reason and that's not a good advertisement for the Priv.
    Thank you. My Samsung Note 5 required me to set up a PIN in case my fingerprint didn't work for some reason. This phone did NOT ask me to set up a PIN.
    11-11-15 04:35 PM
    Agree... there has to be/should be a backup.
    southlander likes this.
    11-11-15 04:36 PM
    Have it reset at att goodluck... next time try a simple device pass

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 04:36 PM
    I disagree. You forget you password 10 times or in this case on the picture you should be locked out. Penalty is a security wipe. You may need to phone support

posted from my Priv!
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-11-15 04:37 PM
    To the OP, your biggest mistake was to look to this forum for commiseration. Some people here are more interested in defending the Priv from criticism than they are in helping someone out with their problem.
    11-11-15 04:41 PM
    Major flaw for you. Not a major flaw for anybody else.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 04:44 PM
    Hey all,

So I got my Priv a few hours ago and spent a long time setting it up. Then I decided to set a picture password on my phone. Well, I set the number in the spot, and I forgot where the heck it goes. Now I'm locked out of my phone AND the OS didn't ask me to ever input a secondary password in case the picture password failed.

How do I get back in my phone???
    Are you kidding? What flaw?
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-11-15 04:46 PM
    My Priv 's Picture password is disabled due to BES policy. Not trying to be snarky. On BB10, you have to enable PIN(simple) before the Picture password is enabled. Definitely a bug if it is not doing this.
    11-11-15 04:46 PM
    He/she needs help. Why is everyone so mean about it? Yeah the title can use some editing but still.
    11-11-15 04:48 PM
    Well according to the user guide it seems that you have no choice but to reset it to factory settings. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

"Picture: A picture password requires you to move a number (that you choose) to a specific location (that you choose) on a picture (that you also choose). A picture password provides a convenient way to unlock your device and is difficult for someone else to figure out. If you set up a picture password, you must also set a backup screen lock in case you forget your picture password combination."

And

"How do I reset my screen lock if I forget it?
    For security reasons, the only way that you can reset your screen lock without knowing the password, PIN, picture password, or pattern is to delete all of your device data. You can typically do this by entering an incorrect screen lock ten times. You can also reset your device to its factory settings.
    If you add your GoogleTM account to your device, the factory reset protection feature is turned on. To set up your device again, you must add the same GoogleTM account. If you don't use the same GoogleTM account, you can't complete the setup process."

http://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/5...r-Guide-en.pdf
    nick13b and geekaren like this.
    11-11-15 05:05 PM
    Ahhhh... good old CB Forums...

Maybe another item to add to the "Tips and Tricks" to recommend setting a backup Device PIN if you are going to use Picture Password.
    11-11-15 05:11 PM
    Ahhhh... good old CB Forums...

Maybe another item to add to the "Tips and Tricks" to recommend setting a backup Device PIN if you are going to use Picture Password.

On a good note, your device will restore easily using your google, settings etc and all.. it is really not a big deal. once it is wiped, you log in with the same gmail and restore and you are on your way.
    11-11-15 05:14 PM
    Well according to the user guide it seems that you have no choice but to reset it to factory settings. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

"Picture: A picture password requires you to move a number (that you choose) to a specific location (that you choose) on a picture (that you also choose). A picture password provides a convenient way to unlock your device and is difficult for someone else to figure out. If you set up a picture password, you must also set a backup screen lock in case you forget your picture password combination."

And

"How do I reset my screen lock if I forget it?
    For security reasons, the only way that you can reset your screen lock without knowing the password, PIN, picture password, or pattern is to delete all of your device data. You can typically do this by entering an incorrect screen lock ten times. You can also reset your device to its factory settings.
    If you add your GoogleTM account to your device, the factory reset protection feature is turned on. To set up your device again, you must add the same GoogleTM account. If you don't use the same GoogleTM account, you can't complete the setup process."

http://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/5...r-Guide-en.pdf

So,... according to the user guide OP should have been forced to set up a backup screen lock. If OP wasn't asked, then that is the bug.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei, FF22, JRF_1986 and 1 others like this.
    11-11-15 05:17 PM
    Dude I completely feel your pain, because I got locked out due to what I can only guess is the super sensitivity of the picture password placement. I successfully unlocked it once (after 3 tries) and then this last round I could not get my "8" perfectly placed on the backwards "Z" .... I did NOT forget this password, it is just too sensitive or doesn't work for me. And I was not prompted to make a backup PIN or other password. But it's on me that I should have done that after the fact.

SO ... after 10 failed attempts I was resigned to having to re-enter all data and start from scratch. No biggie, I just got it today and can still transfer a lot of stuff over via the NFC Tap gizmo on the Priv and my Note 5.

BUT ... the Priv did not reset! I waited. Nothing. And when I tried to turn it on it got stuck in a green bootloader menu with an LED loop of white-blue-red-green, and has been like this for an hour. Believe me I have tried all kinds of button and pressing holMajor flaw with picture password on Priv-20151111_181400-1.jpgding combos possible and spent way too much time on the phone with BB tech support (including 2 disconnects). I made it up two tech levels but the third and highest Priv level of support is not in at the moment! They might call me in a day or two ... I wonder if I leave it be for a few days and battery runs down if it will be salvageable. It's probably going to be returned and at this point I don't know if I will replace it. Got it from Amazon yesterday afternoon during their brief time of having stock. Ugh.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    11-11-15 05:22 PM
    Somebody mentioned that the lock down would last 72h. May be research that before wiping.

You're not a moron. I firmly believe that the whole world is flawed and that would include Priv and all thing ever created.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:28 PM
    I never used it after fiddling with it and after several tries with the CORRECT picture password it still would not unlock. This type of or lack of accuracy does not work for me so I never use it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Techno-guy likes this.
    11-11-15 05:34 PM
    Code 14 error! The problem is 14 inches in front of the screen! Lol

That's unfortunate. I wouldn't call it a flaw though, it's designed to do just that. On BlackBerry 10 the biggest complain with picture password was that people forget their secondary password since they never use it.

Nothing much you can do. I don't have a Priv... some phone will wipe (like BlackBerry), some phone will lock you up for a certain period. Good luck !

Posted via CB10
    Did you even read OP's post?

He clearly states he was never prompted for secondary password.

Posted via CB10
    southlander and TGR1 like this.
    11-11-15 05:57 PM
    Dude I completely feel your pain, because I got locked out due to what I can only guess is the super sensitivity of the picture password placement. I successfully unlocked it once (after 3 tries) and then this last round I could not get my "8" perfectly placed on the backwards "Z" .... I did NOT forget this password, it is just too sensitive or doesn't work for me. And I was not prompted to make a backup PIN or other password. But it's on me that I should have done that after the fact.

It's probably going to be returned and at this point I don't know if I will replace it. Got it from Amazon yesterday afternoon during their brief time of having stock. Ugh.
    This exact scenario confirms why the Priv should have prompted everyone using a picture password for a back-up PIN or Password. These are not cases of user errors but instead cases of Blackberry not thinking this through at all. I'm sorry this happened to you. It really is ridiculous and the sensitivity of the picture password is clearly compounding the issue here with multiple reports of the same lock-out problem.
    trinichindian likes this.
    11-11-15 06:05 PM
    When you drag number to spot you can put finger anywhere I say this becomes I use to try to put mine on number and drag it but after I put finger somewhere else so I could see where my number actually went I was dead accurate everytime,hope this makes sense!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 06:08 PM
    So I guess the general conclusion here is not to use the picture password feature.

Posted via CB10 on the Blackberry Q5.
    11-11-15 06:10 PM
160 1234 ...