I have been having (even prior to MM Update) issues with the screen not locking on its own. I'm sometimes able to access the phone without putting the pin on the pin screen first. I really don't like this happening as it makes the phone less secure. Is there a cause for this? and even more important, is there a fix for this?
    07-17-16 10:48 PM
    It could be an app keeping it open through I believe it's called smart lock it's in the security tab under smartlock

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-17-16 10:58 PM
    Perfect, thanks
    07-17-16 11:16 PM
    I use Smart Lock both in my Car and in my home. You can assign "safe" Bluetooth devices and if the phone is paired and connected to one of them it can prevent it from locking. I'm paired with my car's audio and at home, I was able to pair it with a cordless phone where I can use the cordless phone to answer my cell - so since they are paired, that prevents the lock. And there are other options. But usually you would have to engage/enable these functions.

Or could it be some app that is preventing the phone from locking?
    07-17-16 11:18 PM
    I have been having (even prior to MM Update) issues with the screen not locking on its own. I'm sometimes able to access the phone without putting the pin on the pin screen first. I really don't like this happening as it makes the phone less secure. Is there a cause for this? and even more important, is there a fix for this?
    Try picture password, it's by far the most simple and awesome way to have your phone locked/unlocked.
    Either way as far as I remember you can setup the lock protection to be instant, as soon as you lock the phone or be activated after, let's say 10 seconds or 15. Maybe that is the setting you have and that is the reason why you are able to unlock the phone without the pin, anyway the pin is boring, try picture password.
    07-18-16 03:45 AM
    For a while now I'm having the problem, that my Smart Lock doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

Sometimes I never have to unlock the phone, even if I'm not in secured places that I saved in the settings.
    And sometimes I always have to unlock the phone, even in secured places....

Does anybody else have that problem as well?

My boyfriend's Samsung sometimes has the same problem, maybe it's Android-based?
    04-14-17 10:08 AM
    Can't answer your question, but, mine occasionally will lock when in a trusted place AND connected to a trusted device. Not often though.
    And I think I recall something about it locking if no activity within ? (4) hours. That doesn't happen either, or if it does, it's sporadic and explains the first sentence of mine.
    04-14-17 11:00 AM
    For a while now I'm having the problem, that my Smart Lock doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

Sometimes I never have to unlock the phone, even if I'm not in secured places that I saved in the settings.
    And sometimes I always have to unlock the phone, even in secured places....

Does anybody else have that problem as well?

My boyfriend's Samsung sometimes has the same problem, maybe it's Android-based?
    I would try a reboot.
    04-14-17 11:58 AM
    Yes, I have heard as well, that the phone locks when not used for a longer time. But it is even locked, when I used it just a few minutes ago.

Maybe a silly question, but to be sure: reboot doesn't delete all my data? Reboot is the thing I can do with the power button if pressed longer?
    04-14-17 01:07 PM
    Yes, I have heard as well, that the phone locks when not used for a longer time. But it is even locked, when I used it just a few minutes ago.

Maybe a silly question, but to be sure: reboot doesn't delete all my data? Reboot is the thing I can do with the power button if pressed longer?
    A reboot does not delete any data. It should be perfectly safe. You probably don't need Safe Mode but it is part of my auto-texting!

Here are the methods:

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    04-14-17 02:02 PM
    I have that issue too. I checked every setting including smartlock. There seems to be some other problems.
    04-15-17 01:39 AM