Just got the old data usage warning notification . I now I'm using it more than than I used to use my Z10 because it's shiny and new. Just wanna make sure I don't have any settings set wrong that would consume more data. Any suggestions on what to double check to save on data?

Posted w/ Priv
    11-18-15 03:47 PM
    Just got the old data usage warning notification . I now I'm using it more than than I used to use my Z10 because it's shiny and new. Just wanna make sure I don't have any settings set wrong that would consume more data. Any suggestions on what to double check to save on data?

Posted w/ Priv
    How much data do you have per month?
    I mean you can set some apps to only download (attachments, videos, images) only over wifi, so that might help a bit
    Since I upgraded and my data has gone from 1gb to 3gb, I'm not even watching my usage
    11-18-15 03:55 PM
    I have seen the same with texts from Telus it says I've used 292 mb in 2 days and everything is set to only backup on wifi. I have a 2 gig plan
    11-19-15 09:48 PM
    I'm on 2.92gb used... Since the 8th November... Although 1gb of that is Netflix. But I'm on a 6gb package, with 3 months unlimited data usage.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Privdroid 5.1.1
    11-19-15 10:10 PM
    Wi-Fi. Use it. Live it. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 10:46 PM
    It is an Android. You cannot save data usage. It simply consumes.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 10:56 PM
    WiFi don't need it...

Unlimited data FTW

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 10:57 PM
    You could set Google Play Store to only auto update on WiFi only
    11-19-15 11:01 PM
    It is an Android. You cannot save data usage. It simply consumes.

Posted via CB10
    It consumes at the same rate as BB10

BBOS was a diferent story
    GPuba likes this.
    11-19-15 11:01 PM
    Tweak your apps etc.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    11-20-15 12:33 AM
    Disable all the unused google apps.

Android phones are consistently sending your data to google.

It's the reason why android is a free OS to manufacturers.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 04:06 AM
    In my opinion, part of the problem is when one sets up a new device on LTE, instead of WiFi. For example, I set up a new Android tablet away from WiFi, and I burned through 1.7 gigabytes of data in the setup. I suspect the same could happen with the Priv. Come to think of it, my BB10 devices were all set up on WiFi, so it could happen with them as well!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 04:28 AM
    I'm on 2.92gb used... Since the 8th November... Although 1gb of that is Netflix. But I'm on a 6gb package, with 3 months unlimited data usage.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Privdroid 5.1.1
    I love Vodafone! Dunno how I will live with 8GB after our unlimited 3 months has gone.
    11-20-15 05:20 AM
    You could set Google Play Store to only auto update on WiFi only
    Flipping heck the updates are never ending every night.
    11-20-15 05:21 AM

Posted w/ Priv
    Bigger screen=more data
    Higher quality videos/pictures=more data
    And I don't care what anyone says Google play store with all its updates to 15 apps a day is a huge data hog.

Sync emails=more data

I went through a gig in like the first week while not on WiFi just from Facebook scrolling and playstore updating apps. I swear android uses WAY more data to do simple tasks. I'm pretty sure it's constantly data streaming in the background without us knowing about it.

Q10Bold likes this.
    11-20-15 05:27 AM
    Bigger screen=more data
    Higher quality videos/pictures=more data
    And I don't care what anyone says Google play store with all its updates to 15 apps a day is a huge data hog.

Sync emails=more data

I went through a gig in like the first week while not on WiFi just from Facebook scrolling and playstore updating apps. I swear android uses WAY more data to do simple tasks. I'm pretty sure it's constantly data streaming in the background without us knowing about it.

I have my playstore apps updates turned to manual and just do them when i get in.

Another thing that saved me a ton of data when i moved over to the G4 was make sure facebook autoplay videos was set to wifi only.

I didnt do that in my first month and burnt through my data
    geomun likes this.
    11-22-15 03:44 PM
    I have my playstore apps updates turned to manual and just do them when i get in.

