It makes this place feel like hostile territory...
    Gadget Fann and Mr4aces like this.
    11-20-15 08:42 PM
    Love the phone and love the OS.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 08:47 PM
    There is a lot of love for Priv on android sites and I think this phone and the BB/android marriage is going to do well. There's love here too though I think some BB10 users would rather see the marriage fail (based on comments I've read) which is a shame because it just might mean prolonged life for that OS and not a shorter one and nobody has a Crystal ball that tells the future I don't think.

11-20-15 08:49 PM
    I really dislike Google, hence my switch to bb10. If I gotta go back to android, I want it to be a BlackBerry product. I'm watching to see just how secure BlackBerry made android.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    John Gee likes this.
    11-20-15 08:51 PM
    Love mine. I was sold to BB10, and I must admit that BlackBerry is moving forward with Android.

11-20-15 08:52 PM
    Because there was no learning curve and they see it for what its worth. Besides the camera(software) the Priv is a beast. Some cave men get scared to try and learn new things. iTrash is so successful because its the easiest phone to use and there is never a learning curve because they have the same OS since launch...

Posted via Priv
    Jrox74, Mecca EL and Gadget Fann like this.
    11-20-15 09:12 PM
    Love my Priv!!! Coming from. iPhone 6 and Z30 ...
    No turning back.

Posted from my Priv!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-20-15 09:43 PM
    I really dislike Google, hence my switch to bb10. If I gotta go back to android, I want it to be a BlackBerry product. I'm watching to see just how secure BlackBerry made android.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    Since Chen claimed it would extra to make drivers, the most advanced chipset should be those on the Passport.

Meaning that would be the ceiling for BB10's hardware specs.

Not a matter of if. It's just a matter of time.

11-20-15 09:56 PM
    Because there was no learning curve and they see it for what its worth. Besides the camera(software) the Priv is a beast. Some cave men get scared to try and learn new things. iTrash is so successful because its the easiest phone to use and there is never a learning curve because they have the same OS since launch...

Posted via Priv
    What is up with camera?
    11-20-15 10:06 PM
    What is up with camera?
    I don't get the issues people are saying they see. I have no issues with mine after the first update.

11-20-15 10:15 PM
    I moved to Priv from a Passport. I liked the Passport, but after a couple of weeks with the Priv have to say I like it more.

I don't understand the strong emotion for one or the other. At the end of the day it's just a device. My hope is with whatever device or OS that BlackBerry does well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-20-15 10:40 PM
    I don't get the issues people are saying they see. I have no issues with mine after the first update.

Same here as well loving the Priv and frankly android allows for more customizations. I've manually unchecked all of my notifications except for Google Apps that really need it and a few apps I must receive them, battery life has greatly improved.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-20-15 11:14 PM
    What is up with camera?
    I'm just not feeling it. Sometimes I get amazing shots other times they look like shart. It feels like beta software to me. I will try some different camera apps this weekend, maybe it's just me.

My old Note 4 took far more superior photo's and I'll even say my SE Passport does a better job....

I ain't knocking the Priv besides the camera and SD card management. It's my favourite phone I ever had and believe me I had every flagship blackberry and the best Samsungs and Apples...

Posted via Priv
    11-20-15 11:37 PM
    It's like some people on this forum just want to bash the Priv, but then when you ask them for a better alternative, they have no answers or they'll say that another phone is better because it runs marshmallow as if the Priv will never run marshmallow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    Mecca EL and Mr4aces like this.
    11-21-15 02:23 AM
    So, I've heard a few people say this now - I went to check it out and damn you're right!

I'm sure most people will say "yeah, well they are coming from Android already" and that is true, but I myself came from a 9900 and q10 and even tried a PP - and I like the Priv!

And it turns out quite a few other people do to!

They're so genuinely curious and interested.

It's refreshing seeing that over a lot of the attitude here X_x
    Mecca EL and Trisk333 like this.
    11-21-15 02:26 AM
    Its an Android phone, of course they are going to show it love. Its like saying "iMore is showing a lot of love for the iPhone." There will be people that won't like it but the majority of people in an Android forum aren't going to bash a phone that is running nearly stock Android because it would be saying that they essentially don't like Android.
    11-21-15 03:47 AM
    Its an Android phone, of course they are going to show it love. Its like saying "iMore is showing a lot of love for the iPhone." There will be people that won't like it but the majority of people in an Android forum aren't going to bash a phone that is running nearly stock Android because it would be saying that they essentially don't like Android.
    Well whatever the reason, it's still a refreshing change from the tiresome comments from bitter BB10 users going out of their way to find 'something' negative to say even in a thread meant to share some positive vibes for a change.

Mecca EL likes this.
    11-21-15 04:10 AM
    Well whatever the reason, it's still a refreshing change from the tiresome comments from bitter BB10 users going out of their way to find 'something' negative to say even in a thread meant to share some positive vibes for a change.

