Are there any drawbacks from lowering screen resolution for 4k to 1080p? I've read that lowering the resolution helps with battery life and speeds up apps but I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into.
    10-15-17 10:17 PM
    And I thought I knew all there was about the Priv. How can you do this? Is it in developer settings?

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Pixel
    10-15-17 10:19 PM
    Wrong dpi/size on some apps/icons and visual glitches here and there.
    10-16-17 08:34 AM
    There are some drawbacks which the others have posted. You have to decide if the benefits out weight the cons. I tried it and didn't see any improvements in speed/flow and battery life. My PRIV has been great since I got it and never had any problems which many have complained about. The battery life is amazing and is good as my Passport, which surprised me. I've even compared the speed and smoothness to the Ketone and didn't find any huge improvement to convince me to switch. The pkb is better on the Ketone, but for me that is it. So needless to say, I reset the resolution back to normal after a week since no benefit was noted on my PRIV. It did make surfing the Web easier to read with my poor eye site, but I just went into settings and increased the font and all is good. There are some who swear by it so you won't know until you try it. Best of luck if you do.
    10-18-17 12:38 PM
    I don't think there's one "magical" way to improve the battery life. I've made four things:
    - lowering screen resolution,
    - install Hexa Core Processor Booster and chose battery saving mode,
    - in the developper mode, i put 0.5 to "Windows animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Duration Animation scale",
    - i have facelight and messenger light

And, as said "Rick-TJR", my battery life is equal to my Passport SE.
    s40638 likes this.
    10-18-17 03:44 PM