Couldn't it be more like a landscape QWERTY slider like the Droid 3? That would be amazing!!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:01 AM
    Sure it could have been... but that isn't what they showed, and most users (that want a physically keyboard) prefer one handed functionality and the slider should provide that.
    03-10-15 08:09 AM
    I've had both vertical and horizontal sliders and to me vertical/portrait is the way to go. Beyond one handed use (I use 2 hands regardless) the times you'll be using the PKB you'll want the screen oriented vertically. Just works better than way when messaging/emailing/whatever. I liked my Motorola slider (outside the hideous battery life) but I definitely preferred the orientation of the 9810.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:29 AM
    Arghh barf bllllaaaaa landscape keyboards suck so bad.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:56 AM
    I think perception comes into play here as well. There have been a lot of "entry level" phones with a landscape slide out keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:25 AM
    I think perception comes into play here as well. There have been a lot of "entry level" phones with a landscape slide out keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    That's what killed sliders IMO. Samsung and all those Gravity models with the loose sliding mechanisms. And the LG Rumour...the original was solid but the later ones (Rumour Touch, Rumour Reflex) had that cheap/flimsy feel.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 11:55 AM
    Have any of you actually used a feature phone that had a virtual keyboard? Or even a low end droid? It's basically unusable and that's why all those feature phones have crappy slide out keyboards.

Those horizontal or landscape keyboards must be used two handed and that is a no no in my book.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:37 PM
    But the Motorola Droid 1 was famous those days. Was it because or although it had a keyboard? I think there should be at least ONE high end qwerty slider.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:45 PM
    I'd like to see a high quality landscape slider. the larger keys and wider display would make up for the two handed operation, imho.

When you are doing serious text entry on a phone you are going to go two handed anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    03-10-15 05:23 PM
    Sure no!
    I hate these keyboards it's like having a small laptop

CB10 - Q10
    03-10-15 05:27 PM
    But the Motorola Droid 1 was famous those days. Was it because or although it had a keyboard? I think there should be at least ONE high end qwerty slider.

Posted via CB10
    Word prediction was an afterthought in those days. Typing on original Iphone was literally a chore. It was everything else on the Iphone that made it a success not the keyboarding. The original Android demo phones were PKB so the landscape slider on the OG Droid had a straight lineage to that.
    03-10-15 05:40 PM
    I'd like to see a high quality landscape slider. the larger keys and wider display would make up for the two handed operation, imho.

When you are doing serious text entry on a phone you are going to go two handed anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    Needs to be a Zeddy-type slider, for it to have any mass market appeal. I hope BlackBerry are getting it right this time.

ZZZZZLIDER!

(I've used my share of landscape sliders, it's portrait now, slab + kb has most likely superseded the earlier (?) form factor now...)

  Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....  
    03-10-15 08:48 PM
    A landscape slider would create a need for two hand typing though. Easier as a vertical because you don't need both hands.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:57 PM
    And don't forget that BB10 isn't fully optimized for landscape operation either....
    03-11-15 11:12 AM
    Word prediction was an afterthought in those days. Typing on original Iphone was literally a chore. It was everything else on the Iphone that made it a success not the keyboarding. The original Android demo phones were PKB so the landscape slider on the OG Droid had a straight lineage to that.
    Yup the first real mass market droid phone on tmobile had the vert slider and arrow keys etc.

Iphones keyboard sucked but it was the best of the virtual keyboards at the time

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 03:02 PM