If you think it froze -- it did NOT.

WAIT. Yes, it may take quite a while. WAIT ANYWAY.
    06-08-16 12:23 AM
    When will we ever get the update on AT&T

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-08-16 01:00 AM
    I finally got the chance to upgrade after months of waiting, I had to restart my phone at work and now the update download option is missing (((

any pointers on how to get it back ??????

whoops.. but ok no need to worry. what you can do now is:
    - go to settings, then Apps
    - search for "Google Play Services Frameworks"
    - delete all cached data
    - clear all data
    - "force stop" the app
    - go back to the home screen, clear all background apps (i assume you know how to do it)
    - restart your phone, this time you can do a normal restart or by holding the power button for 12 second (hard reboot)
    - once your phone is back online, check the update again, you should get it back and yeah, go for it!!! but this time, JUST WAIT UNTIL your phone REBOOTS and BACK ONLINE by itself. don't do anything after you proceed with the reboot otherwise, you'll get the same problem again.
    06-08-16 04:00 AM
    Just updated my Priv on Rogers in Canada. Hope it helps, because this device has been trying my patience lately. Lags, and poor battery performance.

A buddy of mine had the exact same issue with his Priv from Rogers when he got the initial Marshmallow update. I downloaded the Autoloader from Thurask's thread here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/

Solved everything, his device is back to normal. Be patient with the fastboot process - you'll see a black screen with green blinking light for what seems like an eternity but it's worth it. Of course, make sure you've backed up everything you need (including sms / call history, eg) as it wipes the device.

I'm wondering if there's something that Rogers has added to the update that's screwing it up?
    06-08-16 05:56 AM
    Nice to see unlocked unbranded Privs all got the update as of today! Feel sorry for VZW & AT&T branded Privs as they're the ones who haven't seen the update.

Now, for those of you running the STV-1, is your build ID also AAF153? For STV-3/4, is your build ID AAF057?

Posted via my PRIV by BlackBerry
    My STV-100-4 has AAF057 it is a carrier supplied device here in the UK.
    06-08-16 06:08 AM
    Just updated my Priv on Rogers in Canada. Hope it helps, because this device has been trying my patience lately. Lags, and poor battery performance.

I don't have any of that on my STV100-4. Sounds like there are too many processes running, can you adjust settings to reduce / kill some of the processes? there is quite a lot of helpful advice on Crackberry.com
    06-08-16 06:14 AM
    Well I wish I never updated. All my MapsWithME have vanished, leaving me stuck in Manila without a map. And it wants me to format my SD card which seems very iffy.
    06-08-16 07:37 AM
    Hey fairhsa, Here is some info on the SD card behaviour after ugrading the MM..

SD card expected behaviour after upgrade to Android 6 Marshmallow on BlackBerry powered by Android devices

OVERVIEW
    After installing Android 6 Marshmallow with a SD card inserted or inserting a new SD card into the BlackBerry smartphone, a toast notification will be presented indicating New SD card detected. When selecting Set Up, two options are presented Use as portable and Use as internal storage. When Use as portable is selected, this option is similar to the behaviour of Android 5 Lollipop and does not require the SD card to be formatted. Should Use as internal storage be selected, this option extends your internal storage of the BlackBerry smartphone.

Warning: Selecting Use as internal storage requires the SD card to be formatted resulting in all data being removed from the SD card.

Previously installed applications to the SD card prior to the Android 6 Marshmallow upgrade will no longer be functional and require to be uninstalled and reinstalled to the internal storage (or reinstalled to the SD card after being formatted as internal storage).
    SD card expected behaviour after upgrade to Android 6 Marshmallow on BlackBerry powered by Android devices

Edit - added link to BlackBerry knowledge base article.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-16 09:04 AM
    Got it too SFR France

Posted via the CrackBerry app on PRIV by BlackBerry
    ah oui vraiment avec le Build AAF153?
    06-08-16 02:30 PM
    What network are you on in the UK
    06-10-16 07:01 AM
    Just got update for July patch on Rogers priv 97 mb

my first foray into droidlandia
    07-15-16 12:40 PM
61 123