I have a BlackBerry PRIV on Verizon that worked great until about 2 months ago.
    I've been having issues with low / no signal. I'm getting a lot of 1x and roaming. My wife, also, one Verizon will have fine signal. Verizon sent me a new SIM, which didn't help.
    Is there any type of software causing this, or can there be an internal issue in the phone?
    06-22-17 10:41 AM
    I've been having issues with low / no signal. I'm getting a lot of 1x and roaming. My wife, also, one Verizon will have fine signal. Verizon sent me a new SIM, which didn't help.
    Is there any type of software causing this, or can there be an internal issue in the phone?
    I haven't heard of any physical issues with the radio antenna. I doubt that's the issue since you still are finding a signal (some LTE) I assume.

I'd chalk it up to a carrier issue. However, I most certainly first would perform a hard reset (32 seconds power button). Sometimes something on the device itself has been corrupted.
    06-22-17 10:54 AM
    Besides the 32 second reboot, you might try booting to safe mode. That generally avoids loading any 3rd party apps that normally just load themselves. See the bottom of my reply

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    06-22-17 04:42 PM
    Besides the 32 second reboot, you might try booting to safe mode. That generally avoids loading any 3rd party apps that normally just load themselves. See the bottom of my reply

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

Safe Mode:

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    06-22-17 04:42 PM
    I'm on AT&T and have had the same low signal, no signal issue for about 2 months now, too.
    06-24-17 10:42 AM
    confirming the same here. STV2-100 model. very low signal in some areas where I never, but never, had issues with my Classic, Z30, Z10, or Q10.

I was sitting outdoors at a restaurant in a quiet neighborhood in St. Louis just today, and had no signal at all.
    06-24-17 07:19 PM
    confirming the same here. STV2-100 model. very low signal in some areas where I never, but never, had issues with my Classic, Z30, Z10, or Q10.

I was sitting outdoors at a restaurant in a quiet neighborhood in St. Louis just today, and had no signal at all.
    What carrier? I'm wondering if you're also on Verizon.
    06-26-17 08:00 PM
    06-26-17 08:32 PM
    Yes, VZW.
    I'm in the Springfield/Joplin area in Southwest Missouri.

Verizon tells me that the areas I'm complaining about are a marginal coverage area, so there's nothing they can do. It's basically a 60 mile stretch of road between Mount Vernon and El Dorado Springs where I have no signal, where I used to get signal for all but maybe 5 total miles. I don't quite buy this. They've even offered to let us return our phones and owe them nothing.
    I've been on Verizon for several years, because they had the best rural signal.
    Thankfully, I have signal at my home, which you can see from I-44, and most of the time at my work. I just don't have signal in between. I lose signal when I'm 2-3 miles away from I-44 at several locations off the interstate where I've experimented.
    I also noticed that if I'm coming out of no signal area, then I don't have signal until I'm closer to Mount Vernon, even after getting on I-44. If I'm coming out of Mount Vernon where I have signal, I'll have signal all along I-44.
    Last edited by nroden; 07-01-17 at 09:56 AM.
    07-01-17 08:49 AM
    same thing happened to me. VZW with service issues that started 2 months ago.
    07-01-17 09:17 AM
    The VZW issue is not limited to the PRIV. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is experiencing the same in the DC area and Philadelphia area.
    07-01-17 11:50 AM

Safe Mode:

I have tried all of the reboot methods, safe mode, and even did a Factory Data Reset. None of these have improved results. Does anyone have any other ideas?
    Last edited by nroden; 07-02-17 at 11:18 AM.
    07-02-17 08:28 AM
    If I can't figure this out, I'm going to go back to the BlackBerry Classic and see if I have signal with it. if I do, then I may try to demand a replacement Priv from Verizon.
    07-02-17 01:04 PM