Blackberry thought they can build apple like hype but that seems to have died out. Based on market sensing the hype seems to have died out and 10 second video introduction makes no sense. Carphone is already offering preorders, which makes no sense without looking at a detailed phone review. They screwed up launch of classic passport and now Priv.

Blackberry marketing is horrible and is a single point of failure. Their overall presentation of products is horrible and remind me of early 2000.

Posted via CB10
    Omar Alsahli and Doggerz like this.
    10-19-15 10:24 AM
    You are American. Or an American-influenced Canadian. North America is full of sheeple who like to be told what choices to make. The whole hype concept is for consumers. Yuck.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk and ahmedhanif911 like this.
    10-19-15 10:32 AM
    I totally agree with you
    I was so excited for the Priv that I kept looking for leaks everyday but now it's getting ridiculous. Websites are starting preorders with crazy prices and we didn't even get a freaking official launch or pricing, except for that lackluster preview Chen did.
    BlackBerry f***ed up again, who would've thought!
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    10-19-15 10:36 AM
    Blackberry thought they can build apple like hype but that seems to have died out. Based on market sensing the hype seems to have died out and 10 second video introduction makes no sense. Carphone is already offering preorders, which makes no sense without looking at a detailed phone review. They screwed up launch of classic passport and now Priv.

Blackberry marketing is horrible and is a single point of failure. Their overall presentation of products is horrible and remind me of early 2000.

Posted via CB10
    What market sensing?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:37 AM
    Nice opinion !
    10-19-15 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with most of what you said here, except the part where you claim BB thought they could build Apple like hype. I don't see where they thought that, or why you got that impression. But yes, BB has no idea how to launch a device.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:42 AM
    Normally, marketing starts when you have decided for a launch. When my company have a new product/service (I'm the CMO) we decide for a roll-out plan and then it is like a ladder, meaning steo-by-step. I really can't understand people that don't understand marketing techniques. The most stupid thing would be to start prior to a decided date/plan. That could ruin everything. Now we have to wait for a launch, a press release etc and then you could start speculating if the launch/marketing was good or not, but not before.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:52 AM
    They should really just announce it this week.

And announce everything, not just "coming soon", "end of year" bull crap.
    10-19-15 10:55 AM
    Normally, marketing starts when you have decided for a launch. When my company have a new product/service (I'm the CMO) we decide for a roll-out plan and then it is like a ladder, meaning steo-by-step. I really can't understand people that don't understand marketing techniques. The most stupid thing would be to start prior to a decided date/plan. That could ruin everything. Now we have to wait for a launch, a press release etc and then you could start speculating if the launch/marketing was good or not, but not before.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are missing the point. Why the pre-order and "hands on" by a BB retail partner? Why Pre-order and pricing from another partner, and why the clumsy demo from Chen. The whole thing seems drawn out and poorly controlled - the opposite of the step by step approach you are talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Omar Alsahli likes this.
    10-19-15 11:01 AM
    They should really just announce it this week.

And announce everything, not just "coming soon", "end of year" bull crap.
    I think Chen wanted to do it right, but the information leaked. He was unprepared. Now it's too late. Ppl know the Priv is coming... this fall (official info)... but as said, fall is 3 months long!
    10-19-15 01:05 PM
    I totally agree with you
    I was so excited for the Priv that I kept looking for leaks everyday but now it's getting ridiculous. Websites are starting preorders with crazy prices and we didn't even get a freaking official launch or pricing, except for that lackluster preview Chen did.
    BlackBerry f***ed up again, who would've thought!
    More expensive than the S6 Edge Plus... that's crazy pricing. Hope it's just some Pre-order crazyness.
    10-19-15 04:49 PM
    NO ****. One month until it is supposed to be at carriers and NO BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ! USA Market needs a BIG ANNOUNCMENT. Come on Chen! What the ****? You said you were ramping up face to face consumer operations. Where is it?
    10-19-15 05:09 PM