So to those that have a Priv and is using it as their main phone.... What's next? I know that question can be kind of vague as we don't know what all smartphones are releasing in the future. I just thought it would be cool to see what people want in their next phone. Me personally I am loyal to blackberry because of the pkb. Coming from BB10 I can't go back not not having apps or trying to work around to get them. I plan on keeping my Priv until sometime in 2018. I would like for my next phone to have

1. PKB
    2. USB-c connection
    3. Waterproof
    4. Note size screen (would prefer passport 2 please)
    5. Top tier battery life on a phone.

So my question is it possible to see a bb branded device with these inclusion in 2018? Or will I be looking to another manufacturer for my next phone?

I welcome my stalker
    09-15-16 07:43 AM
    you will be moving to another company for your next phone. BB isn't going to find it economically feasible to create another high-end phone. you've seen the last from them. They will push out mid to low end devices for corporate use.
    IndianTiwari and andy957 like this.
    09-15-16 07:55 AM
    you will be moving to another company for your next phone. BB isn't going to find it economically feasible to create another high-end phone. you've seen the last from them. They will push out mid to low end devices for corporate use.
    I hate to say it, but chances are that you are right.

Hopefully they find a way to sell a high-end device with a pkb. Maybe through licencing or another way.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-15-16 08:10 AM
    Mercury (if the keyboard is on par with the old ones)
    09-15-16 08:15 AM
    Who knows what 2018 will bring. I would hope that the pkb devices of BlackBerry Android will still be around to meet the wants that you specify. By that time you probably will be able to get what you want in a mid-range phone. Prices should decrease as the market is saturated and people hold on to their devices for longer.

Priv should be upgradable to Nougat, so maybe you will just keep the Priv.
    09-15-16 08:32 AM
    I have been eyeing up the LG V20 now. Looks like a powerhouse of a phone.

One thing the PRIV has shown me is that I can get away with typing on a touchscreen. Will I miss the keyboard? Absolutely! If BlackBerry were to keep making high end phones then I wouldn't even be thinking about the LG. However, they are not staying competitive enough to keep my attention.
    Alas, the LG V20. I will probably hold onto my PRIV for a little while just in case I am disappointed.
    But hey, BlackBerry, you make an update to the PRIV then I will be all over that!
    Aquila1 likes this.
    09-15-16 08:46 AM
    Yeah I doubt another high end from BlackBerry also.

I welcome my stalker
    09-15-16 09:27 AM
    If no high-end phone from BlackBerry then my next phone will probably be the OnePlus 5 or 6 or whatever the number will be at that time. And with the ability to have the Hub+ and probably the BlackBerry keyboard as well for all Android devices, I think I would get along fine.
    vpblaze and Nels like this.
    09-15-16 11:43 AM
    I have a Priv, but also a Passport and Classic and found the perfect work around on the BB10 devices that let's me use the Play Store at will, so there isn't any app gap there on those beloved devices. There is NOTHING out there like BlackBerry 10, nothing. I use the Priv because I am all BlackBerry and give a sh** less about M6 on the Priv, but because my hands are small. Bottom line is that anything BlackBerry I love forever... Having no native file manager on M6 is frustrating too and I've got a whole list behind that one. But... My gratitude is always there for BlackBerry to keep making phones to enrich and better the lives of all of us!

eelect likes this.
    09-15-16 11:59 AM
    I have a Priv, but also a Passport and Classic and found a perfect work around on the BB10 devices that let's me use the Play Store at will, so there isn't any app gap there on those beloved devices. There is NOTHING out there lime BlackBerry 10, nothing. I use the Priv because I am all BlackBerry and give a sh** less about M6 on the Priv. I use it because my hands are small too. Bottom line is that anything BlackBerry I love forever and ten eternities...

Perfect?

Run Snapchat and get back to me.
    zephyr613 and Carjackd like this.
    09-15-16 12:01 PM
    I'd rather BBM with all due respect... Snapchat is full of flaws too numerous to mention...

09-15-16 12:07 PM
    I'd rather BBM with all due respect... Snapchat is full of flaws too numerous to mention...

Regardless what you think of it, the fact some major app like Snapchat (among others) is broken on BB10 means that the jury-rigged Play Store isn't as perfect as you claim.
    Carjackd and newcollector like this.
    09-15-16 12:09 PM
    It is if you run Google Services which you can. A lot of the apps need Google Play services, and then even without it, the apps get done what you need, if your just running the GP�...

09-15-16 01:02 PM
    I am frequently tempted to return to the passport which still is functional despite some who are chat dependent...
    09-15-16 01:25 PM
    The possibility of a wholly handset independent calling capable smartwatch interests me... then the Passport would emerge from retirement replacing the Priv
    09-15-16 01:28 PM
    If we can no longer buy blackberry phones in the future, and have to buy all touch devices, then I would probably buy a Sony. They are pretty OK I guess

Straight from my sweet Priv's physical keyboard
    09-15-16 02:14 PM
    OP. Waterproofing the keyboard may be a challenge along with it continuing to work properly (sticky keys) after it got wet.

I have yet to take apart my Priv to see if a slider is also a challenge to waterproof.

I guess this is why my phones get insured for at least the first year.

Posted via PRIV on Verizon - not as good as my Passport but getting there
    09-15-16 02:44 PM
    Priv 2

Nels, Carjackd, Sigewif and 2 others like this.
    09-15-16 02:46 PM
    I had been considering a Google Project ARA phone with a landscape / slider keyboard PKB module as my next phone to play around and experiment with. But Google (errr 'Alphabet') recently killed that. And now that I'm returning my Priv under my credit card's 90 day return protection (see my recent thread), I think I've given up the ghost on physical keyboards.

I'll probably switch temporarily to the ZTE Zmax Pro for $40 (USB C, fingerprint reader, 32 GB built-in storage, Snapdragon 617), and then maybe to one of the mid-range near-flagship spec phones in the $300-$400 range:

* Huawei Honor 8,
    * ZTE Axon 7
    * Xiaomi Mi 5
    * ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe (if the price is lower than reported, or if not, the regular Zenfone 3)

or wait for:
    * OnePlus 4,
    * Nexus 6P after the Pixel XL / Marlin is released.
    Last edited by Aquila1; 09-15-16 at 03:27 PM.
    09-15-16 03:15 PM
    Anything with a track record of quick security updates.

Avenzuno, zephyr613 and FF22 like this.
    09-15-16 03:18 PM
    Anything with a track record of quick security updates.

From your mouth to Verizon's ears!
    zephyr613, mmcclure0453 and FF22 like this.
    09-15-16 03:22 PM
    updated priv 2 for me
    Sigewif likes this.
    09-15-16 04:32 PM
    I would love to see BlackBerry make another (highend)phone, and I think it could happen but they probably would outsource it like the dtek. The new modular moto phones are cool though. No keyboards though. 😢
    09-15-16 04:41 PM
    Has anyone tried the VKB of blackberry on another android phone. Even though I am a PKB guy I prefer BlackBerry VKB over all the othersm

I welcome my stalker
    09-16-16 08:24 AM
    Life after PRIV?

Considering all the headaches using the device, however wonderful, on Verizon's crappy, insecure network I am really thinking about just getting a chip implanted that will work with Blend over port 187446 using AES 2048 as a start.
    09-16-16 08:31 AM
62 123