So i've had a BB my entire life, always resisted the urge to leave, but I finally gave in right before a European trip in October and used my ATT upgrade to get the Edge 6 +. It's now 45 days later and I still can't type a single word correctly, when i used to be able to fly through my BB without making a single mistake. As much as i enjoyed BB my entire adult life, my Q10 truly was garbage, and it was time to try something new. I am in love with the camera, android, etc., on the Edge 6 +, but I just can't get over the keyboard and the fact that I can't type anything correctly. I guess the two questions i have are....

1. Does the Priv fit well in the hand balance wise ? Does the slider make a huge difference from how perfectly the Q10 sat in the hand ? The Edge + is so top heavy and it's impossible to use one handed.

2. Since i'm out of the 30 day return window to return the Samsung, i'm guessing i'm going to have to buy the Priv at top dollar because my upgrade promo as been used ? Do i have any options besides eating the $299 for the Samsung and then buying the Prive for whatever it costs ?
    11-03-15 03:29 PM
    So i've had a BB my entire life, always resisted the urge to leave, but I finally gave in right before a European trip in October and used my ATT upgrade to get the Edge 6 +. It's now 45 days later and I still can't type a single word correctly, when i used to be able to fly through my BB without making a single mistake. As much as i enjoyed BB my entire adult life, my Q10 truly was garbage, and it was time to try something new. I am in love with the camera, android, etc., on the Edge 6 +, but I just can't get over the keyboard and the fact that I can't type anything correctly. I guess the two questions i have are....

1. Does the Priv fit well in the hand balance wise ? Does the slider make a huge difference from how perfectly the Q10 sat in the hand ? The Edge + is so top heavy and it's impossible to use one handed.

2. Since i'm out of the 30 day return window to return the Samsung, i'm guessing i'm going to have to buy the Priv at top dollar because my upgrade promo as been used ? Do i have any options besides eating the $299 for the Samsung and then buying the Prive for whatever it costs ?
    The Priv is definitely larger than the Q10, but everyone who has held the Priv has said it feels comfortable and balanced. I had the same experience today with a dummy unit at a local carrier's store.
    11-03-15 03:34 PM
    in just a few days you will be able to judge for urself. holding the phone is different from one user to another...since u sound like you use the keyboard a lot, i think you should try it for urself better than basing ur decision on others.
    11-03-15 03:35 PM
    Thanks for the responses. Yes, i type alot for work and completely underestimated how hard the touch keyboard is. Thought i could adapt, but just never could.
    11-03-15 03:39 PM
    Download an app called swift key, will fix your typing problems on the s6

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 03:39 PM
    swift key ? really that is actually the worst advice yet.

toad305 I'm sorry you miss the keyboard experience, I have been BB10 user for many years and I'm in love with blackberry virtual keyboard. I can't wait to try it on the priv.

Since you are looking at the physical keyboard, I suggest you wait and try to find a demo unit in the stores before trying to buy it.

You already spent money on the Edge, if you like the priv that much and want to buy it, then you could sell your Edge on kijiji, ebay or craglist and buy the Priv. It's known Samsung products price does not last long and drops quickly so you will have to sell it fast!
    11-03-15 03:57 PM
    How so? Ive been avidly using swift key for many years now since its beta stage. Its one of the best on screen keyboards out there. I turn off the flow because I dont like to swype my keyboard. But its extremely accurate in its predictions when it learns your patterns.
    11-03-15 04:21 PM
    Thanks, this is probably the best thing to do.

toad305 I'm sorry you miss the keyboard experience, I have been BB10 user for many years and I'm in love with blackberry virtual keyboard. I can't wait to try it on the priv.

Since you are looking at the physical keyboard, I suggest you wait and try to find a demo unit in the stores before trying to buy it.

You already spent money on the Edge, if you like the priv that much and want to buy it, then you could sell your Edge on kijiji, ebay or craglist and buy the Priv. It's known Samsung products price does not last long and drops quickly so you will have to sell it fast!
    11-03-15 04:34 PM
    Download an app called swift key, will fix your typing problems on the s6

Posted via CB10
    This does not fix for everyone. I tried swift keys on my S5. It sucks.
    11-03-15 04:37 PM
    Anyone coming a pkb or vkb from bb10 will know how crappy swift is.
    11-03-15 05:09 PM
    This does not fix for everyone. I tried swift keys on my S5. It sucks.
    Not for me. It is the only keyboard I use on my s5

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-03-15 05:13 PM
    Buy the priv sell your note. I'm currently using a Galaxy s6 I just got around the same time and that's what I'll be doing selling it as soon as the priv is available.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-03-15 07:07 PM
    Similarly, I tried sammy note 3 and note 4 to replace the bb. Tried months typing on the vkb, with swiftkey, which slowed me down due to correcting errors, in the end I concluded nothing beats pkb. Vkb software 'control' what we type, whereas pkb we control what we want to type. Abrv and slang are so much easier with pkb.

So short story, I ended up with Passport a year ago and Note went to drawer as spare. I couldn't be happier back to pkb. Passport suits me well. I am still buying Priv to replace the Note. Pkb suits me well and I am sure many other enjoys it too.

Ignore those few hundred bucks difference. What's few hundred bucks compare to the happiness and efficiency of controlling what you want to type. Those few hundred buck is really nothing when you spread it to the entire time you will be using the phone. So my friendly suggestion is either Passport or maybe Priv. I will reserve my opinion on Priv until I have one on my hand.
    11-03-15 08:16 PM