I love my Priv, but I can't begin the comprehend how you prefer the HUB as compared to the BlackBerry 10 hub...it's atrocious on the Priv! Previously read messages showing as unread, most messages accessed from the HUB simply open the app in question (sms, whatsapp etc) vs being actually integrated in the HUB. The HUB is basically just a link to the message which is still housed within its own app.

I'm sure it will continue to get better, but in its current state it's a bit of a turd.
    kertong likes this.
    12-19-15 04:24 PM
    I love my Priv, but I can't begin the comprehend how you prefer the HUB as compared to the BlackBerry 10 hub...it's atrocious on the Priv! Previously read messages showing as unread, most messages accessed from the HUB simply open the app in question (sms, whatsapp etc) vs being actually integrated in the HUB. The HUB is basically just a link to the message which is still housed within its own app.

I'm sure it will continue to get better, but in its current state it's a bit of a turd.
    I never said I prefer the hub on the Priv. What I said is my feelings are mixed. Here's my quote:

Hub - this is mixed. I like that I could reply to stuff like fb and twitter from within the hub but hated that it froze and had to do resets at times on the Passport. Also hated that on the Passport things like Facebook always annoyingly shows errors like "message cannot be displayed". The hub on the Priv integrates so well with the apps that u don't even notice u left the hub and because it's in the real app you get the full experience. I love the triage methods on the Priv I.e slide left to delete, slide right to snooze etc.. I love that I can set time and location reminders on messages.
    As u can see I clearly stated that I prefer that I could reply from within the hub. However, I'm also aware that bb10 was built on the hub as opposed to the hub being an app so I don't expect the android version to be better.

However, I do prefer the richer experience of going into the actual app, no issues with message not displaying, not having to reset, no freezing and the triage methods. I'm also aware that BlackBerry is bringing the "pinch to filter" unread messages to the hub on the Priv. Also, it's only the other apps that function that way. Lets not forget that email is fully integrated in the hub and I actually do prefer it on the Priv than on bb10. It is a pity though that BlackBerry did not also build sms into it. Although I like the full functionality I get from using hangouts as a texting app. The texts still show up in the hub.

Like you, I'm also not crazy about the messages showing unread after reading them but I'm also aware of messages still showing up as unread on the bb10 hub or not being able to be marked unread for some reason from time to time. On the Priv I only experience this with Twitter and whatsapp so I hope there's a fix soon.

I love bb10. I still have my z10 despite it losing all screen colour since March this year (water spilled on it thanks to the damn kids &#128556 and love the speed and swiping gestures everyday. However, I can't forget how everyday I also felt I had an inadequate phone that forced me to search for workarounds to use common apps like Facebook and Snapchat. Or, wouldn't let me use nfc to pay for anything because BlackBerry is not supported. Or wouldn't let me lock the hub or the exact apps I wanted locked for personal privacy. This ability to lock the hub was a key annoyance for me on bb10 and for a company that prides itself on security and privacy that was clearly a bad mistake. Especially when third party apps or even the Password Keeper was able to do thus.

Granted, there are pros and cons on both OS's but for me, I can deal with the ones on the Priv far more. Others might differ in opinion and that's perfectly ok 👌.
    Last edited by naijab0y; 01-06-16 at 11:45 AM.
    12-29-15 01:04 AM
    my mint passport is for sale too..
    12-29-15 01:49 AM
    I'm in the same boat at the op with the exception I had way more blackberries than him.

I love the priv and for the first time in history I will say the Android OS is way more productive than bb10.

Sure I miss a few things of the passport but it didn't take long for me to decide to sell it.

I love the priv and will always be a BlackBerry guy. BlackBerry 4 Life!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-11-16 10:31 AM
    Got the Priv about 2 weeks ago while I still had my Passport and z10. My take..

The Priv is fantastic. I love the Passport but it has nothing on the Priv.

Emails - none is better than the other based on the built in email apps. However, the Priv wins overall cos I can even download the official, Outlook, Gmail or Yahoo apps which all seem to be push so anyway u look at it.. The Priv wins.

Texts - both win but the Priv even more so cos I can use the hub, messenger, hangouts and any other app I choose to use from Google Play. If gives you choice.

Build quality and usability - no lifting screens or difficult to use with one hand. No issues with carrying in my trousers pocket due to the awkward square shape and size. The Priv is just so sleek, comfy, grippy and I have no creaking or whatever issues other seem to have. I never had any build quality issues with the passport either so they're both fantastic.

Typing - priv wins. I've got two options.. Vkb and pkb. The vkb has haptic feedback too. Passport wins for pkb due to its size naturally. Overall though, the Priv wins cos the pkb is very good and when u add in the vkb and one hand useability.. No contest.

Apps - no more Facebook that does not work, twitter not updated, rubbish linkedin, BBM that can't select multiple smileys at once. On BlackBerry it's select one, smiley picker retracts, press smiley icon to select another one, retracts, press icon to select another one ughhhh! Now I can lock individual apps for my privacy. I can even lock the hub. I can select which apps show the message content on the lockscreen and which does not I.e don't show WhatsApp but show Skype etc.. I just have to specify if the app is priority, sensitive or just block completely from showing any notifications.

