been using mine since december, and yes i do still love it, but at times i get annoyed by its speed/fluency (as i often experience lags when launcing apps or switching between them), battery drainage and heating issues. i expect its hardware to easily handle some heavy usage, but there appears to be an issue with this initial version of android on the priv. i will remain patient until marshmallow comes and hope that things get smoother from then on
    03-28-16 09:21 AM
    Priv users, do you find that social media apps are slow? like facebook etc...any lag/freeze when scrolling? what about watching videos on Youtube or streaming ...also playing games? any issues there?
    03-28-16 08:38 PM
    Is it me or do some app like the hub and what's up take at least 5 to 10 seconds to close when trying to go back to the home screen?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-28-16 08:41 PM
    I got mine 2 weeks ago through Verizon. I haven't had the phone for long, but wanted to say my build quality seems excellent. I do not have any of the sounds or movement in the keyboard, or anywhere for that matter. It is the largest phone I've owned, but it is comfortable in the hand and doesn't feel cumbersome. The screen looks and feels great.

The PKB took me almost a week to get used to.. I've used BB 9930 and then the Q10, and so at first it was frustrating, but now I am just about as fast as ever. I started to use predictive text more and I like it as well..can see getting very quick with it eventually.

I had a Q10 prior to the Priv, and I do miss the functionality of the Hub on BB10. The Priv isn't as efficient for me yet for multitasking, but then again, I need to spend time with it and see how to maximize its potential.

It was very hot and draining battery like crazy the first few days, but I downloaded an app (DU battery saver) and it helps tremendously, and it doesn't get hot anymore. I cannot say how much power is left on a typical day since I'm never consistent with starting on a full charge in the morning.

Good luck with whatever you get, and hth!
    03-28-16 10:39 PM
    Yes, same for me. I haven't had the phone long, so I was hoping it was something that could be resolved once I get more familiar with the phone.. I miss the speed of hub on my old Q10 when I'm in the middle of emails and calls.. there is a lag sometimes with the Priv.
    03-28-16 10:42 PM
    Priv users, do you find that social media apps are slow? like facebook etc...any lag/freeze when scrolling? what about watching videos on Youtube or streaming ...also playing games? any issues there?
    No, they work very fast for me ,no lag or freeze!
    laid-back likes this.
    03-30-16 01:12 PM
    I got mine on att launch day. I honestly like it more and more every day. Each app update and security patch seems to make it a bit more fluid. I really think it'll be a 3year device like my z10 was.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    03-30-16 01:34 PM
    No issues for me. I regularly use Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter. No issues.

Now, since one of the BB Launcher updates, I have some delays when going back to the home screen after closing an app. This happens off and on, when closing the Hub, Textra, and random other apps. Seems a Launcher issue, though, not those apps.
    03-30-16 02:02 PM
    get either a samsung galaxy s7 or iphone 6s+ because the battery of 6s+ lasts for almost two days.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 02:07 PM
    get either a samsung galaxy s7 or iphone 6s+ because the battery of 6s+ lasts for almost two days.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, if you're only texting, maybe. There is no smart phone available right now that will last two full days with moderate use of all of it's features.
    03-30-16 03:36 PM
    Bought it at launch (November), no second thoughts about it.

Although, this is my first Android phone.
    me too and still loving it.
    03-30-16 04:10 PM
    I used to shop for new phones constantly because I wanted better features. Since I bought my Priv on launch day, I don't bother shopping anymore. It has everything I want and need in a device plus after having a physical keyboard, there's no way I'll buy another phone without one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    03-30-16 04:24 PM
    No issues for me. I regularly use Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter. No issues.

Now, since one of the BB Launcher updates, I have some delays when going back to the home screen after closing an app. This happens off and on, when closing the Hub, Textra, and random other apps. Seems a Launcher issue, though, not those apps.
    Great, glad to see it is working well for most people.
    that lag will likely get fixed with an update
    03-30-16 09:12 PM
    Had my Priv for 3 months. Have trouble putting it down. My only wish is a Backup solution that covers everything on my Priv. So far haven't found it.

Wezard likes this.
    03-30-16 09:23 PM
    I have had mine since November. Do I love it? Yes!
    04-22-16 08:01 PM
    Great phone... and this is coming from someone who does not like Android in general.
    Even better after Marshmallow...

04-22-16 08:29 PM
    Still gets hot for fairly light use. Good cameras. Hub still as ugly as ever, very difficult to attach files unlike BB10

04-22-16 08:40 PM
    Hi,

I can't believe I'm saying this, I would suggest not getting a Priv until marshmallow comes out,

The heating and battery drain will cause you to become frustrated,

How ever, this phone is the best phone for texting and social media in my opinion and the multi tasking and interface blackberry have put in here is outstanding,

The hub is good, but people must understand that it's an APP and needs to be left OPEN so we can go in and out of it when we please.

If you close the hubb and re open it all the time.. Well.. You going to experience 2 seconds of lag..

But the choice is yours.. If blackberry fixes the heating and battery (apparently they have with marshmallow) then Its a split choice between s7 and priv.

My 5 cents.
    04-23-16 07:08 AM
68 123