Possibly a dumb question but......

Battery is near dead in my trusty priv, and having never swapped phones on an android before...blackberry user since the 8700!! Looking for some help..

I've got a brand new priv I was considering using using in case a battery swap goes very wrong...I'm wondering do I just swap SIM and use the old orig details to get going?

And as it's sat in its box all this time, will it still update from the lollipop or need some help... I have charged it a few times in the past so hopefully it's got a good battery still...

Or....should I maybe just keep this priv tucked away and look at something else maybe...
    Last edited by cactusgreen; 05-24-20 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Spellng
    05-24-20 04:11 AM
    Possibly a dumb question but......

Battery is near dead in my trusty priv, and having never swapped phones on an android before...blackberry user since the 8700!! Looking for some help..

I've got a brand new priv I was considering using using in case a battery swap goes very wrong...I'm wondering do I just swap SIM and use the old orig details to get going?

And as it's sat in its box all this time, will it still update from the lollipop or need some help... I have charged it a few times in the past so hopefully it's got a good battery still...

Or....should I maybe just keep this priv tucked away and look at something else maybe...
    Use the newer PRIV hardware. It's only getting older. Set it up on WiFi only first, upgrade to Marshmallow 6.X next and then, make sure everything is transferred over as much as possible via "the cloud" and only lastly switch over the SIM after backing up the old PRIV one last time.

Start looking for your next Android/iOS device since even the new PRIV is dated now. Eventually, you'll need to move on in the next year or so but enjoy the newer PRIV until then. Also, don't waste your money on any of the BBMo hardware as it's not good value for current prices and it's quickly becoming outdated. I say that as BBAndoid supporter, KEYones and Motion owner, BlackBerry addict. The first personal hardware I purchased from BlackBerry was the AT&T 7290 so I know the feeling of loss.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-20 08:45 AM
    Didnt the 6.X come over the air though? So long ago I forget lol. Yes, starting to begrudgingly look at a replacement, but I actually need the physical keyboard at times.... As I have to wear pretty thick gloves and certainly apple is a non starter as their touch screen won't work at all....surprisingly the priv often does still...
    05-24-20 10:56 AM
    Didnt the 6.X come over the air though? So long ago I forget lol. Yes, starting to begrudgingly look at a replacement, but I actually need the physical keyboard at times.... As I have to wear pretty thick gloves and certainly apple is a non starter as their touch screen won't work at all....surprisingly the priv often does still...
    For me it came OTA but I had AT&T carrier locked on AT&T network the whole time. A certain update towards it's one year anniversary on AT&T made it a practically factory unlocked model but with enhanced calling features still AT&T device supported. This was so BlackBerry could support the PRIV software updates since AT&T was fed up over the whole device and brand. That AT&T handled the KEYone shocks me today.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-20 11:56 AM