I haven't really seen a thread for this yet, but as an alternative to most of the (recurring) threads focusing on one issue after another, let's try to balance that out with some positive.

What are your favorite apps for the Priv?

There are obviously many Android apps, and if you're already an Android user before picking up the Priv (as I was), you might even have some you've always used on your phones. I look at things differently though. There were apps I've used that just "fit" better with some of my phones as opposed to others. So, if possible, I want to think in terms of what maximizes the usefulness of specifically the Priv, what especially plays well with it, while also complementing its sleek, professional aesthetic.

(1) Minimalist Text - this is a must for me (see 1st screenshot, of clock on the home screen - it made the clock). It can be hard to customize if you're turning to it for the first time, but once you figure it out, you can do some great things with it. I've been using it across multiple phones, but I moved away from it on my last two. I brought it back when using the Priv because it seems to play off of the sophistication of the Priv.

(2) Apex Launcher - There's nothing wrong with the BB launcher, and I'm not necessarily endorsing the Apex Launcher specifically, but experimenting with launchers is a great way to experience what Android has to offer. With a launcher, the customizations are endless. As you can see in my screenshots, I actually did away altogether with the "Dock" at the bottom, and I programmed my "Home" button to pull up my App Drawer only if I'm on the Home Screen. Speaking of which, the App Drawer itself is as clean as it gets (see 3rd screenshot). Swiping up brings up my Dialer, Browser, or Messaging Service. These subtle changes really clean up my Home Screen. I personally prefer a clutter free work area. As an alternative, some of you might dig something like Smart Launcher.

(3) Ministocks - If you like to follow the market, this app has a nice minimalist widget (see 2nd screenshot). It's very simple, and there are better stock market apps out there, like Yahoo! Finance or TD Ameritrade, but for the simplicity of the widget, I prefer Ministocks. If I want more in-depth analysis or options, I just open one of the aforementioned alternatives. I just use Ministocks for quick, on-the-go updates straight from one of my screens.

(4) Delectable - Into the world of fine wine? Delectable is an amazing app. It's a combination of a wine resource / database with Twitter-like social media. You can review wines yourself, follow people, look at user reviews, look at professional reviews, etc., all within a slick interface. It doesn't get much better than Delectable for the oenophile.

(5) CamScanner - This app has saved me so much time and anxiety. Ever had someone send you a document that needed to be signed and faxed back? Stress out about finding a fax machine or getting to a Kinko's? Those days are over. Simply print out the document, sign it, use CamScanner, which will convert it into a PDF, and e-mail it right back to sender. Problem solved! You can also scan things like receipts so that you can discard your shoebox before tax season even begins.

(6) HERE Maps - I know what you're thinking. "But what about Google Maps?" I agree wholeheartedly. Google Maps is generally fantastic. However, occasionally we lose signal or go on that vacation to the mountains where there somehow manages to be no service, and when this happens, things can get tricky as far as navigation goes. Sometimes you can get lucky, but sometimes you won't. HERE, by Nokia, is the ultimate backup navigation. Why? HERE offers OFFLINE navigation. There is no requirement to have any service in order to use HERE. It's saved my rear a few times. The only "catch" is that you need to download your areas in advance, which does require a data connection. If I'm going to travel though, I usually take the time to download those states where I'll be passing through and visiting. Contingency plans make life better.

(7) Google Wallet - You like security, right? Well get a physical Google Wallet card and manage it with your Wallet app. The card is backed by Mastercard, which means it's accepted everywhere Mastercard is. With the app, you can link up other credit, debit, and rewards cards, and you can use those to load money on to the Wallet card. This effectively makes it like a super convenient pre-paid card, and if you're loading it from your checking account, there are no fees. This means you have fraud protection through Mastercard, and if perchance anyone did manage to steal your info, they would only have access to the amount you preloaded. Since the app can also notify you every single time a transaction has taken place, you'll know immediately whether it was you. In a pickle? Usually transferring your funds takes less than 2 minutes before the card is ready to go. One time, Google even made a mistake about my available funds, one that I didn't even catch. What'd they do? Corrected it, e-mailed me, and gave me an extra $10 for the inconvenience. Would your bank do that? Didn't think so. The Wallet card and app have actually replaced my debit card entirely.

What about you? What are your favorites on the Priv and why?
    Attached Thumbnails Let's Talk Apps-screenshot_2015-11-19-23-25-20.jpg   Let's Talk Apps-screenshot_2015-11-19-23-26-08.jpg   Let's Talk Apps-screenshot_2015-11-19-23-26-46.jpg  
    Last edited by d a elliott; 11-19-15 at 11:35 PM.
    11-19-15 11:15 PM
    I dont have the Priv but i'm using Action Launcher right now. Blackberry actually ripped off a feature from Action Launcher for their own one! the widget pop up from icons feature.

