Does the priv offer lock screen notifications? If not is there an android app available that does something similar?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-07-15 10:23 PM
    Does the priv offer lock screen notifications? If not is there an android app available that does something similar?

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry hasn't changed anything, I would imagine they're standard 5.1.1 built-in settings. All, hide sensitive, none, and can be set per app. On most androids there's other lock screens that can be installed but they ask for a frightening number of permissions being that they access many system hooks to display info.

Standard Lollipop settings:

Lock screen notifications?-screenshot_2015-11-07-23-40-13.jpg
    nokia4life and 312 like this.
    11-07-15 11:47 PM
    Yes it has lock screen notifications
    11-08-15 12:15 AM
    I see the toggle for "Hide sensitive notification content" in the Sound & notification settings, but there is no option for each app to designate as sensitive or not. Has anyone else found this?
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-11-15 06:38 PM
    I posted about this as well. Here's your answer: 'CM locker' in the play store. Trust me and try it! I tried a few other top rated ones. This is the best IMO.
    11-11-15 06:59 PM
    I see the toggle for "Hide sensitive notification content" in the Sound & notification settings, but there is no option for each app to designate as sensitive or not. Has anyone else found this?
    It's right below that in Apps. Bear in mind this works for notifications on the whole, not just lock screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Lock screen notifications?-1447292016221.jpg   Lock screen notifications?-1447292062317.jpg  
    11-11-15 07:34 PM
    Strange. Mine does not look like this in Sound and notification. The sensitivity choices are a popup from "When device is locked" option and there is no availability in individual apps for "Sensitive", just "Block" and "Priority".
    11-12-15 10:43 AM
    Strange. Mine does not look like this in Sound and notification. The sensitivity choices are a popup from "When device is locked" option and there is no availability in individual apps for "Sensitive", just "Block" and "Priority".
    One would think BlackBerry would have left that included.
    11-12-15 11:29 AM
    One would think BlackBerry would have left that included.
    It wasn't removed. It's still there. You can mark individual apps as sensitive. It's a standard android feature.
    11-16-15 12:44 AM
    It wasn't removed. It's still there. You can mark individual apps as sensitive. It's a standard android feature.
    I'm aware it's a standard android feature, I posted screenshots. I'm curious to know, and quite possibly others as well, if it's been removed - since I'm one of those that doesn't own a Priv, I'm relying on others to inform me of what it can and can't do. James L99 says it's missing from the Priv, if you're saying it's still there then James could use an instructional on making it happen.
    11-16-15 01:40 AM
    I'm aware it's a standard android feature, I posted screenshots. I'm curious to know, and quite possibly others as well, if it's been removed - since I'm one of those that doesn't own a Priv, I'm relying on others to inform me of what it can and can't do. James L99 says it's missing from the Priv, if you're saying it's still there then James could use an instructional on making it happen.
    Up until recently I was the Product Manager for Notifications experiences on BlackBerry devices (Now focusing exclusively on Hub! It keeps me more than busy...). I can see it running on my device, and I know this wasn't an area we customized.

I have to double check, but I believe you need to set your lock screen notifications to "Hide sensitive notification content" once for that feature to show up, since if showing "all" it won't ever redact anything.
    11-17-15 11:10 AM