Hi,

I don't use gmail, and I don't have synced calendars in my actual email accounts. I have always used the "local" calendar account to make entries in BB10.

Now with the Priv, if I want to make a calendar entry, it asks me to add an email account for it or it won't let me do anything.

Why did they not add a local account? Without it, the calendar app is just useless and I really need to add entries to it.

Or is there a way to do it and I am just too stupid to figure it out?
    nycinderella likes this.
    12-14-15 09:31 PM
    I too to have always used the unsynced local calendar on my blackberry for events that I did not want to share. I finally came up with a simple solution for the PRIV.

I created a new BBM Group and named it local. I am the only member. When I create a calendar event that group will show in the calendar accounts and can be selected before saving the event.

It works just fine.

BlackBerry PRIV
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    nycinderella likes this.
    01-03-16 10:46 AM
    This is a huge issue for me. I have my own domain name as my official company email. There are no calendar associated with my [email protected] so I cannot accept meeting requests from my clients. I do have other calendars but my clients expect me to reply to their meeting requests from my company email. On BB10 this worked fine with the local calendar. BlackBerry is supposed to be for business. So BlackBerry please solve this for your small business customers.

01-03-16 11:05 AM
    Hmmm, that is a different issue.

Have you already tried to set up a calDAV account for your business email?

BlackBerry PRIV
    01-03-16 12:05 PM
    Same issue. After an hour with support, NO WAY! Priv does not support a 'Local Calendar', period.

You cannot accept/reject meeting invitations received in BB Hub unless the receiving email domain's mail server supports "CalDAV" (whatever that is). Unless someone comes up with a workaround, PRIV is, sadly, heading back to RIM and we go back to Torch/BIS (works like a charm).

Our setup is simple. 8 Different private email accounts with lots of meeting requests. No Google ID, no need for app store or other Google 'services'.
    01-03-16 12:14 PM
    I too to have always used the unsynced local calendar on my blackberry for events that I did not want to share. I finally came up with a simple solution for the PRIV.

I created a new BBM Group and named it local. I am the only member. When I create a calendar event that group will show in the calendar accounts and can be selected before saving the event.

It works just fine.

BlackBerry PRIV
    Hey, thanks. I never subscribe to threads so I was not notified. Gonna have to figure out how to do a group, since I just use regular BBM with only one contact. I have been calendarless all this time.
    Last edited by Yassbittar; 01-25-16 at 10:48 PM.
    01-25-16 10:24 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what does the Content Transfer Tool do with local calendar data when you transfer data from BB10 to the Priv?

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    01-25-16 10:30 PM
    In my case I use Gmail. When I used the BlackBerry Transfer App to set up my PRIV I ended up with duplicate entries after my Gmail calendar synced. It was not a big deal as the Hub established a separate account for Transfers and you can hide it in Calendar settings.

BlackBerry PRIV
    01-26-16 06:27 AM
    But I'm curious if the transfer app brings Local calendar entries over since people are reporting that there's no option for Local calendar in the Priv's calendar app.

01-26-16 11:29 AM
    In my case I use Gmail. When I used the BlackBerry Transfer App to set up my PRIV I ended up with duplicate entries after my Gmail calendar synced. It was not a big deal as the Hub established a separate account for Transfers and you can hide it in Calendar settings.

BlackBerry PRIV
    Or dies the Content Transfer app bring local calendar entries brought over into this "Transfer" account. And. If so, does it dump all entries into this "Transfer" account even if some are local and some are in Outlook calendar?

Also, I use MS Outlook to sync my local calendar and my phone has a calendar account (separate from local calendar) called "Laptop" which syncs to Outlook. What's going to happen with these? And will I still have the ability to sync with Outlook?

01-26-16 11:35 AM
    I don't have an answer for that. When I transfered it showed in a transfer account. However when I tried to set up a local account it always insists on an email address.

It is possible that I could have just continued adding records to the transfer account and used it as a local account.

What I have is working for me so not going to mess with it now. :-)

BlackBerry PRIV
    01-26-16 11:40 AM