Hooks is a fantastic app. It sends you notifications for various things. For example, i have it set to notify me when comedy shows are created in my town so i can buy tickets. And i also have it to let me know when certain bands have organised gigs near me.

Snapseed is a great photo editor. I'd recommend that if you use the camera on the Priv a lot.

Now i'm on Android i actually use less apps then i did on BB10 lol
    11-19-15 11:30 PM
    Appreciate this topic. I'm new to Android so app ideas are more than welcome. Anyone know a good weather app out there? There are too many options on the Android store to pick.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    11-19-15 11:33 PM
    Appreciate this topic. I'm new to Android so app ideas are more than welcome. Anyone know a good weather app out there? There are too many options on the Android store to pick.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    Weather Timeline is one of the best. But i think its paid.

Yahoo Weather is actually quite good too and free and i've heard good things about weather now.

If you fancy something different and a bit juvenile check out the grumpy weather widget :P
    tw1g_007 likes this.
    11-19-15 11:37 PM
    (6) HERE Maps - I know what you're thinking. "But what about Google Maps?" I agree wholeheartedly. Google Maps is generally fantastic. However, occasionally we lose signal or go on that vacation to the mountains where there somehow manages to be no service, and when this happens, things can get tricky as far as navigation goes. Sometimes you can get lucky, but sometimes you won't. HERE, by Nokia, is the ultimate backup navigation. Why? HERE offers OFFLINE navigation. There is no requirement to have any service in order to use HERE. It's saved my rear a few times. The only "catch" is that you need to download your areas in advance, which does require a data connection. If I'm going to travel though, I usually take the time to download those states where I'll be passing through and visiting. Contingency plans make life better.
    I agree ... here maps is good. But please do know that google maps also has a feature to save the maps offline, its not like Here maps though. You can save only a small area at a time.
    11-19-15 11:41 PM
    I agree ... here maps is good. But please do know that google maps also has a feature to save the maps offline, its not like Here maps though. You can save only a small area at a time.
    I think thats been reinstated to google maps recently and every area hasnt reached it yet.

I liked Here Maps but having 2 maps was draining so i just stick with google maps
    11-19-15 11:44 PM
    Weather Timeline is one of the best. But i think its paid.

Yahoo Weather is actually quite good too and free and i've heard good things about weather now.

If you fancy something different and a bit juvenile check out the grumpy weather widget :P
    Will definitely check out Weather Timeline. Don't mind paid if it gets frequent updates and is accurate with tons of weather details. Thanks for the suggestion.

11-20-15 12:01 AM
    Will definitely check out Weather Timeline. Don't mind paid if it gets frequent updates and is accurate with tons of weather details. Thanks for the suggestion.

With Android you can buy an app, and then have 15 minutes to get an automatic refund. So try it straight away and if you dont like it you can get a refund.
    Only issue is if you buy it again, you get no refund window
    11-20-15 12:03 AM
    With Android you can buy an app, and then have 15 minutes to get an automatic refund. So try it straight away and if you dont like it you can get a refund.
    Only issue is if you buy it again, you get no refund window
    I actually decided to go with Weather Underground instead. I like the black theme. Going to test it out for a week before deciding if it's worth it.

11-20-15 12:21 AM
    I actually decided to go with Weather Underground instead. I like the black theme. Going to test it out for a week before deciding if it's worth it.

Yeah thats also quite a good one! powers a lot of other apps, Weather Timeline included
    11-20-15 12:28 AM
    1: Evernote - - do a lot of roleplaying for my forum and editing and writing for my forum. Nothing bats Evernote and google documents for that. I can save crap and have it on both desktop and mobile when needed.

2: Mozilla - Again. I can sync links and pages between desktop and mobile. For my forum and other things.

3: Poweramp - Nothing beats a good simple and clean music player.

4: MX Player - Best one I've found to play anime.

5: F-Stop - this is the best alternative to the data mining quickpic and the closest to the blackberry picture app

6: Swipeup Utility - it emulates the swipe up gesture BlackBerry 10 has.
    11-20-15 12:53 AM
    No Wallpaper
    Kodi
    Google Earth
    Flipboard
    Firefox
    PlayStation App
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain App
    Seagate Media
    Camera App
    Cabinet (File Manager)
    Orbot
    All the BlackBerry apps on the device

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 01:18 AM
    Must have applications for me are;

Reddit sync

Crackberry

Light flow

Es file Explorer

Textra

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    11-20-15 01:31 AM
    Baconreader
    ES File Explorer
    Dropbox
    Mobile Nations
    Twitter
    JuiceSSH
    Termux (on F-Droid)
    11-20-15 02:50 AM

Try 1weather. Has a great tabbed widget ad well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 04:50 AM