Someone told best buy on the market is LG G7, that LG G8 just came out so G7 price has dropped and a great buy now. Thoughts?
    06-29-19 02:39 PM
    Never owned one yet from what I've read/heard think it's a pretty decent device. LG's questionable support still continues to be a topic of conversation so you might want to look into that, if it matters to you that is. And the amount of "price drop" will determine whether it's a worthy deal or not.
    06-29-19 02:53 PM
    Someone told best buy on the market is LG G7, that LG G8 just came out so G7 price has dropped and a great buy now. Thoughts?
    When looking at the Android OEMs, there's proprietary and licensed OEMs to choose from. If Google's vision of Android from both sales and support perspective is most important, than buying their proprietary hardware makes the most sense. From there, looking at the other branded OEMs by size will find you hardware with the most universally demanded features with the largest OEMs at top and some really amazing price deals for the specs. As you go down the OEM list by size, unique or less demanded features become the differentiators for the consumers measured by lower sales.

LG is typically #2 or #3 in most developed Western region markets. I would suggest you decide what features are the most important to you. If price is the most important feature, there are lower priced brands sold direct, however, typically, no carrier sales or support.

Good luck and I'd also suggest the Android Central forums if you'd like to further in depth regarding OEMs and their respective features.
    RK_BB likes this.
    06-29-19 03:02 PM
    When looking at the Android OEMs, there's proprietary and licensed OEMs to choose from. If Google's vision of Android from both sales and support perspective is most important, than buying their proprietary hardware makes the most sense. From there, looking at the other branded OEMs by size will find you hardware with the most universally demanded features with the largest OEMs at top and some really amazing price deals for the specs. As you go down the OEM list by size, unique or less demanded features become the differentiators for the consumers measured by lower sales.

LG is typically #2 or #3 in most developed Western region markets. I would suggest you decide what features are the most important to you. If price is the most important feature, there are lower priced brands sold direct, however, typically, no carrier sales or support.

Good luck and I'd also suggest the Android Central forums if you'd like to further in depth regarding OEMs and their respective features.
    Well said!
    06-29-19 05:22 PM
    Thanks for the in depth information, greatly appreciate it!
    06-29-19 10:23 PM
    So I'm guessing you don't want a physical keyboard ?
    06-29-19 10:25 PM
    I say buy a used like new key2. Who knows when the key3 is coming out.
    06-29-19 10:41 PM
    I've gotten to the point that I really never use the PKB on the Priv anymore.
    06-29-19 10:43 PM
    In that case I'd say get a Pixel 3a honestly.
    06-29-19 10:50 PM
    Pixel 3a has some great reviews and around $300 or so is a good price!
    06-30-19 07:36 AM
    after my disaster dtek60, I switched to a oneplus3 and now a oneplus6. great phone at an excellent price point. my son has the new oneplus7. it is big but gorgeous.
    elfabio80 and Mecca EL like this.
    06-30-19 07:43 AM
    after my disaster dtek60, I switched to a oneplus3 and now a oneplus6. great phone at an excellent price point. my son has the new oneplus7. it is big but gorgeous.
    I briefly owned the OP 6 and the only thing I really didn't like about it was the size and weight. It doesn't really feel ergonomic with the thin size, I prefer large flat like the KEY2 and LE or even iPhone SE, it's just easier to grip.
    But some cases can help fix that.
    06-30-19 07:55 AM
    06-30-19 03:15 PM
    I got the LG G7 from Freedom for $6/mo ($144 Canadian Rupees total). For that price, it's a good PRIV replacement. I use Nacho Notch to hide that notch that an A380 could land on, and compromised with an LCD.
    06-30-19 09:12 PM
    I've gotten to the point that I really never use the PKB......
    Don't worry, so has 99.99996% of mobile phone market.
    Byrese likes this.
    07-02-19 10:51 PM
    I'm in the minority .
    07-02-19 10:53 PM
    get the fxtec or planet computers communicator
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    07-03-19 02:03 AM
    I wonder how this could be possible.

Nothing against your comment, but i find it interesting that is a direct contrast to me.

I can count with one hand the amount of times i have used the VKB of my priv in the 3 years i have with it.

I simply CANT withstand vpb
    07-03-19 11:34 PM

I simply CANT withstand vkb
    I can stand it, but it's just so inferior to a PKB (for me) that I simply don't see myself using it.

Seems like you also can't stand going from a 5.4" AMOLED to a 4.5" LCD or you would have upgraded to a KEY a while ago right?
    07-04-19 12:25 AM
    I did use the PKB a lot when first got my Priv, but over time just found it quicker to use the BlackBerry VKB. to each his own.
    07-04-19 06:47 AM
    I did use the PKB a lot when first got my Priv, but over time just found it quicker to use the BlackBerry VKB. to each his own.
    I was the same way. For convenience, over time I found myself using the PKB less and the VKB more and then I transitioned over to DTEK series. Back on a PKB KEYone and VKB XR so I'm confused now.... ;-D
    the_boon likes this.
    07-04-19 09:45 AM
    I can stand it, but it's just so inferior to a PKB (for me) that I simply don't see myself using it.

Seems like you also can't stand going from a 5.4" AMOLED to a 4.5" LCD or you would have upgraded to a KEY a while ago right?
    You are correct.

I dont like the keyone form factor. Something about ti doesnt tick for me. I loved the Q10, which on principle was the same concept.... But it was small and practical. I loved it

The key series dont look good on the eye for me. Maybe is because like you said, i feel im losing too much screen because of the keyboard and the cellphone is big.

The priv is bigger but you can hide the pkb when you are not using it, therefore you can have a full fledged screen. Also i love the look of it and the form factor.

Thats why im waiting for a priv2 because this phone is perfect for me. But it seems it will never happen.
    07-04-19 10:08 AM
    You are correct.

I dont like the keyone form factor. Something about ti doesnt tick for me. I loved the Q10, which on principle was the same concept.... But it was small and practical. I loved it

The key series dont look good on the eye for me. Maybe is because like you said, i feel im losing too much screen because of the keyboard and the cellphone is big.

The priv is bigger but you can hide the pkb when you are not using it, therefore you can have a full fledged screen. Also i love the look of it and the form factor.

Thats why im waiting for a priv2 because this phone is perfect for me. But it seems it will never happen.
    I find that odd. I find my PRIV to heavy compared to my KEYones and yes I do miss the larger screen for picture and video purposes. For actual typing, I feel like I have more screen over the PKB than opened VKB for typing.

For those reasons, I always choose KEYone instead of PRIV although it sits nearby. I think about using it, pick it up, and then, put it down.
    07-04-19 10:26 AM
    I think about using it, pick it up, and then, put it down.
    Haha, basically.

The time you might gain from the Priv's PKB over typing on a slab and correcting errors would be lost by the Priv's slowness.
    07-04-19 10:50 AM
    Haha, basically.

The time you might gain from the Priv's PKB over typing on a slab and correcting errors would be lost by the Priv's slowness.
    But i really cant type and correct faster than the speed the privs processes all this.

Some weeks ago when the priv was heating and very slow, yeh maybe... but after doing some tweaks and cleaning the junk... is back to normal. No issues
    the_boon likes this.
    07-04-19 02:05 PM
51 123