I've had my Priv for almost a week now and I'm super excited to have blackberry device running on android. I had a z10 and switched to android after work made me switch (it was very emotional lol). Anyway I've seen a ton of posts addressing heating and battery drain, the latter hasn't been an issue for me whatsoever however I've noticed it heats up quite a bit when running certain apps -- but only those apps. I know its the snapdragon 808 and not the antenna as my wife had similar issues with her LG G4. Both the software and apps are all up to date and I even factory reset it yesterday. After the reset it isn't as bad but is still noticeable. I was just wondering if anyone else had a quasi reasonable solution or suggestions!

Thanks, Cotton
    04-03-17 11:18 AM
    Hello welcome to PRIV. great device. Further tip would be to always do any updates of apps and OS always via wifi. Making sure you have good coverage. Also about once a month do clear your cache. Which normally fills up and all it does is help open apps faster. You can acces cache from settings, storage, select internal storage and clear cache. Also store all my fotos, videos, etc on the sd card not on device memory.
    04-03-17 11:30 AM
    I've had my Priv for almost a week now and I'm super excited to have blackberry device running on android. I had a z10 and switched to android after work made me switch (it was very emotional lol). Anyway I've seen a ton of posts addressing heating and battery drain, the latter hasn't been an issue for me whatsoever however I've noticed it heats up quite a bit when running certain apps -- but only those apps. I know its the snapdragon 808 and not the antenna as my wife had similar issues with her LG G4. Both the software and apps are all up to date and I even factory reset it yesterday. After the reset it isn't as bad but is still noticeable. I was just wondering if anyone else had a quasi reasonable solution or suggestions!

Thanks, Cotton
    It really boils down to what apps you're using that will cause the Priv to get warm. I say warm because in general, I don't believe the device gets to a point were it's too hot to handle. Best you can do is avoid running heavy SOT or graphic intensive apps like Google Maps for prolonged periods of time. That's pretty much when I find my phone and battery life really takes a beating and the device gets warm.

Under normal use my Priv has been as cool as a cucumber. Great device overall but the early adopters on CB would say otherwise.
    04-03-17 11:46 AM
    Overheating was the only negative feedback I can give to it. It was a problem specially on YouTube or Maps but heating making it slow was the worst. Now I'm on a Dtek60 and cero overheating. The funny thing is I gave the Priv to my kid who uses it for YouTube and gaming and it gets hot but not as much as when it was a daily driver with a Sim card and phone connection so I guess both things running at same time was the problem. Maybe latest updated helped. Will await Android N to do a daily driver test and see.
    04-03-17 02:43 PM
    You did not mention which apps cause the heating issue???? That might help us answer the question.
    04-03-17 08:27 PM