Another thing that saved me a ton of data when i moved over to the G4 was make sure facebook autoplay videos was set to wifi only.

I didnt do that in my first month and burnt through my data
    Yeah I figured this all out.

It's just funny all the things you absolutely must do to make android actually work right out of the box. Over two weeks on the Priv and I'm still tweaking things. I was done playing with my z10 after like two days.

11-22-15 03:47 PM
    [QUOTE=darkehawke;12101384]I have my playstore apps updates turned to manual and just do them when i get in.

Would this be the same as setting play store auto updates w/ WiFi only in the settings options ?

Posted w/ a Perv's Priv!
    11-22-15 03:48 PM
    Yeah I figured this all out.

It's just funny all the things you absolutely must do to make android actually work right out of the box. Over two weeks on the Priv and I'm still tweaking things. I was done playing with my z10 after like two days.

Ahh once you tweak it to the perfect way you want it, then nothing compares!
    You'll be surprise at how much the little tweaks makes a unique experience for yourself.

There are some very clever apps out there that makes an amazing experience if you can take the time to set it up. Things like Tasker which i wish i could use to its full potential.
    I just did basic things like have it turn wifi on when i got home and off when i left home automatically
    11-22-15 03:52 PM
    [QUOTE=jt597;12101396]

Would this be the same as setting play store auto updates w/ WiFi only in the settings options ?

Posted w/ a Perv's Priv!
    Almost but not quite.
    With the option you set, as soon as you connect to wifi your apps will update.

I have to go in and push the button to update, can do it over network or wifi.

The reason i do this, is so i can see the update info, if theyve bothered to provide any, plus the reviews. Sometimes an update breaks an app for a while so i hold fire on the update. or sometimes an app may suddenly want extra permissions or do something i dont want and i then replace it.
    Those circumstances are extremely rare but it's become a habit
    11-22-15 03:55 PM
    Ahh once you tweak it to the perfect way you want it, then nothing compares!
    You'll be surprise at how much the little tweaks makes a unique experience for yourself.

There are some very clever apps out there that makes an amazing experience if you can take the time to set it up. Things like Tasker which i wish i could use to its full potential.
    I just did basic things like have it turn wifi on when i got home and off when i left home automatically
    Yeah say what you want. I want blackberry back. I don't need any of these unique experiences. I want a phone that functions with little to no adjustments. One that doesn't seem like it's designed to kill your battery, charge as much data as possible and solely designed to take your money from apps.

11-22-15 04:42 PM
    Yeah say what you want. I want blackberry back. I don't need any of these unique experiences. I want a phone that functions with little to no adjustments. One that doesn't seem like it's designed to kill your battery, charge as much data as possible and solely designed to take your money from apps.

BBOS was your ideal OS then as BB10 meets 2 out of your 3 points above.
    But i agree with your sentiments. I would like to see Blackberry in a position where BB10 can be actively pushed.
    11-22-15 04:45 PM
    BBOS was your ideal OS then as BB10 meets 2 out of your 3 points above.
    But i agree with your sentiments. I would like to see Blackberry in a position where BB10 can be actively pushed.
    I didn't find bb10 to miss a single one of my points.

11-22-15 05:18 PM
    I didn't find bb10 to miss a single one of my points.

Drains battery faster then BBOS did. Consumes data at the same rate as Android and far more then BBOS did.
    11-22-15 05:19 PM
    I love Vodafone! Dunno how I will live with 8GB after our unlimited 3 months has gone.
    It's not 8GB! Don't let them confuse you! It's 6GB data from your SIM then 2GB of BT Wi-Fi when you use one of their hotspots. That's what mine was like, anyway. Just call them up and make sure it's what you think it is. I don't want them charging you for the extra 2GB you think you might have. Vodafone's customer service is awful. You have to wait 50-60 minutes for someone to answer and on top of that they can't even speak English!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 05:31 PM
27 12