Do you think if Android users were being pushed to BB10 that there would be some level of dissent in those forums by people who had preached about Android over the years and how great it is? There would be.
    sonicpix likes this.
    11-21-15 04:13 AM
    Do you think if Android users were being pushed to BB10 that there would be some level of dissent in those forums by people who had preached about Android over the years and how great it is? There would be.
    No one is pushing anyone to do anything. However, if BB10 is where it's at for you, then why go out of your way to bring negativity to the Android/BlackBerry forum when you could be hanging out in the forum for your awesome phone having discussions with your like minded brethren?

Mr4aces and Mecca EL like this.
    11-21-15 04:18 AM
    No one is pushing anyone to do anything. However, if BB10 is where it's at for you, then why go out of your way to bring negativity to the Android/BlackBerry forum when you could be hanging out in the forum for your awesome phone having discussions with your like minded brethren?

No I'm saying that if all of a sudden people learned that Android might be discontinued and that manufacturers were now going to be making BB10 phones then you can bet that there would be people in the Android forums upset about it.

I don't disagree with you but everything isn't going to be positive. BB10 users have just as much right as Android users to post in the Priv sections and give their thoughts whether they be good or bad.

Or look at it the other way. If you don't want to hear from BB10 users then don't go to a forum that has a rabid BB10 following and stay in the Android sites for the love fest.
    11-21-15 04:25 AM

Ooops! Do I sense a need for fragmentation here? Typically Android

JK!

Enjoy your PRIV, it's the best hardware design Android have had since M8 or M7
    Trisk333 likes this.
    11-21-15 04:26 AM
    No I'm saying that if all of a sudden people learn d that Android might be discontinued and that manufacturers were now going to be making BB10 phones then you can bet that there would be people in the Android forums upset about it.

I don't disagree with you but everything isn't going to be positive. BB10 users have just as much right as Android users to post in the Priv sections and give their thoughts whether they be good or bad.

Or look at it the other way. If you don't want to hear from BB10 users then don't go to a forum that has a rabid BB10 following and stay in the Android sites for the love fest.
    Did anyone actually say for certain that BB10 was being discontinued? All I see for sure is that BB decided to manufacture some phones running Android and I think it's great that Android users get the option to try a really nice phone from another respected manufacturer who I might not have otherwise tried hardware from.

Who knows, it might even sway some users to give BB10 a shot if they like the hardware and want to see what else BB has to offer. Who knows, the money BB makes from people like me might even generate revenue to keep your beloved BB10 going. I even thought about trying it myself now that I was introduced to BB through the Priv but this jealous boyfriend attitude I've been seeing from users that think BB is cheating on them kind of left a sour taste for me and I think I'd rather just stick with the Android community. That community actually helped Android grow to what it is through the XDA developer site and user ideas and I am still active there and it's awesome to watch that OS grow.

To answer your question though, if Android was being discontinued, so be it, I'd use something else that could do what I need in the form factor I prefer if available. If not, I adapt. I wasn't happy when slider phones disappeared but I've used Samsung slabs for the last four years and never cried about it.

I'm not in a BB10 forum right now though. I'm in a BB/android fan forum because I feel like I'm a fan now and to be honest, as long as I've used Android I've never actually been a fan of any brand so that's something. I think the Priv is one hell of a phone and instantly made me a BB fan.

Oh, and yes, you're certainly free to read and post where you wish. I just wish there was less hostility like the OP pointed out. Let us enjoy our new phone! :-)

Last edited by Trisk333; 11-21-15 at 05:13 AM.
    11-21-15 04:55 AM
    I'm just not feeling it. Sometimes I get amazing shots other times they look like shart. It feels like beta software to me. I will try some different camera apps this weekend, maybe it's just me.

My old Note 4 took far more superior photo's and I'll even say my SE Passport does a better job....

I ain't knocking the Priv besides the camera and SD card management. It's my favourite phone I ever had and believe me I had every flagship blackberry and the best Samsungs and Apples...

Posted via Priv
    I have compared photos from my Priv to my s5 and the Priv blows it away. When the s5 came out, the 16 megapixel camera was widely touted as one of the best on the market...as is the s6's 16 megapixel camera today.

Samsung Galaxy S5 review: Camera | TechRadar
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pho...86088/review/6
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-24-15 at 07:24 AM.
    11-24-15 07:08 AM
    Just out of curiosity, I visited Android Central's Priv forum. It's a graveyard, several days between posts. So, which Android sites should I visit to see some of this Priv-love for myself?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-24-15 07:52 AM
    Just out of curiosity, I visited Android Central's Priv forum. It's a graveyard, several days between posts. So, which Android sites should I visit to see some of this Priv-love for myself?
    Actually surprised more CrackBerry users haven't gone there to help promote the PRIV. AC tried to do a BUNCH of articles on the PRIV, Kevin even did a couple... and I did see a few CrackBerry regulars make some comments on those. But yeah the PRIV section of the forum has been very quite
    11-24-15 08:12 AM
36 12