Hi All,

Here is my situation. I ride a motorcycle often but don't like leaving my Priv on a handlebar mount. Rain, Sun, Dust etc, not to mention just downright falling off. I have a bluetooth system in my helmet for listening to music, taking calls etc which works wonderfully. My problem is, I don't know who is calling and may want to choose not to answer. I have access to some older devices, Z10, Z30, older Samsung phone. I would like to have one of these devices permanently mounted to my handlebars but have them mirror my Priv. Do any of you know of some sort of Software that would mirror a phone to another phone or even just an app that would act like an Android Wear device that would just have notifications, music control and navigation?

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    J...
    08-08-16 11:40 AM
    PushBullet can mirror notifications from devices:

https://www.pushbullet.com/
    08-08-16 12:08 PM
    Don't think it's possible to mirror incoming calls to another phone. Perhaps edit your ring tone for each caller stating who calling you (John Doe is calling). That way you know who it is calling.

Posted via the Priv for Android
    08-08-16 12:10 PM
    Get a watch remove the straps and somehow connect it on your bike?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    08-08-16 12:16 PM
    Hmm, perhaps maybe try a talking caller ID app? Wouldn't solve your desire to have something permanently mounted, but at least that way you'd know who was calling you.
    08-08-16 12:20 PM
    Thanks for the input. Ironically enough xxjavaxx2001, I considered finding a cheap Android Wear watch and doing just that. Problem is keeping it charged all the time.

Fishhpoohh, Not looking to mirror the actual calls to another phone, just display the caller info on a different phone. Kind of like you would see on bluetooth connected car system where when you get a call, the caller info is displayed on your dash/radio console somewhere. Wish there was an aftermarket display just for this but I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks all,
    J...
    08-12-16 09:35 AM
    What about a cheap gps unit with bluetooth? Perhaps there is one that has call display.

08-13-16 02:00 AM
    Thanks for the input. Ironically enough xxjavaxx2001, I considered finding a cheap Android Wear watch and doing just that. Problem is keeping it charged all the time.

Fishhpoohh, Not looking to mirror the actual calls to another phone, just display the caller info on a different phone. Kind of like you would see on bluetooth connected car system where when you get a call, the caller info is displayed on your dash/radio console somewhere. Wish there was an aftermarket display just for this but I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks all,
    J...
    Get an asus zenwatch 2 long battery life

08-13-16 03:33 AM
    Get an asus zenwatch 2 long battery life

Do these watches/similar work while charging? If so, it could be wired permanently into the system???
    08-13-16 11:05 AM
    Hm don't know if I'm missing something here but I'm doing this all the time: daily driver is a Q10 (hopefully Priv soon) and secondary phone an old Galaxy S3mini (for web browsing and as remote control at home).
    Now if I ignore a call or Telegram message on the Q10, it shows on the old Sammy's notification bar as well and I can take over from there or ignore it as well.
    Is this what you're looking for?
    All it took was a walk to my provider's and ask for a 2nd SIM card (free of charge, both using the same plan). In my user account on the provider's website, I configured the SIMs to act as main and secondary phone and that's it.
    EDIT: removed Whatsapp since that little bugger doesn't allow for multiple device sync (faulty per design)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bberrist; 08-13-16 at 12:48 PM.
    08-13-16 12:30 PM