Now I can make video and voice calls with Facebook messenger which means I'm actually now able to reach more people than ever cos 90% or more of the people you know are on fb. Or.. Use Skype, hangouts or viber and they just work. No longer restricted to BBM video that I used like 5 times since owning the z10 and passport over the last 2 years as only bb10 had it. No more being advised to use the browser for fb just cos of how bad the BlackBerry version is. No more being stuck on an old android fb cos the latest versions won't work on the 4.3 runtime BlackBerry uses. No more using Casper for Snapchat that's actually even made for android phones and all the other time wasting half job workarounds. I just use Snapchat like it was meant to be used. In fact.. Even the Crackberry app is better on android and gets updated more often.

File manager - bb10 wins but only cos I can't delete or move from sd to internal memory. I can format to fat32 to solve it but for now I don't care. It's not a biggie to me.

Screen - I love the amoled screen and the rectangular shape. Media and videos are so much better. I never knew how black the blacks on amoled screens are compared to lcd's. It's night and day. The colours too.. They just pop.

Camera - let's not even go there. The Priv runs tings on the rear camera. The front facing is mediocre on both.

Battery life - Passport wins but the Priv gets me well thru the day. Off charger at 7:30am and at 7pm I'm still at 50% or more. To be fair.. I had many times where I charged my passport by midday after heavy use or it was at 30% by the time I'm home from work around 7pm. I see the same with the Priv. However, the Passport has a bigger battery so naturally it wins.

Hub - this is mixed. I like that I could reply to stuff like fb and twitter from within the hub but hated that it froze and had to do resets at times on the Passport. Also hated that on the Passport things like Facebook always annoyingly shows errors like "message cannot be displayed". The hub on the Priv integrates so well with the apps that u don't even notice u left the hub and because it's in the real app you get the full experience. I love the triage methods on the Priv I.e slide left to delete, slide right to snooze etc.. I love that I can set time and location reminders on messages.

Notifications - I love the fact that the screen and dropdown notifications are a lot more interactive than bb10. Also, no more struggling with not receiving notifications from android apps like Facebook, Skype, instagram etc. I do however miss being able to reply to a message from the toast notification (heads up on android) for BBM, WhatsApp etc cos for texts it works.

Looks - the Priv is just way too sleek. It's the z10 and passport all in one. Winner.

Bedside Mode aka Daydream + interruptions on android - not like old BlackBerry OS but waaay better than bb10. You have to use Daydream +interruptions and set downtime but it's automatic once u plug your phone in at night. Never used it on bb10 cos it's all manual.

Productivity - it's a myth that BlackBerry 10 is more Productive than the rest. You might not agree but that's my opinion. One thing is for sure.. It's definitely not more productive than the Priv.

Android just has so many options that although I'm glad I waited for a BlackBerry before I made the move.. I'm not happy that I more or less just accepted bb10 as the best when it clearly is not the best OS.

Bottom line.. Sold my passport today for �200 after using it for a year. Bought it �440 October last year. Put it on Gumtree last week and the dude came to meet me at work to get it.

Before anyone gets angry.. I'm not here to cause ruckus. This is just my take on how I feel. This is my first android phone and I've only ever used BlackBerry since I got my first smartphone back in 2010. Used the 8520, 9300, 9800, 9860, z10, Passport and now the Priv.

Embrace change and keep BlackBerry in the game. All this in fighting I read on here is nothing but self harm and does nothing for you or me. Its a total waste of time and your opinion means nothing to the vast majority of users out there. Just look at bb10 's market share. The people have spoken and now I understand.

As much as I love BlackBerry 10 and miss some stuff from it overall.. I'm way more happy with the Priv and this is the phone I always hoped BlackBerry would build and they did.. Albeit using android. Hell.. I'm in love with the vkb again. Missed it from my z10 days.

Thank you BlackBerry. Thank you Android.

My only minor complaint about the Passport is the size! It was just a tad too big for my personal use. However the power is unbeatable! I like the Priv more because it has unlimited access to the Google play library and eventually that won out for me.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    01-11-16 10:36 AM
    I got mixed feelings on the hub too. Even though it's not as good as bb10 it's still better though.

My main reason is the deletions of emails and the snoozing. I still have a classic for work and deleting emails takes forever.

Although you don't have good integration with social media apps in the hub I actually find it better they don't exist. Keep the hub for emails alone.

01-11-16 10:36 AM
    3 weeks with the Priv and still can't give up my passport. I'm only using it for chromecast. Android is just not a good multitasking/communication OS. Final straw for me was not being able to play youtube or stream in the background.

Edit: my Priv build quality isn't the greatest either. Screen is loose and lots of give in the back cover. Very shallow power button as well. Going to take it back and see if a newer batch is better.
    Posted via CB10
    I hated that you couldn't play youtube in the background too. Easy fix! Download Firefox Browser. It works when you use FireFox!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 10:49 PM
32 12